Carnival and Princess removed pre testing for vaccinated

On 8/12/2022 at 5:49 PM, Concretemanstan said:

If you do it will be very mild if you've had the vaccine

That is a very broad assumption and untrue. Yes, if you are vaccinated and boosted you will likely not get as sick as someone who has not been vaccinated. BUT, you can still get VERY sick despite the vaccination. It comes down to the specific strain you acquired and how your body responds to it.

Edited by mom2miracles
  • Like 1

On 8/12/2022 at 6:19 PM, Blauelini said:

Who cares. My next cruise is to Alaska so we have the obligatory waste of time in having to stop in Canada for 5 hours (5p to 10p; like what in God's earth are you going to do with that time frame when you are packed for disembark 12 hours later) so we will have to test regardless. I would not be surprised if the Canadian government has this in place still come summer 2023.

You don't have to have a negative test to enter Canada....

1 hour ago, Keksie said:

The reason the testing, vaccination requirements, and the possibility of having to mask stop us from booking a cruise is that other vacation options don't require any of that and are just as much fun! Just too many hoops to have to jump through.

That's great!  You do have plenty of other vacation options, and it's all good that they meet your needs.

21 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You do if you're entering Canada on a cruise ship

Not by the Canadian Government you don't. If testing is required, it would be because of the specific cruise line. You also MUST be vaccinated to enter Canada. If you aren't, you have to do a 14 day mandatory quarantine with testing on days 1 and 8 and can still be fined.  

51 minutes ago, foxgoodrich said:

That's great!  You do have plenty of other vacation options, and it's all good that they meet your needs.

Nope.

We are putting heavy pressure on the cruise lines to allow us on, and this year? 

We will be aboard.

45 minutes ago, mom2miracles said:

Not by the Canadian Government you don't. If testing is required, it would be because of the specific cruise line. You also MUST be vaccinated to enter Canada. If you aren't, you have to do a 14 day mandatory quarantine with testing on days 1 and 8 and can still be fined.  

COVID-19: Cruise ship travel requirements – Travel.gc.ca

image.thumb.png.ec61fcb787cdd85ffc1cbd7c0eed6a15.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mom2miracles said:

Try again 

3 hours ago, TheHawk1 said:

Maybe Carnival could become the official cruise line for the unvaccinated?  Works for me since I plan never to cruise with them.

I thought we were discussing pre-cruise testing.  Perhaps you are assuming, incorrectly, that I am unvaxxed.  I have been jabbed 4 times and if available, plan to get another booster in September before I cruise in October..

6 hours ago, foxgoodrich said:

Since prisons don't physically travel to different cities and countries, I would expect the regulations affecting them would be different than those pertaining to cruise ships.  I think there might be some consideration as to the speed with which infected passengers/crew on a ship, visiting multiple ports in multiple countries, can spread the disease.  And different countries (ports) have different requirements that must be observed for ships to port.  Testing has been used as a tool for prevention.  Clearly it has been  used effectively by the cruise lines since the CDC dropped all the cruise ship requirements last month.  

There are covid cases on every single cruise right now. Clearly testing has not been effective at all. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, retired dude said:

my favorites are the a------- that get the covid  and  continue to roam the ship like nothing happened and spread their goodness to their fellow passengers....narcissism remains supreme in today's society.

Same with those who have the flu, colds, etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mom2miracles said:

Canada requires a test to  board a cruise ship that's going to be in Canada

• Like 1

swallow, not-enough-cruising, smokeybandit - my apologies. While I read it as COVID test, for whatever reason, my mind translated it to vaccination requirements. Even in my second post, I knew the conversation was about testing, yet, my mind kept going back to vaccinations. My bad.

Apparently, I shouldn't be trying to do two different things at once - my magnet making for my upcoming cruise was clearly more important. LOL! 

I'm still right about the vaccination requirements though. 😉 ...ignore the rest. LOL!  

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, danilija said:

What is the current covid test policy for Royal - do they do the test at the port or do we need to find some otjer place where to take the test? We are coming from EU and sailing from port of miami in September

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/will-i-have-to-take-a-test-before-i-cruise#united-states

14 hours ago, mek said:

I thought we were discussing pre-cruise testing.  Perhaps you are assuming, incorrectly, that I am unvaxxed.  I have been jabbed 4 times and if available, plan to get another booster in September before I cruise in October..

Then why would you suggest switching your loyalty from Royal to Carnival over a little test? I’m not a big fan of it either, but I’m not all bent out of shape over it like some others here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheHawk1 said:

Then why would you suggest switching your loyalty from Royal to Carnival over a little test? I’m not a big fan of it either, but I’m not all bent out of shape over it like some others here.

Again another misconception about me - although I'm Diamond on Royal, I'm also Platinum on Carnival and Princess - I have absolutely no "loyalty" to Royal at all.  

It's just that prior to Covid, we cruised frequently and only took cruises based on itinerary, ship, price..... so we have accumulated a lot of cruises on multiple lines.

I don't know that I'm bent out of shape over pre-cruise testing - I simply don't think it's necessary any longer and it is a big hassle because we have to fly - 2 days before means we can't fly down 2 days prior without a lot of complications.

While it really shouldn't matter to you, my husband is disabled and our trips require extra planning without adding something else to have to manage, so I would gladly switch to another line in order to not have to deal with it.

• Like 7