Chef Table

mel8kri

11 minutes ago, mel8kri said:

If this is back, how soon can I reserve? Do I have to wait till I am on board?

Ships are doing them depending on staffing issues.  You cannot pre-book, inquire as soon as you board.

• Like 2

If you are in a suite, your suite concierge will make the arrangements for you. Otherwise, you need to ask to get on the list for consideration. If your ship has the Lumiere table and a negligible amount of COVID on board, they may host multiple nights. 

16 minutes ago, robinbtigger said:

Which days are the Chef's Table usually available?  Our anniversary is on a non-formal night and it would be wonderful if we are able to do the Chef's Table.

It is entirely up to the ship's Director of Restaurant Operations if and when they do it; no set night.

• Like 2

We were on the Royal in June and one of the first to board and the first thing I did was call to sign up for the Chefs Table and Winemakers Dinner. We were invited to both but opted to give the invite for the Winemakers Dinner back so someone else would have an opportunity to have a nice experience. This was our first time cruising with Princess and were excited to try the Chefs Table which was absolutely amazing.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2022 at 11:13 AM, robinbtigger said:

Which days are the Chef's Table usually available?  Our anniversary is on a non-formal night and it would be wonderful if we are able to do the Chef's Table.

On 8/11/2022 at 11:30 AM, jwattle said:

It is entirely up to the ship's Director of Restaurant Operations if and when they do it; no set night.

But any I have been aware of are NOT on a formal night.

• Like 2

On 8/11/2022 at 11:29 AM, latebloomer56 said:

Have they added the galley tour back into this? We haven't been in years but really liked the galley tour with treats :).

Just returned from the 06 Aug sailing on the Crown.  We were lucky to get two seats at the Chef's Table.  We called the dining line immediately after boarding and expressed interest; at the time they said it "might happen" based on "interest". On the day of the event, there were only 8 of us.

It turns out ours was only the 3rd Chef's Table on the Crown since return to operations.  There WAS a brief galley tour with hors d'oeuvres, but NOT of the lower galley because it was not operating (due to reduced staffing). They said they had been sailing 62-65% guest occupancy, with a corresponding staff reduction, and expected to increase to 85% after the Crown's dry dock in October.

• Like 4