Just off the Symphony and I am so disappointed!

jp2746

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You should try doing an 11 night Baltic cruise with 2 sea days and ports you have never been to.

Vikki and I definitely need a vacation from our vacation.  It was fantastic having the last day as a sea day.

I can only imagine!  I know lots of people like lots of port days, but I love me some sea days for "doing nothing" on vacation!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, brillohead said:

I can only imagine!  I know lots of people like lots of port days, but I love me some sea days for "doing nothing" on vacation!!!

An extra sea day in the midfkecwpuld gave been nice.

Original itinerary had 3 sea days but when they dropped the overnight in St Petersburg they replaced it with 3 ports and we lost a sea day. 

• Like 1

Just now, lovesthebeach2 said:

Ken is that the name of the drink? 

The tiramisu martini is a standard drink.  We added the shot of fireball and chocolate.

Absolute Vanilla vodka

Bailys 

Creme de Caco

Fireball Whisky. 

All alcohol, no fillers no additives.

It was a rough morning the next day.  Used my 5 drinks plus what was left of Vikki's before midnight then used my 5 drinks for the next day after midnight. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, jp2746 said:

I wish we could afford to fly to Barcelona.  We usually use Southwest miles to make our vacation money go a little farther.   Maybe I need to look into airline credit cards that fly more flights that are international.  

Check out TAP Airlines to fly to Barcelona. We have flown with them twice for Transatlantic Cruises. We've left out of Newark both times but they also leave from JFK. Very nice flight, even had an option to "bid" for an upgrade to first class which we did our last time and won! Had the lay down seats which was great for some rest on the flight over.

5 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

An extra sea day in the midfkecwpuld gave been nice.

Original itinerary had 3 sea days but when they dropped the overnight in St Petersburg they replaced it with 3 ports and we lost a sea day. 

So happy we will 2 sea days on Symphony next month. Retirement cruise on Explorer last November had no sea days and I was exhausted. With a large ship like Symphony and everything you can do onboard it's good to have sea days.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

So happy we will 2 sea days on Symphony next month. Retirement cruise on Explorer last November had no sea days and I was exhausted. With a large ship like Symphony and everything you can do onboard it's good to have sea days.

That's for sure.  Even on port days at many of the ports in the Caribbean we are not off the shop for the full day. We were setting alarms most dsys as we had early excursions. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

@Ourusualbeach Question, does Symphony serve breakfast at the Wipeout Bar in the morning like Allure?

There is no Wipeout bar on SY.  It's El Loco Fresh. They did serve a Mexican burrito for breakfast but it was nothing special and they were not doing that last March.  

Chris was referring to the Wipeout Cafe not the Wipeout Bar  for breakfast on Allure. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1