ArriveCan piece of junk

satxdiver

39 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I finished it this morning for the Caribbean Princess on Monday. Here's the link to the website version:

https://arrivecan.cbsa-asfc.cloud-nuage.canada.ca/en/welcome

I managed to get the app to work on my phone. I printed out the emailed receipt, though, just to make sure in case I can't get it to work on my phone whenever someone wants to check.

Always a good idea to have paper and electronic copies. I also PDF every one of these "receipts" (test results, Vacc certs, ArriveCan receipt etc) and place them on my phone's "desktop" so I have almost instant access to them and don't have to search.  Since they are PDF I don't need the original app that generated them and can show them to whoever is asking in seconds

• Like 2

We found it easier to set up our accounts on our computer beforehand, and then used the app only while traveling. DH has an older phone and tablet and he could not set up his account on those, but he could use the app no problem once the info had been input by pc.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, memoak said:

You actually need the app to enter the country. We we never asked for it when we left the ship but we also need not leave the ship in Victoria

You can complete the arrive can app 3 days before embarkation, and that should then give you a QR code that's good to get off the ship in Victoria,, if you try to complete the app greater than 3 days prior it will throw your dummy out of the pram

• Haha 2

On 8/12/2022 at 5:40 PM, Thrak said:

... so you must use the ArriveCan app. Period.

Not exactly true. You do need to fill out ArriveCan, but it doesn't need to be via the app. There is a website version for people that don't have a smartphone. They suggest having a friend or relative do it for you, or use a library or hotel computer if you don't have a computer either.

https://arrivecan.cbsa-asfc.cloud-nuage.canada.ca/en/welcome

• Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 7:39 PM, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

It might be easier for you to wait til your onboard.

We weren't able to finish the Arrivecan info until 3 days before we leave.

I just now tried filling it out for our cruise next week? 

But its over 3 days away.  No go.

Llike others have mentioned, its pretty easy once you get on a roll.

If its 3 days away and still having issue?  See if you can complete onboard.

We didn't have anyone ask us if we Completed it until the day before we were going to be in Canada.

And even then, Nobody looked at it.  And we didn't need to show it getting off the ship in Victoria.

Just recently on a Canada/New England cruise and they definitely asked us more than once if we had it.. as we were boarding and at the beginning of the cruise before we arrived in Canada. Help was offered for anyone who needed it. We never had to show physical proof but I have no doubt that they would have known if we hadn’t filled it in since it’s linked to the passport.

1 hour ago, Camelia- said:

We never had to show physical proof but I have no doubt that they would have known if we hadn’t filled it in since it’s linked to the passport.

I've done a land and a marine border crossing to Canada in the last few months, and both times they just asked for the  passport and used my number to access my Arrivecan account.  I had paper copies of everything, which I always do, but they can see all the info on their screen. 

• Like 1

I’m Canadian and on the news today they said that Arrive Can is probably a permanent thing. My elderly dad in law got a paper copy to fill out because he has difficulty with phones, computers etc. people with special needs can get some help. Go to Govt of Canada travel info.  Hope this helps a little!

• Thanks 1

Hoping someone has a crystal ball.

√. I completed account information.

√. I completed traveler's information (passport).

I realize that I have to wait to be within 72 hours to fill in the rest.  Can someone describe how many more sections there are and what I can expect to have to fill out? 

I will be in Canada for two days prior to my cruise embarkation.  I might not have my test results before entering Canada.  What is the bare necessity for arriving by plane? 

I know that I have to have a covid test for the cruise.  Will the results have to be uploaded to the app before arriving by plane?  

Will I be able to fill out enough on the app to get me into Canada?  Then fill in the test information before boarding?

Thanks for your help.  This is specific to traveling to Canada with an embarkation from a Canadian port.

9 hours ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I realize that I have to wait to be within 72 hours to fill in the rest.  Can someone describe how many more sections there are and what I can expect to have to fill out? 

I will be in Canada for two days prior to my cruise embarkation.  I might not have my test results before entering Canada.  What is the bare necessity for arriving by plane? 

I know that I have to have a covid test for the cruise.  Will the results have to be uploaded to the app before arriving by plane?  

Will I be able to fill out enough on the app to get me into Canada?  Then fill in the test information before boarding?

Thanks for your help.  This is specific to traveling to Canada with an embarkation from a Canadian port.

You might want to consider cross-posting this over on the Canadian Cruisers sub forum, as there are a lot of ArriveCan experts over there who are very helpfull with questions like this.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/2510-canadian-cruisers/

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 9:05 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Hi,  getting ready to leave for Alaska cruise RT Seattle with stop in Victoria. I’m wondering the same…do we need to upload our COVID-19 test to ArriveCan and if so can we enter most of the info within the 72 hour window and upload the test results later?  Anticipate results 24 hours prior to boarding.  Were you able to find answers to your questions?

10 minutes ago, roxievegas said:

I don't know how things work with the ArriveCan, but know has asked to see any of our paperwork.  Our first stop on this cruise was Saint John and we just walked off the ship.

I've used ArriveCAN at least a dozen times in the past year, and border agents have never asked to see the QR code or any other paperwork.  However, Princess has asked for proof of completing ArriveCAN when boarding the ship at the beginning of the cruise.

1 hour ago, westcoaster said:

You do not need to upload Covid test results into ArriveCAN since that is not required for entry into Canada.  They are only interested in vaccination status.

Thank you for this info!  Glad to know I can do this before my test results come in.  

• Like 1