3 Day Sale Extension

ceilidh1

Just putting this out there for those who are familiar with the 3 day sale and might have interest. Starting today, there is an "extension" on the 3DS that will incorporate the newly released Americas itineraries (that weren't available when the original sale was on). It also includes all previously released Americas so you might want to do a little browsing if you are looking to book something in the next few days. The promo includes OBC, coupon book (!), reduced deposits, and Plus/Premier protected at $40 per day/$65 per day. This is NOT through Princess but a TA (PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS THE TA SITE - IT IS AGAINST THE RULES OF CC!)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Just putting this out there for those who are familiar with the 3 day sale and might have interest. Starting today, there is an "extension" on the 3DS that will incorporate the newly released Americas itineraries (that weren't available when the original sale was on). It also includes all previously released Americas so you might want to do a little browsing if you are looking to book something in the next few days. The promo includes OBC, coupon book (!), reduced deposits, and Plus/Premier protected at $40 per day/$65 per day. This is NOT through Princess but a TA (PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS THE TA SITE - IT IS AGAINST THE RULES OF CC!)

Confirmed. Our TA from that Agency just informed us of the Sale extension to cover bookings made between August 10-13. We'll be making two new bookings with her, though I had hoped the Sale would include $1 deposits; unfortunately the deposits are "only" 50% off.

2 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

Is that the emailed coupon book that has just about nothing in it or a newer version that might be worth something? 

It will almost certainly be the current Coupon Book, the one that replaced the BOGO Specialty Dinner with a bottle of cheap wine, rather useless for those of us with Packages.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

I thought the 3 day sale was held in June....

Is this the same major TA that does the June event?

I am not finding any info.

Same sale. Same TA. Includes newly released Americas itinieraries as well as previously released Americas

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

It will almost certainly be the current Coupon Book, the one that replaced the BOGO Specialty Dinner with a bottle of cheap wine, rather useless for those of us with Packages.

I figured as much. Those days of a BOGO dinner are long gone.

Oh well, their loss. 

Even the setup isn't worth much these days seeing that most of us have the package. 

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

Same sale. Same TA. Includes newly released Americas itineraries as well as previously released Americas

It's nice of this agency to have a redux on the 3DS for their clients - whether you use them or not.  Folks didn't have the chance back in the summer with no Americas schedule out as yet.

Bummer.  After checking several cruises I found the "sale" pricing to be identical to that on the Princess website.  The only benefit would  be a reduced deposit and the dubious coupon book.  I remember when the 3-Day Sale used to be something special.😕

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

It will the same one in play all this year.  Don't expect anything wonderful.

Not expecting anything, just curious to what's in it. If anyone has it, or has access to it, I'd appreciate understanding what is included.

2 hours ago, killsport said:

Not expecting anything, just curious to what's in it. If anyone has it, or has access to it, I'd appreciate understanding what is included.

A couple of people posted the contents earlier this year.  Probably was on a "live from" you could try searching for "coupon book" in 2022.  Some folks had Passenger Services (PSD) print some out.  Otherwise, it's on the phone virtual.  I am trying to think of other clues to put in forum search.  You could include "wine" as one of them has to do with that IIRC.  Make sure you customize the forum search so that ALL of the words must be present.  Not sure if it will work, but you can try.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mnocket said:

Bummer.  After checking several cruises I found the "sale" pricing to be identical to that on the Princess website.  The only benefit would  be a reduced deposit and the dubious coupon book.  I remember when the 3-Day Sale used to be something special.😕

Interesting. Our TA with that agency just today quoted us a slightly lower price than Princess was quoting for Balcony, Deluxe Balcony and Mini, (I asked her to quote all three), as well as $150/pp OBC, the reduced deposit and the coupon book. 

Edited by lx200gps

3 hours ago, mnocket said:

Plus the onboard credit

30 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Interesting. Our TA with that agency just today quoted us a slightly lower price than Princess was quoting for Balcony, Deluxe Balcony and Mini, (I asked her to quote all three), as well as $150/pp OBC, the reduced deposit and the coupon book. 

Sometimes you can get a great deal as they often have group rates - I just booked a holiday cruise on Ruby and got the group rate that includes plus perks for almost the same price as the Princess standard rate that doesn't include perks. Plus the OBC. 

I booked a cruise under this promo yesterday. Pricing was below the Princess website, and we received a cabin credit of $155, per person. My TA told me that the best discounts are on Princess Plus because it's being offered under the old pricing of $40 per day, instead of the new $50 per day. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, mnocket said:

I would call in and work with an agent. The pricing on the website is usually higher than what the agent can give you. When I checked my cruise on the website, the price was higher than what my agent quoted, and she gave me extra cabin credits. 

On 8/10/2022 at 3:41 PM, ceilidh1 said:

I booked with a Princess CVP, and in my Travel Summary for that booking, I see under special service, it listed "cruise night coupon book".  Is that the same book you attached?  Will Princess send me the coupon book before my cruise (Oct 2022) or will send me an email with an attachment of the coupon book?   Thanks.

3 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

I booked with a Princess CVP, and in my Travel Summary for that booking, I see under special service, it listed "cruise night coupon book".  Is that the same book you attached?  Will Princess send me the coupon book before my cruise (Oct 2022) or will send me an email with an attachment of the coupon book?   Thanks.

If things are still the same as our last Princess trip a few months ago, you probably won't receive anything physical or electronic, I know we didn't. The fact that you have the Coupon Book is known to the Princess "system" on board, however, so when you try to use one of the coupons, the staff will know it.  If you do intend to actually use one of the coupons, you could go to Guest Services and ask them to print out the specific page you need