GTY cabin assignment..when was the earliest your cabin was assigned?

On 8/25/2022 at 5:27 PM, marvelous35 said:

I was finally able to check in.  I got my SetSail pass.  Transferred it to Apple Wallet.  And my cabin number is GTY.

I got my cabin assignment today.  25 days before sailing.  It looks like a fine cabin.  Cabins above and below us, which is great for less noise.  It showed up on the set sail pass first.  Then it was in the app shortly after that.

We book through an online travel agent.  

14 minutes ago, RandomUser123 said:

I checked in this morning for my cruise in 45 days and did the apple wallet trick and it showed my cabin room number for the GTY we booked below the barcode. 

That's how it works most of the time.

I'm sitting here waiting for whatever IT issue is preventing people on my 10/24 Indy sailing from accessing our set sail passes and it's driving me nuts. 😠 Been getting the same error message since I checked in. I know it will magically appear eventually but I'm impatient.

• Haha 1

We have booked balcony gty about 30 days out twice in the last couple months.  We waited 24 days for one assignment.  The other assignment came within 4 hours.     

Though it has worked for us other times, the barcodes trick did not elucidate those two cabin numbers any sooner; there was no identifiable lag before those assignments were visible in the app.

On 9/14/2022 at 5:44 AM, OCSC Mike said:

That's how it works most of the time.

I'm sitting here waiting for whatever IT issue is preventing people on my 10/24 Indy sailing from accessing our set sail passes and it's driving me nuts. 😠 Been getting the same error message since I checked in. I know it will magically appear eventually but I'm impatient.

I am getting the same for our 10/31 Navigator sailing.  On the app when I try to view set sail pass it says I have to proceed to the check in counter at the port.  If I try the website I just get a blank screen.  As you say, we will know eventually but I’m also impatient. 

Still can't access my set sail pass for my GTY on Indy 10/24 but it's 30 days out today and I received my cruise docs via e-mail right on schedule.

The luggage tags are blank but I can see the highlighted section (where your cabin is) and the main info page has my deck #. It's not terrible (decks 2-3 are really the only place I would truly not want to be), but not my first choice as I prefer aft and we appear to be forward.

Happy to at least have some bit of info even if it's not my 1st choice location. I have a RoyalUp bid in and will look to move once the cabin is officially assigned.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dan83 said:

Just to add a data point. Received cabin assignment on Adventure sometime between 86-89 days prior to sail. We don’t often book guarantee cabins so have nothing to compare this to. 

FWIW, that's extremely early.

• 10 months later...

OK Mike here's todays info:  SUDDENLY things have changed on our App, no change to My Cruises Set Sail Pass at all, but in the phone the set sail pass has added a deck number 6.  It wasn't there yesterday.  We are exactly 35 days out now.  I don't think that number would just suddenly appear in the app if we were not officially assigned.

On 9/24/2022 at 9:22 AM, Dan83 said:

Just to add a data point. Received cabin assignment on Adventure sometime between 86-89 days prior to sail. We don’t often book guarantee cabins so have nothing to compare this to. 

On 9/24/2022 at 9:27 AM, OCSC Mike said:

FWIW, that's extremely early.

Received our Balcony GTY assignment this past April 4th for a cruise coming up on September 14, 2023

5 months before cruise and even before final payment.

So early assignment can and does happen.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 1

So we upgraded from an interior to balcony guarantee a couple weeks ago for our September cruise. Check in on the app and online stated checkin opens August 1st up until this evening. The app now says check in is closed and online it says checkin opens August 2nd. Has anybody else had this happen to them?

Our room assignment just appeared on our app and online set sail pass, and it is indeed  what showed up on the bar code just like Mike said.  Neat trick, thanks Mike.  We are very pleased.  Now just waiting for the luggage tags on end of contract to appear and we'll be set. It is exactly 31 days out.

• Like 1

No rhyme or reason to this 🤪  I expected the contract/luggage tags to be printable this morning 30 days out, but no...not there yet.  I have had room assigned day of cruise and a week after booking...gotta scratch your head about that!

30 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

No rhyme or reason to this. I expected the contract/luggage tags to be printable this morning 30 days out, but no...not there yet.

Don't count on anything being 100% on time with RC IT. Like the cabin assignment, just keep checking, they will appear at some point... possibly even later today. I vaguely remember docs not necessarily being available in the early morning 30 days out but later in the day.

24 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I'm on it 😉HEY!!!!!!!!!!  They just showed up!  HA

Now you have a big problem... you have nothing to keep checking for over the next 30 days!

I suggest some RoyalUp bids. 😁

• Haha 1

OUr ship is full up, only 3 crown lofts left at a whopping $1270 minimum, and 1 JS at not much less...and just think of all the competition...nope we're done!😁

In fact we packed....LOLOL!  Nothing to do now but twiddle our thumbs! HA

Edited by BecciBoo
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, buckeyefrank said:

We booked the icon a few months ago for Sept 2024.

We'll be there with you if yours is the 14th.  We booked the day she opened in October and there were absolutely no GTYs to be had, very difficult booking too with all the 3 berth requirements that day, I had to have help from front office just to get our cabin for 2.

14 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

We'll be there with you if yours is the 14th.  We booked the day she opened in October and there were absolutely no GTYs to be had, very difficult booking too with all the 3 berth requirements that day, I had to have help from front office just to get our cabin for 2.

We're actually on the 7th sailing so we'll see you on turnover day :).  I too had problems finding a guarantee.  I never did find one directly with RCL, but an online TA did have some.  The pricing was all over the place.  This is our first time on RCL and there are some definite differences.  I am having sticker shock from the cococay and drink package prices.  I looked to see if we could add our son recently and the prices have doubled since we booked.  I think we ended up with a really good deal.

• Like 1