Blocking nasty people?

Not sure if "ignore people" is the same as blocking a poster but if you go to the arrow to the right of your logon name and look for "Ignored Users" in the drop down menu that comes and then click on it you can add someone  to a list where their posts or comments I think are ignored.

• Thanks 2

Just now, BabySarge said:

Not sure if "ignore people" is the same as blocking a poster but if you go to the arrow to the right of your logon name and look for "Ignored Users" in the drop down menu that comes and then click on it you can add someone  to a list where their posts or comments I think are ignored.

Thanks!  That is what I was looking for.  
We all have opinions but there is one poster who consistently make snarky, rude comments 85% of the time and I'm tired of seeing it.

Thanks again, BabySarge!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

An even easier way is to simply hover over their avatar next to one of their posts and then click on Ignore. You will, of course, still see their comments when someone else quotes them.

Edited by Thrak
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Thrak said:

An even easier way is to simply hover over their avatar next to one of their posts and then click on Ignore. You will, of course, still see their comments when someone else quotes them.

What is worse is if someone responds to them.  You see a response that doesn't make any sense, because you don't know what the response is about.  This drove me crazy trying to figure this out after blocking someone once.  I ended up having to unblock them. 😝😝

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, BabySarge said:

I don’t see that arrow you mention, 

so I followed Thrak’s suggestion.

Thanks!! 

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

11 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

What is worse is if someone responds to them.  You see a response that doesn't make any sense, because you don't know what the response is about.  This drove me crazy trying to figure this out after blocking someone once.  I ended up having to unblock them. 😝😝

That's something to consider.  I guess I will see how it goes.  
I have never done this before, but when I got several snarky remarks, I clicked on their profile just to get a bit more insight on why,  I ended up seeing all their responses to others on the forum and there were so many that were rude.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, suzyed said:

... I ended up seeing all their responses to others on the forum and there were so many that were rude.

FYI to all,

Please remember, since Cruise Critic does not review messages before they are posted and cannot read through the thousands of messages posted each day, Cruise Critic depends on you and all your fellow Cruise Critic members for help.

From the Guidelines we all agreed to follow when registering for our free Cruise Critic memberships:

"... Staff members and our volunteers are here to provide you with an environment that is free from advertising and soliciting, free from harassment, vulgarity and disparaging statements, as well as providing you with a safe haven brought together by those sharing a mutual interest: cruising!

We encourage you to utilize the reporting system built into the board system; you'll find a Report a Post icon located in the upper right hand corner of the posting. Use it! We will review the report and take appropriate action..."

See the following pinned thread on this forum for updated information: How To: Report a Post

A User Reported Content list of all the reports is generated for review to all Hosts and Administrators. The list will automatically show the important information they MUST have such as the forum name, thread title or post in addition to your report.

The volunteer Hosts or paid Administrators will review your Report post report when they can. I say "when they can" because all e-mails and Report post reports to Cruise Critic are answered in order of receipt. With almost two million members and e-mails or reports being sent 24/7 from all over the world, please be patient for any action. Also, please remember the Hosts are non-paid volunteers working the boards when their real life permits. Most Administrators work regular weekday business hours.

If anyone has any questions/comments/feedback concerning the above information about the Report feature, please note the following from the Guidelines:

"... If you have any questions or comments regarding our posting guidelines or any content found on our message boards please be sure and let me know. I'll be happy to discuss them with you.

LauraS
Senior Manager, Community
community@cruisecritic.com ..."

Please send your email with your questions/comments/feedback to LauraS, Senior Manager, Community at community@cruisecritic.com. Also, please send the email from your Cruise Critic email address of record and be sure to mention your Cruise Critic user name. This is so your membership can be verified, and reply sent to your Cruise Critic email address of record. If your current Cruise Critic email address of record is not correct and needs to be updated before you send your email, please see the following: How to: Change your Cruise Critic Email Address or User Name

Hope this information will be helpful to anyone reading this now closed thread. 

Host Kat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1