Shareholder Credit

dmcfad2

I applied for shareholder OBC about 10 days ago for a cruise I have booked in December and haven’t heard back from HAL. I faxed it in and asked for an email confirmation. In the past, it has been confirmed in 1-2 days at the most. Just wondering if anyone else who applied recently is still waiting for confirmation? I am wondering if I should reapply or just keep waiting. Thanks.

24 minutes ago, dmcfad2 said:

I applied for shareholder OBC about 10 days ago for a cruise I have booked in December and haven’t heard back from HAL. I faxed it in and asked for an email confirmation. In the past, it has been confirmed in 1-2 days at the most. Just wondering if anyone else who applied recently is still waiting for confirmation? I am wondering if I should reapply or just keep waiting. Thanks.

It recently took me about 10 days for a reply.

• Like 1

My understand is that the shares certificate/brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date. My sail date is Dec 3, 2022, so I will be submitting my August statement.

I sent in my request 2 weeks ago by mail for my November cruise, asking for email confirmation, and haven't heard back yet.  I will have to follow up.

The email is: World_Cruise_Reservations@hollandamerica.com

You can find the info at the Carnival Corporation web site

Karen

32 minutes ago, LuAnn said:

Can someone give me the correct email address please? Thank you!

On 8/9/2022 at 3:35 PM, Loreto said:

I sent in my request 2 weeks ago by mail for my November cruise, asking for email confirmation, and haven't heard back yet.  I will have to follow up.

The email is: World_Cruise_Reservations@hollandamerica.com

You can find the info at the Carnival Corporation web site

Karen

Thank you Karen!

On 8/9/2022 at 5:17 PM, Slush said:

My understand is that the shares certificate/brokerage statement should be dated no earlier than 3 months prior to cruise departure date. My sail date is Dec 3, 2022, so I will be submitting my August statement.

Perhaps that’s a change in policy? I often have sent in a brokerage statement dated more than 6 months prior to cruise departure with positive results. The key date to notice is that you can’t submit a request for a sailing date beyond the current limit, presently applicable only for sailings prior to July 31, 2023.

I got same day service last week also.  In fact I received an email back so quickly, I assumed it was an auto reply so I didn't read it.  Later I read it and it said they had applied the OBC.  Great service.

Now the transfer to agency which went to the same email address took 2-3 weeks.  I finally had to call them to push it through while on the phone.

I finally called yesterday since I hadn't heard back from my July mailing to them.  Jennifer at World Cruise Reservations explained that there are 2 people in the office and mail is only being opened once a month🙁.  I don't like to do the request by email but did resend everything as a PDF and received email confirmation by the end of the day that the OBC had been applied to our November cruise.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, Loreto said:

I finally called yesterday since I hadn't heard back from my July mailing to them.  Jennifer at World Cruise Reservations explained that there are 2 people in the office and mail is only being opened once a month🙁.  I don't like to do the request by email but did resend everything as a PDF and received email confirmation by the end of the day that the OBC had been applied to our November cruise.

If there are only two people in the WC reservations office, then the other one must be Shivang Jugran who sent us our email confirmation yesterday.  I wish they could have more employees taking care of business at HAL.

3 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

If there are only two people in the WC reservations office, then the other one must be Shivang Jugran who sent us our email confirmation yesterday.  I wish they could have more employees taking care of business at HAL.

I asked Jennifer if I should address my email to her.  She said "no," that it will go to whoever opens the email.  They are all working from home/remote.  So far I have had replies from 2 different employees, neither was your guy,  Shivang. I have heard from Nisha Parashar and Puja Singh, which makes me wonder if a call center is answering the emails.  It doesn't matter, they seem to be adding the OBC.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mutumbojimbo said:

I'm glad I saw this thread. I faxed in my request almost 2 weeks ago. I guess I will call to follow up. 

I would call, phone # 800-522-3399...it goes to the HAL main menu and then you choose.  I wasn't on hold for very long. The agent I spoke with, Jennifer, told me to email of fax the request, so you should have received an prompt reply.  I always ask for email confirmation.  The email is world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com. 

I hope this helps!  it is frustrating to have to jump through so many hoops!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Loreto said:

I asked Jennifer if I should address my email to her.  She said "no," that it will go to whoever opens the email.  They are all working from home/remote.  So far I have had replies from 2 different employees, neither was your guy,  Shivang. I have heard from Nisha Parashar and Puja Singh, which makes me wonder if a call center is answering the emails.  It doesn't matter, they seem to be adding the OBC.

Emailed my request on Monday and received OBC confirmation via email on Wednesday.

4 hours ago, Loreto said:

I would call, phone # 800-522-3399...it goes to the HAL main menu and then you choose.  I wasn't on hold for very long. The agent I spoke with, Jennifer, told me to email of fax the request, so you should have received an prompt reply.  I always ask for email confirmation.  The email is world_cruise_reservations@hollandamerica.com. 

I hope this helps!  it is frustrating to have to jump through so many hoops!

Thank you for your help. I sent a follow up email this afternoon and I received a confirmation. I had received a notice that the fax went through. 

1 hour ago, Mutumbojimbo said:

Thank you for your help. I sent a follow up email this afternoon and I received a confirmation. I had received a notice that the fax went through. 

Glad you heard from them🙂!

For what it's worth....reporting my shareholder credit request timeline.....

Sent email today (8/18 @ 9:56am ET).

Got confirmation at 1:46pm ET today 8/18!

That's about as good/fast as it gets.  

Nicely done, Holland America Line!

• Like 2