Menus for the dining room

rjack22

They will have them on your medallion if you’ve made a reservation in the MDR … probably otherwise, too but I’ve noticed the MDR won’t show the MDR menu if you have a reservation at a specialty restaurant.  And the MDR menu will be for breakfast, lunch (when they have it) and dinner.  
I have not had much luck pulling it up on the TV.  But, they will post it like before on the wall just outside the dining room as well.  

• Like 1

Recently on Sky and Enchanted Princess, we have been able to view the daily menus on the Stateroom TV by navigating to the Dining section, I think under Restaurant Menus and clicking on the Dining Room name. You can then click across a top menu for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner and then scroll down for the courses. Very useful as my other half eats quite plain food and is very picky!  Always available can get a bit samey so nice to be able to see if there is something different.

Edited by dides
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

They will have them on your medallion if you’ve made a reservation in the MDR … probably otherwise, too but I’ve noticed the MDR won’t show the MDR menu if you have a reservation at a specialty restaurant.  And the MDR menu will be for breakfast, lunch (when they have it) and dinner.  
I have not had much luck pulling it up on the TV.  But, they will post it like before on the wall just outside the dining room as well.  

I agree the MDR menus were not where I expected them to be on the tv. I eventually found them by clicking around. I forget where I found them. It’s been 68 days since I stepped off the Ruby. I’ve ate and slept since then and it’s all a distant memory.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sarnia 432 said:

Menus are posted outside the dining room prior to each meal, eg once breakfast is closed the menu for the evening meal is posted.

As a tip (at least in the past), check a dining room that is not serving breakfast/lunch, as the dinner menu goes up first thing in the morning.

1 hour ago, Sarnia 432 said:

Menus are posted outside the dining room prior to each meal, eg once breakfast is closed the menu for the evening meal is posted.

Correction: if it's a sea day...once bkfst is closed, they will post the lunch menu.

You can also ask your waiter or the head waiter to see the menus in advance.

If you're in a suite, you can request the menus from your steward.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

The menu on the TV may not be what's actually being served that night. On my Regal B2B last month I had my order figured out in advance one night the first week (Barcelona to Rome), only to get to the table and see they were serving something completely different.  But the menu on the TV that day was served one night the next week (Rome to Athens).

• Thanks 1

It's on the tv and your app. The tv is a bit tricky to navigate, and it's a bit tricky to find on the app-- you go through making a reservation, click on the dining room, and there should be a menu button. They're also posted outside of dining rooms for lunch and dinner, so it's easy to check. One guy called CS and said he's sight-impaired so they sent him a pdf file of the week's menu. Sometimes menu items are also duplicated in the buffet, so sometimes I check out items or sample a little glass of cold soups or other items. On Majestic, some of the MDR desserts were in the buffet in smaller portions, but that didn't happen on Discovery for some reason, with more just cutting up cakes and pies, perhaps because of high passenger loads.

• Like 1