What is the menu normally on the first night in the Grand Dining room?

oskidunker

14 hours ago, ORV said:

That was Aussie Gal that said 60 day window. I was curious about Sunlover12 as they said they have no issues getting the times and dates they wanted. Also didn't specify whether sharing or alone, always makes a difference in these things. If they are cruising in Oct it could be a Concierge or PH. 

Thanks for posting the chart. Always handy to have.

PH. 3 alone, 1 sharing. We don’t like eating a big meal late so they are all at 6:30. There were many times available on the days we booked. 

10 hours ago, Riverroad said:

You won’t be able to do it online. I tried to book online for 6 of us for a July cruise and it wouldn’t accept the reservation. I called O 3 times and none of the reps I spoke to could get the system to accept a reservation for 6. No explanation as to why not. We subsequently became 7 when a single friend decided to join us. I decided to wait til we boarded and went immediately to the specialty restaurants reservation desk. Explained the problem and, in about 3 minutes, the reservation person got all 7 of us at one table for the nights we wanted. It may have helped that we were in a PH. BTW, when our butler came to introduce himself, he told me not to ask him to try for extra reservations because the ship was full and he couldn’t get any. First time for us having a butler and I was counting on that perk.

Wrong, as long as you have the booking numbers for each passenger AND they are paid in full, you certainly can.   And I would report that butler and request a new one be assigned.

Edited by shepherd really

2 hours ago, sunlover12 said:

PH. 3 alone, 1 sharing. We don’t like eating a big meal late so they are all at 6:30. There were many times available on the days we booked. 

Thanks for the info. You were able to book at 75 days, for our upcoming Regatta cruise (full ship) we booked at 45 days. Our experience was that out of an eight-day cruise there was 1 night, with one time, which was either 8:30 or 9pm available for alone. Even with sharing there was only one night with a 6:30 time slot, which we prefer. I think we took that one and another at 7:30. But it certainly wasn't on the days and times we wanted. So there definitely seems to be an advantage for booking a higher category on full cruises. 

Far too many variables in all the episodes.

1. seven(7) day cruises are problematic on full ships. Every one is guaranteed at least one reservation in each of the Specialties. Even 10 dayers are nowhere near as bad as 7 day cruises in this regard.

2. on the short seven day cruises, one hasn’t a clue as to the number of reservations already made from b2b ers starting on earlier cruises.

3. Extra reservations are never guaranteed on any cruise, even with a butler. This is especially the case if the party is larger than two and unwilling to share. 

4. the top suites pay a top price. If they want a Specialty every night they get. They outrank PHers. We were on a cruise pre Covid where our butler couldn’t get us an extra night in Jacques. He told us that some of the top suites were eating there every single night! 

5. There are only a limited number of two tops. They go quickly because many people don’t seem to like company at dinner. Those willing to share can often find available tables at the earlier hours.

8 hours ago, shepherd really said:

Wrong, as long as you have the booking numbers for each passenger AND they are paid in full, you certainly can.   And I would report that butler and request a new one be assigned.

Please don’t tell me I’m wrong. I am relating my experience for my July cruise. I had everyone’s booking number and we (3 couples) were all paid in full. I tried at midnight on the first day PH was eligible. Could not book a table for 6 on the website. 3 different O reps were unable to book a table for 6. No explanation as to why it couldn’t be done. Each rep said they’d look into it and call me back and no one ever did.

20 minutes ago, Riverroad said:

Please don’t tell me I’m wrong. I am relating my experience for my July cruise. I had everyone’s booking number and we (3 couples) were all paid in full. I tried at midnight on the first day PH was eligible. Could not book a table for 6 on the website. 3 different O reps were unable to book a table for 6. No explanation as to why it couldn’t be done. Each rep said they’d look into it and call me back and no one ever did.

maybe to do with the limited capacity or covid  ..or an IT clitch

In the past  we  book our selection day/time then "INVITE A GUEST" tab  add their booking number/name  then do the next couple  but that was pre covid  

There have been a lot of changes  since then

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

maybe to do with the limited capacity or covid  ..or an IT clitch

In the past  we  book our selection day/time then "INVITE A GUEST" tab  add their booking number/name  then do the next couple  but that was pre covid  

There have been a lot of changes  since then

Lyn, that’s exactly how I tried to do it. It would only let me “invite” one couple. Wouldn’t take the next couple. I thought it might have been due to Covid restrictions but all 3 O reps said that was not the case. So who knows? It all worked out once on board.

• Like 1