Do suites still have to choose an arrival time

50 minutes ago, mommomporkchop said:

Hello Everyone,

This is my first time in a suite and was wondering if, when I check in do I still pick a time to arrive at Cape Liberty.  I think there is priority boarding, but don't know about the arrival time.

Thanks so much!

Kathy

Dont forget Suites board first:).  We love the suite pre board area and boarding first.   ENJOY!

36 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Not all ports have a suite pre-board area.

Port Canaveral has a great one, Southampton was just a roped off suite area. 

On the June 17th sailing on the Anthem we boarded first at 10:15am and were the 4th onboard.  It was pretty nice. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, skyking said:

Port Canaveral has a great one, Southampton was just a roped off suite area. 

On the June 17th sailing on the Anthem we boarded first at 10:15am and were the 4th onboard.  It was pretty nice. 

Vancouver didn't have one. That was absolute chaos and free for all once boarding began. Los Angeles didn't seem to have one either, though I can't say for sure since they opened for boarding very early so we didn't have to wait.

Galveston had a very organized system.

• Like 1

Hi Kathy,

Since you live in PA, you may be sailing from Bayonne NJ. We have sailed 4 times from Bayonne since the Covid restart. Once on Anthem of the Seas and three times on Oasis of the Seas. All four times in a Grand Suite. There has been NO Suite boarding line in Bayonne during our sailings. 

We went to the front of the line and asked the employee who was checking for arrival times, and he said there was no Suite Boarding Line, but he ushered us into the line where he was. 

It was rather embarrassing, even though no one said anything. Things are changing so rapidly, I don’t know what you will encounter. Our last cruise was on Oasis in June 2022, approx 7 weeks ago…no suite boarding line. 

We are sailing on the Oasis again in September in a Grand Suite. I’ll wait and see how the boarding goes. There was a suite line once you entered the terminal.

We are just so happy to be sailing again, and having our loved ones in good health. 

Pre Covid, I just don’t recall if there was a suite check in line. Pre Covid seems like an eternity ago…

Pat

Edited by loug1601

46 minutes ago, loug1601 said:

Hi Kathy,

Since you live in PA, you may be sailing from Bayonne NJ. We have sailed 4 times from Bayonne since the Covid restart. Once on Anthem of the Seas and three times on Oasis of the Seas. All four times in a Grand Suite. There has been NO Suite boarding line in Bayonne during our sailings. 

We went to the front of the line and asked the employee who was checking for arrival times, and he said there was no Suite Boarding Line, but he ushered us into the line where he was. 

It was rather embarrassing, even though no one said anything. Things are changing so rapidly, I don’t know what you will encounter. Our last cruise was on Oasis in June 2022, approx 7 weeks ago…no suite boarding line. 

We are sailing on the Oasis again in September in a Grand Suite. I’ll wait and see how the boarding goes. There was a suite line once you entered the terminal.

We are just so happy to be sailing again, and having our loved ones in good health. 

Pre Covid, I just don’t recall if there was a suite check in line. Pre Covid seems like an eternity ago…

Pat

Well this is very strange.   We just sailed from Bayonne in May and there was a suite boarding line.  They also have a suite waiting area inside the terminal.  This was on the Celebrity Summit though.  There was an area outside also that was marked for suites.  We are on the Adventure next month out of Bayonne so it will be interesting to see if Royal doesn't have anything for suites.

Edited by marycruz
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, loug1601 said:

Hi Kathy,

Pat

Thanks so much.  We're sailing at the end of September so you're right, things may be totally different by then.  I am so very very happy to be sailing again too, so if I'm in a line around the building, so be it, I'll still be happy  lol

• Like 1

22 hours ago, la_croisiere_s'amuse said:

Yes, you still choose an arrival time, but you can come up to an hour earlier than your assigned time if you wish. Enjoy your suite! 🙂 

FWIW: The "one hour early" is pure urban legend. There is no substantiation for that. 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/6/2022 at 10:26 PM, sunlover2 said:

Always boarded first and yes, even an hour earlier.

I'm jumping on this thread because I had a similar question, and this is also my first experience with the suite category, in Bayonne.  I had also read that we can arrive early, but I was able to snag what I think is the earliest arrival window @ 10:30.   Does this really mean we can arrive at 9:30?  I was guessing we still have to sit in the terminal until after 10 but will we be in the front of the line?   

I don't want to drive to the port early, "thinking what a great perk I have", only to be able to stand in a special line for an hour.   😳

Edited by SandG
  • Like 1

On 8/6/2022 at 9:03 PM, skyking said:

you are 100% WRONG

I am in a suite...as usual.   I have boarding time of 10:30 for Harmony.  

If I arrive an hour early...I will be standing in front of the terminal for an hour....since they don't open the door until 10:30....or 10:15 at the earliest.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Crown & Anchor Society® Members

Last updated March 4, 2022

Flexible Arrival

A spaced and scheduled boarding process has been implemented for a smooth experience. Flexible Arrival allows our Pinnacle Club and Suite guests to check in at the terminal no earlier than one hour before the 30-minute arrival window you selected ahead of your sailing, or one hour after.

2 minutes ago, sunlover2 said:

Crown & Anchor Society® Members

Last updated March 4, 2022

Flexible Arrival

A spaced and scheduled boarding process has been implemented for a smooth experience. Flexible Arrival allows our Pinnacle Club and Suite guests to check in at the terminal no earlier than one hour before the 30-minute arrival window you selected ahead of your sailing, or one hour after.

OK.....