New round of Chase Offers

notscb

"Earn $40 back on your Carnival Cruises purchase, when you spend $100 or more."

It was super helpful when the last round of offers thread went around, and I just logged into chase today to see this one pop up (first time since April, FWIW). I hope others have it as well!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, notscb said:

"Earn $40 back on your Carnival Cruises purchase, when you spend $100 or more."

It was super helpful when the last round of offers thread went around, and I just logged into chase today to see this one pop up (first time since April, FWIW). I hope others have it as well!

My card actually has this offer (who knew about any of these?? Never heard of them!) but it doesn't say how to get it. Am used to having to sign up - a la the airlines. Do I just spend the money (which I will need to do for gratuities etc) and Chase deducts $40??

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zentraveler said:

it doesn't say how to get it

If you go to all of the offers and find the carnival one,  there will be a little plus sign (mine shows in blue) in one of the upper corners to add it to your card for the time it lasts.  It's easier if you don't click on it,  just look for that little blue plus sign. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, notscb said:

If you go to all of the offers and find the carnival one,  there will be a little plus sign (mine shows in blue) in one of the upper corners to add it to your card for the time it lasts.  It's easier if you don't click on it,  just look for that little blue plus sign. 

Ah, thank you. Mine now shows a green check where the blue plus used to be. What a tip. I have been using these cards for decades and never knew about this! Thank you!

• Like 1

I have a $150 back when spending $500 on an AMEX Card.  My cruise for December is already paid.  I know in the past it has worked on Internet and Drinks (which we already have also).  Assuming it will work on Cruise Cash with AMEX like LaRUE1975 did above with Chase?

I saw this offer earlier this week so I went in to my booking and cancelled the premium wifi plan I had paid with a gift card ($101), and later that day went in and rebooked it using my Chase card.  I should get the $40 credited on my next Chase statement.  🤞

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know if the CC discount, i.e. $40 rebate on $100 needs to be in a single $100 purchase. In other words, if I spend $100 on a cruise in a collection of small charges that total $100 or more, does the rebate still apply?

We didn't have this on our Chase card, but I noticed the setup of the Chase deals looked very similar in appearance to Wells Fargo's deals. On a whim I checked my Wells Fargo card, and sure enough I had this offer for $40 back with a $100 or more purchase.

I already used mine on the "1st round" and got the $40. Did anyone who used it already,get another one? I didnt, so far. I have 3 chase cards and only 1 card has gotten the offer thus far and I used it already. My friend has yet to get the offer, so not sure what criteria they use for this carnival offer. 

Edited by markkw07

• 1 month later...
On 8/18/2022 at 2:57 PM, markkw07 said:

I already used mine on the "1st round" and got the $40. Did anyone who used it already,get another one? I didnt, so far. I have 3 chase cards and only 1 card has gotten the offer thus far and I used it already. My friend has yet to get the offer, so not sure what criteria they use for this carnival offer. 

If the cruise is cancelled, will the cruise cash be refunded? What’s if we cancel it?

I am thinking booking a specialty restaurant to secure discount then cancel it and refund to a gift card / cruise cash later on, will that work?

On 8/15/2022 at 11:23 PM, zentraveler said:

My card actually has this offer (who knew about any of these?? Never heard of them!) but it doesn't say how to get it. Am used to having to sign up - a la the airlines. Do I just spend the money (which I will need to do for gratuities etc) and Chase deducts $40??

I used it in July to prepay gratuities.  The full charge shows up right away, than about a week later the $40.00 statement credit shows up.

EDIT:

I just noticed this question was asked almost 6 weeks ago.  Sorry

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

2 hours ago, NCTribeFan said:

I'd already planned to make final payment today on my January sailings because I'll be on the Pride in the Med when they're due.

I will also be on the Pride when my January sailings final payments are due.  I'll be on the Pride 10/11 to 11/12.  I'll be on the Celebration January 15th and January 22nd sailings.

Darn, I dont have this one, and I was going to purchase Cheers! on my Chase card for my cruise next month. Oh well. I did see I have one for cash back getting gas at Marathon, which is right on my way home, so I guess I can at least utilize that one! 

4 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

I will also be on the Pride when my January sailings final payments are due.  I'll be on the Pride 10/11 to 11/12.  I'll be on the Celebration January 15th and January 22nd sailings.

Some of our crowd at flying to Rome right now.  I don't leave until Saturday.

For January, we're on Spirit.  I'm on a B2B, I think some of the others are doing B2B2B.

I personally have no desire to sail the newer ships.  Too big for me.  I sailed MSC Seashore, which is huge.  But at least their ships have a large portion that devoted to their Yacht Club, so you don't have full run of a ship that big.  I like the Spirit-class size.  One of the reasons I'm migrating to HAL.  Love their ships.

• Like 1

I have three separate Chase cards. Thanks to this post I looked at the offers on all three and found it on one of them. Just made a $100 payment on a balance I owe for a February cruise on the Panorama which means I really only spent $60. I’m assuming it takes a few days for the credit to show. 

I have already used this offer from my Chase Sapphire Reserve a few months back and received $40 credit. After I saw this post, I've been checking my offers frequently but without any luck. I almost thought I had the offer again today when I saw this (see pic), but realized that it was the offer I had already used and now expired. I never had expired offers show up like this, so it almost got me!

Screenshot_20221006-204729_Chrome_deletelater.jpg