Testing could be changing again as of the 14th

If anything, the following provides much more information at a reading level that just about everybody should be able to understand:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-to-cruise-what-counts-as-proof

Vaccination requirements vary by port of departure and by age group. Below are the current published requirements for select ports. We are continually adding, monitoring and adjusting information on vaccination requirements as public health conditions evolve. Booked guests will be advised of the latest requirements for their port of departure before sailing.

Read more about what vaccines are accepted and what documents are accepted as proof of vaccination.

FOR CRUISES DEPARTING FROM NORTH AMERICA (U.S., PUERTO RICO, CANADA)

All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. Kids age 11 or younger who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the protocols for vaccinated guests. While we do not require kids 11 or younger than to be vaccinated, many are and it is highly likely destinations will begin to require guests age 5 and older to be vaccinated. We will notify booked guests as this guidance evolves.

Each guest’s regimen must include at least two doses of vaccine unless the guest received the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. This is per U.S. CDC guidance, and no exceptions will be made, even if the guest's resident country has authorized a single-shot regimen for a two dose vaccine.

We strongly recommend that fully vaccinated guests receive a booster dose when they become eligible to do so, though it is currently not required to be considered fully vaccinated. It is highly likely many destinations will soon begin to require booster doses for all eligible guests to be considered fully vaccinated. We will notify booked guests as this guidance evolves.

Royal Caribbean will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in lieu of vaccination for guests of vaccine eligible age.

For guests on cruises that visit Bermuda, note that the local government does not recognize Novovax or Covaxin as approved vaccines — guests whose vaccination series consists of either will not be permitted to go ashore. For additional details, visit our FAQ on Cruises to Bermuda

For guests departing from Florida homeports, this vaccine requirement is the policy of several international governments for a cruise ship to enter their waters. We remain in contact with local governments in the ports we visit and will update the policy if advised.

Guests under age 12 who are not vaccinated will complete additional COVID-19 testing requirements depending on the length and departure port of their sailing.

Kids Who Are Turning 12

What if my child is turning 12 years old right before our cruise, or during our cruise, and cannot get vaccinated in time?

Any guest that is age 12 or older on boarding day must be fully vaccinated to sail. If your child’s 12th birthday is too close to boarding day to get fully vaccinated, we can move your cruise date to give you more time, or we can cancel your reservation for a full refund. Unfortunately, we cannot make any exceptions, as our port agreements expect that every vaccine-eligible guest onboard is fully vaccinated. If your child is 11 and turns 12 on Day 2 of the cruise or later, you’re in luck. Your 11 year old will be allowed to board the ship on embarkation day as long as they complete all COVID-19 testing requirements for unvaccinated children.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

REQUIRED TESTING FOR GUESTS SAILING FROM U.S. HOMEPORTS

For All Sailings from U.S. Homeports with no Stops in Bermuda or Canada

If your cruise visits Bermuda or Canada, test protocols for your cruise are in the next section. 

Guests 2 to 11 years of age who are not fully vaccinated must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken within the 3 days before boarding day, regardless of the duration of their cruise. These guests will no longer be required to take a second test at the terminal.  

Fully vaccinated guests must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken within the 3 days before boarding day on sailings that are 6 nights or longer only. Testing is not required for fully vaccinated guests on shorter itineraries.

Required testing for all guests, regardless of vaccination status, must be completed using a PCR or antigen test that is supervised by a healthcare professional or a home test kit that is conducted under live video supervision.

Tests must be arranged on your own and are at your own expense. 

• Like 1

If they're being specific about "booked after August 14th"  then they are probably also changing the contract of carriage to do away with things like credits for canceling while positive, credits for being quarantined, quarantine hotels after arrival, etc...

21 minutes ago, Lane Hog said:

If they're being specific about "booked after August 14th"  then they are probably also changing the contract of carriage to do away with things like credits for canceling while positive, credits for being quarantined, quarantine hotels after arrival, etc...

That's not how I read it, but we will have to wait and see.

1 hour ago, Ret MP said:

If anything, the following provides much more information at a reading level that just about everybody should be able to understand:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/do-i-need-a-covid-vaccine-to-cruise-what-counts-as-proof

Vaccination requirements vary by port of departure and by age group. Below are the current published requirements for select ports. We are continually adding, monitoring and adjusting information on vaccination requirements as public health conditions evolve. Booked guests will be advised of the latest requirements for their port of departure before sailing.

Read more about what vaccines are accepted and what documents are accepted as proof of vaccination.

All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. Kids age 11 or younger who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the protocols for vaccinated guests. While we do not require kids 11 or younger than to be vaccinated, many are and it is highly likely destinations will begin to require guests age 5 and older to be vaccinated. We will notify booked guests as this guidance evolves.

Each guest’s regimen must include at least two doses of vaccine unless the guest received the single dose Johnson & Johnson vaccine. This is per U.S. CDC guidance, and no exceptions will be made, even if the guest's resident country has authorized a single-shot regimen for a two dose vaccine.

We strongly recommend that fully vaccinated guests receive a booster dose when they become eligible to do so, though it is currently not required to be considered fully vaccinated. It is highly likely many destinations will soon begin to require booster doses for all eligible guests to be considered fully vaccinated. We will notify booked guests as this guidance evolves.

Royal Caribbean will not accept a Certificate of Recovery in lieu of vaccination for guests of vaccine eligible age.

For guests on cruises that visit Bermuda, note that the local government does not recognize Novovax or Covaxin as approved vaccines — guests whose vaccination series consists of either will not be permitted to go ashore. For additional details, visit our FAQ on Cruises to Bermuda

For guests departing from Florida homeports, this vaccine requirement is the policy of several international governments for a cruise ship to enter their waters. We remain in contact with local governments in the ports we visit and will update the policy if advised.

Guests under age 12 who are not vaccinated will complete additional COVID-19 testing requirements depending on the length and departure port of their sailing.

Kids Who Are Turning 12

What if my child is turning 12 years old right before our cruise, or during our cruise, and cannot get vaccinated in time?

Any guest that is age 12 or older on boarding day must be fully vaccinated to sail. If your child’s 12th birthday is too close to boarding day to get fully vaccinated, we can move your cruise date to give you more time, or we can cancel your reservation for a full refund. Unfortunately, we cannot make any exceptions, as our port agreements expect that every vaccine-eligible guest onboard is fully vaccinated. If your child is 11 and turns 12 on Day 2 of the cruise or later, you’re in luck. Your 11 year old will be allowed to board the ship on embarkation day as long as they complete all COVID-19 testing requirements for unvaccinated children.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise

If your cruise visits Bermuda or Canada, test protocols for your cruise are in the next section. 

Guests 2 to 11 years of age who are not fully vaccinated must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken within the 3 days before boarding day, regardless of the duration of their cruise. These guests will no longer be required to take a second test at the terminal.  

Fully vaccinated guests must bring a negative test result for a COVID-19 antigen or PCR test taken within the 3 days before boarding day on sailings that are 6 nights or longer only. Testing is not required for fully vaccinated guests on shorter itineraries.

Required testing for all guests, regardless of vaccination status, must be completed using a PCR or antigen test that is supervised by a healthcare professional or a home test kit that is conducted under live video supervision.

The Kids Who Are Turning 12 section seems to be out of date, since under 12 can be vaccinated. 

Edit: I forgot that some countries have not yet authorized <12 vaccination.

Edited by Another_Critic

3 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Please show me where it says I can use a certificate of recovery if I'm vaccinated in lieu of a test (which I can).  Regardless.  A simple chart like NCL has would be much more clear and useful with a link to more comprehensive details as in the link you attached for those that want a more comprehensive explanation behind their reasoning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, seasidemama said:

Please show me where it says I can use a certificate of recovery if I'm vaccinated in lieu of a test (which I can).  I am happy to show you anything that exists on Royal's site or NCL's site.  But, I don't know what that has to do with my post/response!   But, your wish is my command except that it doesn't say what you want it to say, it says what their policy is today:

FOR CRUISES DEPARTING FROM NORTH AMERICA

If your cruise departs on or after September 5, 2022, and sails from California, Louisiana, or Texas, please see the next section for your vaccination protocols.

All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. Kids age 11 or younger who have been vaccinated may present proof of full vaccination and follow the protocols for vaccinated guests. While we do not require kids 11 or younger than to be vaccinated, many are and it is possible some destinations will begin to require guests age 5 and older to be vaccinated. We will notify booked guests as this guidance evolves.

Regardless.  A simple chart like NCL has would be much more clear and useful with a link to more comprehensive details as in the link you attached for those that want a more comprehensive explanation behind their reasoning.

Oh, you mean I have to click on and go to another page on NCL's charts?  Hummmmmmm!

12 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

also:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-recovered-from-covid-19-need-to-be-vaccinated-or-take-a-test-to-sail

For Cruises Departing U.S. Homeports, Puerto Rico and Canada

A Certificate of Recovery will not be accepted in lieu of a vaccination record card for guests of vaccine eligible age. All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. 

A Certificate of Recovery, for a positive COVID-19 case at least 11 days before boarding but no more than 90 days ago, may be provided in lieu of a pre-cruise COVID-19 test result to board the ship if it meets certain requirements. However, certain ports (listed below) will not permit guests to go ashore using a Certificate of Recovery in lieu of a test result. The following two documents must be presented:

1. A certified medical health certificate from a doctor stating that you have fully recovered from COVID-19. It must meet the following requirements:
    • Official letterhead from a healthcare provider, public health official or telehealth provider showing:
      • Their name
      • Their address
      • Their phone number
      • Confirmation of your recovery and completion of isolation 
    • Must be typed (not handwritten) and signed by the provider
    • Must confirm the sample collection date of the positive PCR test, which must be a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise
  2. A positive result document for a COVID-19 PCR test taken a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise. An antigen test result will not be accepted with a Certificate of Recovery. The test results document from your test provider must include the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your positive result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “positive” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document.

NOTE: Though Royal Caribbean will accept documentation meeting these requirements to board, many countries are not currently accepting Certificates of Recovery. In these ports, guests who provided certificates would not be allowed to debark.

The following require a Certificate of Recovery to be presented with a negative test result, in order to go ashore: 

• St. Kitts
  • Panama
  • Panama Canal
  • St. Lucia
  • Guatemala
  • Colombia
  • Trinidad & Tobago
  • St. Vincent
  • the Grenadines
  • Haiti
  • Cayman Islands
  • Bermuda

36 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

also:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-recovered-from-covid-19-need-to-be-vaccinated-or-take-a-test-to-sail

For Cruises Departing U.S. Homeports, Puerto Rico and Canada

A Certificate of Recovery will not be accepted in lieu of a vaccination record card for guests of vaccine eligible age. All Royal Caribbean guests age 12 and older must present proof of full COVID-19 vaccination with the final dose of their vaccine administered at least 14 days before sailing. 

A Certificate of Recovery, for a positive COVID-19 case at least 11 days before boarding but no more than 90 days ago, may be provided in lieu of a pre-cruise COVID-19 test result to board the ship if it meets certain requirements. However, certain ports (listed below) will not permit guests to go ashore using a Certificate of Recovery in lieu of a test result. The following two documents must be presented:

Right. On a SEPARATE PAGE that is NOT even linked on any of the other dozens of pages. Yes.

7 hours ago, Ret MP said:

Kids Who Are Turning 12

I really appreciate your valiant fighting to prove a point.  It is inspiring.

Almost nobody is reading your long cut and pastes, please consider stopping it.  The internet is available with a little direction.  People can read source materials.  

I am only sharing because I am tired of having to skim past your C&P.

your friend

jc😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’ve enjoyed the bickering, but after reading everything you guys have written, I have to strongly agree with seasidemama on the Certificate of Recovery issue. It is not easy to find on the  RCCL website. I stumbled upon it using a google search. But it should be right on the page about testing, not just buried in an FAQ section. 

Edited by defreeze
  • Like 1

Testing needs to go. Its getting harder and harder to find testing locations esp here in uk. My sister was chatting to lloyds pharmacy and they said " we will be stopping the travel testing as cruise lines are scrapping testing" she had to rebook for boots pharmacy at the last minute. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Testing needs to go. Its getting harder and harder to find testing locations esp here in uk. My sister was chatting to lloyds pharmacy and they said " we will be stopping the travel testing as cruise lines are scrapping testing" she had to rebook for boots pharmacy at the last minute. 

Agree, none of the Lloyd's Pharmacies here have any available spaces for supervised testing. Fortunately we have a DAM Health here, but who knows how long that will be open for!

11 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

This is it, nothing else will be changing for the rest of August. 

Something has changed.  The Icon of uploaded/approved Vaxs Cards has disappeared on many sails.  If Royal does not keep a database of prior Pax history, the only way to determine vaxxed and non-vaxxed will be at port check-in, unless something is in the air.

5 hours ago, little britain said:

I would be happier to keep the vaccine requirement, drop the pre cruise testing; and stop the crew having to wear masks.

I’m not thrilled that unvaccinated will now be allowed on board. 
jmho. 

Why? Do you know who is and who is not unvaccinated in your regular life? How would you know on a cruise? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, nelblu said:

Something has changed.  The Icon of uploaded/approved Vaxs Cards has disappeared on many sails.  If Royal does not keep a database of prior Pax history, the only way to determine vaxxed and non-vaxxed will be at port check-in, unless something is in the air.

and the health questionnaire that we were told to take the day before the cruise was available and was only 3 questions.

16 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

and the health questionnaire that we were told to take the day before the cruise was available and was only 3 questions.

And the 3rd question "pregnancy status" apples to all genders and ages😜

20 minutes ago, hazeleyes46 said:

Why? Do you know who is and who is not unvaccinated in your regular life? How would you know on a cruise? 

Fortunately where I live 95% of the population over 18 has had 2 doses… and yes, I know who are unvaxed. It’s a small community. 

Edited by little britain
  • Like 1