LAX to Port of Los Angeles or near-by hotel

pbrady

There are so many options out there but the prices are allover the place.  Some have a fee if you are late (no way we can guarantee a time flying across Country.  It almost seems a taxi is about the same price. I also read we could book through celebrity but I can't find id that still exists & we plan on flying in the day before.  Any suggestions?

Much appreciated!

We're booked on an RCL cruise for December and are booked at 

Motel 6 Los Angeles, CA - Los Angeles - LAX

5101 W Century Blvd, Inglewood, CA, 90304 United States of America

They have an airport shuttle and the uber cost to the port isn't too bad.

Thanks - I have a hotel booked (free cancellation) .  I'm looking for the best way to get there.  

However, if you know of a hotel that has a transfer - I'd consider switching hotels.  If you know the cost of the transfer - that would be great info.

1 hour ago, pbrady said:

here are so many options out there but the prices are allover the place.  Some have a fee if you are late (no way we can guarantee a time flying across Country.  It almost seems a taxi i

Check the West Coast Departures forum for lots of info on LAX and San Pedro port.  I used the info on that forum to decide to Uber from LAX to the Crowne Plaza in San Pedro for our January 2023 cruise.

Enjoy your cruise.

Are you looking for a hotel near LAX or near the port?   We are booked at the Crowne Plaza across from the port.  There is also a Doubletree nearby. I believe they both may have a shuttle to the port (fee).  
Im not aware of any hotel in San Pedro with a airport shuttle.  
The cost of taxi, Uber or Lyft seem to be in the $60-80 range depending upon exactly where you are starting from and traffic,.

We usually fly in the afternoon before and stay at an LAX hotel (Marriott or Sheraton). We Uber to the port the next morning. Uber is quite a bit cheaper from the hotels than it is from LAX. There isn’t a lot around San Pedro, so not worth it for us to stay down there. We have stayed in Long Beach in the past which is very nice, but lately I’ve found the hotels very pricey as lots of conventions in the area.

• Thanks 1

On 8/14/2022 at 11:04 AM, pbrady said:

I also read we could book through celebrity but I can't find id that still exists & we plan on flying in the day before.  Any suggestions? Much appreciated!

On 8/14/2022 at 11:52 AM, pbrady said:

Thanks - I have a hotel booked (free cancellation) .  I'm looking for the best way to get there.  

However, if you know of a hotel that has a transfer - I'd consider switching hotels.  If you know the cost of the transfer - that would be great info.

There are two options; Option 1, book a hotel near LAX and then the next day Uber to the port or use the Celebrity transfer back at LAX. Option 2, book a hotel in San Pedro and use the hotel shuttle to the ship, walk or use Uber.

San Pedro is 20 miles south of LAX, no LAX hotels have a transfer.

In San Pedro both the Crowne Plaza and DoubleTree have shuttles. The CP is walkable to the ship, the DoubleTree is not.

On 8/14/2022 at 11:17 AM, patty1955 said:

We're booked on an RCL cruise for December and are booked at 

Motel 6 Los Angeles, CA - Los Angeles - LAX

5101 W Century Blvd, Inglewood, CA, 90304 United States of America

They have an airport shuttle and the uber cost to the port isn't too bad.

Hmmm...You might want to do some checking on this "Motel". Best of luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 93yearsyoung said:

Sonesta, Hilton, and Marriott all have reasonable hotels in El Segundo/Manhattan Beach. They will not be as cheap as the Motel 6 or the other hotels east of the 405 freeway and that should tell you something.

The free shuttle was actually more important than the price but I'll take a look.

39 minutes ago, patty1955 said:

The free shuttle was actually more important than the price but I'll take a look.

The LAX Marriott, LAX Hilton, Four Points, Sheraton, Westin, Residence Inn, Homewood Suites, H2, Embassy Suites, Renaissance, Courtyard, Hyatt House, Hyatt Regency all have free shuttles.

35 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

The LAX Marriott, LAX Hilton, Four Points, Sheraton, Westin, Residence Inn, Homewood Suites, H2, Embassy Suites, Renaissance, Courtyard, Hyatt House, Hyatt Regency all have free shuttles.

Thank you

If we fly into LAX about 2 pm the day before the cruise where would be a suggestion to stay that night?  Would like a safe (relatively anyway) nice place with some activity in the area such as shopping, restaurants, etc.  I'm guessing if it was between LAX and the Port of Los Angeles the total shuttle cost would likely be similar to just taking a shuttle between LAX and San Pedro Port.  Also post cruise what would be a reasonable flight time for the return home?  thanks for any info. 

5 hours ago, FrogCruiser said:

If we fly into LAX about 2 pm the day before the cruise where would be a suggestion to stay that night?  Would like a safe (relatively anyway) nice place with some activity in the area such as shopping, restaurants, etc.  I'm guessing if it was between LAX and the Port of Los Angeles the total shuttle cost would likely be similar to just taking a shuttle between LAX and San Pedro Port.  Also post cruise what would be a reasonable flight time for the return home?  thanks for any info. 

The only "in between" area I think I'd recommend is Torrance, near the Del Amo Mall. Other than that I'd say Downtown Long Beach for the biggest choices of restaurants, shopping, etc or San Pedro that has restaurants, but no shopping.

When to schedule a flight out of LAX depends on the day of the week. On a Sat - Sun return, 12pm is fine, during the week I'd add 30 minutes or more.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 2:41 PM, scottca075 said:

The only "in between" area I think I'd recommend is Torrance, near the Del Amo Mall. Other than that I'd say Downtown Long Beach for the biggest choices of restaurants, shopping, etc or San Pedro that has restaurants, but no shopping.

When to schedule a flight out of LAX depends on the day of the week. On a Sat - Sun return, 12pm is fine, during the week I'd add 30 minutes or more.

This has become our "go to" pre-cruise stay whenever the usual San Pedro and Long Beach hotels are sold out or over-priced. We can stay at one of the hotels right across the street from the Del Amo Mall sometimes for half the price of a Long Beach hotel depending on the time of year.  It's pretty much half way between LAX and the ports almost on a straight line, so instead of a long drive the day before and very short drive on embarkation day, we have a shorter drive to the hotel the day before a bit longer cab ride on embarkation day.  The proximity of the hotels, mall, restaurants etc in Torrance is so good for us, it's a no-brainer.

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 2:07 PM, scottca075 said:

shuttle to the pier or to the airport? or both?

Thanks--