C&A Discount

Looking to book Alaska September of 2023 , we will become diamond in January of 2023 are the discounts on cabins noticeable when Diamond ?? or just book it now? ( we are in the UK so can't reprice ) 

Cheers

14 minutes ago, chmusar said:

Looking to book Alaska September of 2023 , we will become diamond in January of 2023 are the discounts on cabins noticeable when Diamond ?? or just book it now? ( we are in the UK so can't reprice ) 

Cheers

When you’re Diamond you can call to get the discount  applied to any existing bookings; the issue being that they will/should reprice the booking to current pricing which may be much higher!

There is quite a jump between Emerald and Diamond balcony discounts

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/sgp/en/crown-anchor-society/balcony-and-suites-chart

First off it's only a discount for balcony cabins or better, secondly you've already got a discount as it starts at platinum. It'll get better at diamond but not by enough that I'd leave booking until then.

Also lately their deals have been incompatible with the C&A discount. So it's an either/or and the deal usually wins out making the C&A discount useless.

Edited by beardedladies

4 minutes ago, beardedladies said:

First off it's only a discount for balcony cabins or better, secondly you've already got a discount as it starts at platinum. It'll get better at diamond but not by enough that I'd leave booking until then.

Also lately their deals have been incompatible with the C&A discount. So it's an either/or and the deal usually wins out making the C&A discount useless.

That is true.  We just booked a couple of days ago and while we got their "deal" we didn't get our D+ discount.  My feeling is, there really aren't any C&A discounts anymore as there is always some kind of special deal anyway. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, MJDMV said:

DP340 is the discount code for Diamond Plus with 340 points and above. Does anyone know the Pinnacle discount code?

Same.  There is no separate discount code, at Pinnacle you retain DP340 (340 and above as you state).

The one difference is before Pinnacle you have to manually enter DP340 every time.  Once Pinnacle the system automatically applies DP340 based on your CAS number and the number of guests = 1.  You don't have to enter the discount code every time once Pinnacle.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MJDMV said:

DP340 is the discount code for Diamond Plus with 340 points and above. Does anyone know the Pinnacle discount code?

Also, DP340 isn't the same as the Balcony Discount. 

The DP340 is for single supplement in any room category, so it only applies if you're the only person in the room.  The Balcony Discount is only for rooms with a balcony, and it works regardless of how many people are in the room.

3 hours ago, twangster said:

Same.  There is no separate discount code, at Pinnacle you retain DP340 (340 and above as you state).

The one difference is before Pinnacle you have to manually enter DP340 every time.  Once Pinnacle the system automatically applies DP340 based on your CAS number and the number of guests = 1.  You don't have to enter the discount code every time once Pinnacle.  

We will be Pinnacle next year.  We won’t get an additional discount than what we are getting right now?  I am just curious. 

1 hour ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We will be Pinnacle next year.  We won’t get an additional discount than what we are getting right now?  I am just curious. 

Solo?  or CAS Balcony?

CAS balcony discounts go up for Pinnacle but the reduced single supplement stays the same since it applies to anyone over 340. 

You can inquire if the increased CAS balcony discount will lower your price but that usually involves a reprice to current pricing.  In many cases cruise fares go up over time so the additional CAS balcony discount for being Pinnacle may not yield a lower price on the day you reprice.

Edited by twangster

1 hour ago, Tlbecker1 said:

The DP340 is ONLY regarding the Single Supplement (regardless of room category -- I use it for insides).

The balcony discount is different:

Balcony discounts:

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights
$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$200* for sailings of 10+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights
$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$225* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$325* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Plus Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$350* for sailings of 10+ nights

Pinnacle Club Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$175* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$275* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$375* for sailings of 10+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from the dollar amount.

Credit to @Ourusualbeach for the balcony discount info above.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, twangster said:

Solo?  or CAS Balcony?

CAS balcony discounts go up for Pinnacle but the reduced single supplement stays the same since it applies to anyone over 340. 

You can inquire if the increased CAS balcony discount will lower your price but that usually involves a reprice to current pricing.  In many cases cruise fares go up over time so the additional CAS balcony discount for being Pinnacle may not yield a lower price on the day you reprice.

Great minds think (or at least post!) alike!

1 hour ago, brillohead said:

The DP340 is ONLY regarding the Single Supplement (regardless of room category -- I use it for insides).

The balcony discount is different:

Balcony discounts:

Platinum Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights
$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$200* for sailings of 10+ nights

Emerald Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$ 75 * for sailings of 3-5 nights
$125* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$225* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$125* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$225* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$325* for sailings of 10+ nights

Diamond Plus Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$150* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$250* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$350* for sailings of 10+ nights

Pinnacle Club Balcony Discount When Booking More than 6 Months from Sailing Date:
$175* for sailings of 3-5 nights
$275* for sailings of 6-9 nights
$375* for sailings of 10+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from the dollar amount.

Credit to @Ourusualbeach for the balcony discount info above.

Thank you for the clarification!  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, dada2199cc said:

If I booked through a TA, who reprices for that discount?  The TA?

When I did the price search I did put in my RCL number on the TA site but never considered the Diamond discount on my balconies and suites.

If you book with a TA, only the TA can make changes to the reservation.

As mentiond, the C&A balcony (and above) discount cannot be applied along with any other promotion.  Since there always is another promotion going on that typically is better than the C&A discount, the C&A balcony discount is essentially good for nothing right now.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

As mentiond, the C&A balcony (and above) discount cannot be applied along with any other promotion.  Since there always is another promotion going on that typically is better than the C&A discount, the C&A balcony discount is essentially good for nothing right now.

All of my rcl bookings are group bookings so I do get balcony discounts. It's only if you are booking direct.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, DCPIV said:

That is not accurate.  The CAS balcony discount can be combined with many but not all promos.  At lower levels in the CAS the tendency for the CAS balcony to have an impact largely depends on the dates and region you are booking.  One cruise for you may not have a positive impact while someone else at your level in the CAS might get something for their booking.  It's more variable at lower levels of the CAS.  

Once you climb higher in the CAS the balcony discounts tends to become a factor more often since it a larger discount.  

Just because it did nothing for you does not mean it does nothing for everyone.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCPIV said:

For our 2024 sailing I booked during a sale and was still able to use my Diamond balcony discount to get the price lower.

• Like 1