Noise from the bridge?

Mary Ann 2

We just put a deposit on suite on Regal A101 which I just noticed was directly under the bridge.  Can someone who stayed in A101 or 102 tell me if there was noise all night from the bridge? I guess it would be just walking around? I need to change to a different floor if it's a problem.

• Haha 1

While I haven't had a cabin under the bridge, I've been on the bridge a couple of times for tours and other special occasions. IIRC, the floor is carpeted so there shouldn't be a lot of shoe noise. There really aren't a lot of people up there at any one time either and they typically aren't dancing. There's no heavy carts, dishes being stacked or cabinets being slammed.

I wouldn't think twice about being under the bridge except that it's very far forward. If you like up and down movement, then it's for you!

• Like 3

I was under the bridge once, and it was very quiet.  Maybe if there is an emergency, there will be noise, but normally, voices will be normal and no alarms will be going off.  As Beg3Years pointed out, the bridge disco dance party is only once or twice per voyage.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Mary Ann 2 said:

We just put a deposit on suite on Regal A101 which I just noticed was directly under the bridge.  Can someone who stayed in A101 or 102 tell me if there was noise all night from the bridge? I guess it would be just walking around? I need to change to a different floor if it's a problem.

We stayed in A101 on Discovery. DH is a light sleeper (I sleep like I'm dead and wear hearing aids). If there had been any noise from the bridge, he would have noticed it.

BTW: the door is in a little alcove with just you...no traffic. Across from the door is a steward supply closet. No noise from that either.

Beautiful cabin and a really terrific layout.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

We stayed in A101 on Discovery. DH is a light sleeper (I sleep like I'm dead and wear hearing aids). If there had been any noise from the bridge, he would have noticed it.

BTW: the door is in a little alcove with just you...no traffic. Across from the door is a steward supply closet. No noise from that either.

Beautiful cabin and a really terrific layout.

Thanks for letting me know.  I can put that out of my mind now.

We love movement on the ship and have had mostly aft balconies with one front facing to Alaska with no problems.  We like being rocked to sleep 🙂

• Like 2

There are 3 deck officers mostly sitting and 2 lookouts. The deck officers are mostly mid ship the lookouts are mostly on the wings. We were on the bridge and it was very quiet there. Very little speaking. All are alert watching all the screens. The area just aft of the bridge are deck officers cabins with a lot of sleeping going on.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 8/9/2022 at 12:42 PM, JF - retired RRT said:

No movement at all - 5 days to Mexico on Discovery in April.

We will be in the same itinerary in the same cabin!  First time in a suite on a Royal class ship, thanks to a move-over from canceled Diamond Princess trip.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

If you have a forward facing cabin, you will need to keep your curtains closed at night so that light from your cabin does not affect the vision of those on the bridge.

Does that apply only to A deck or all forward cabins. We will be in B102 for 2 weeks in June on the Discovery 

1 hour ago, memoak said:

Does that apply only to A deck or all forward cabins. We will be in B102 for 2 weeks in June on the Discovery 

All.

The Bridge needs total forward darkness from the ship in order to scan the seas ahead.

Spent 21 nights in L101 in the Med Sea this spring. The people next door keep their balcony light on for 2 weeks at night. Exactly no one cared. No one told us to close our balcony curtains and no one told us we couldn’t go on the balcony when the ship was underway. In fact the radar-looking device in the front was wrapped in canvas and unused. It’s possible that in 2022 this is no longer a thing. I loved this cabin. 

We sailed in B101 on the Royal Princess.

Mrs. XBGuy will tell you that was the best cabin we ever had.  Lots of room and lots of storage space.

Under the forward-facing windows were, for lack of a better description, waist high storage cupboards.  Ours was an Alaska cruise, and Mrs. XBGuy loved sitting on these cupboards looking out the window searching for wildlife.  There was no notice in the cabin about keeping the curtains shut at night, and nobody said anything to us about it.

OP, I understand that my post does not address your specific question.  I felt that others had provided very informed information to you, and I just wanted to let you know that I am jealous.  I hope you enjoy your cabin as much as we enjoyed ours.  Bon Voyage.

• Like 2