Fully Vaccinated

This is from HAL’ s website, but things are changing. It may change by the time you cruise. 

Proof of Negative Viral Covid-19 Test
Guests who are up to date with their vaccines may take their test within three days prior to sailing. Up to date means a person has received all recommended COVID-19 vaccinations, including any booster dose(s), when eligible. If a guest is fully vaccinated but not up to date with their vaccines (i.e., is eligible for a booster but has not received one), they must take their pre-cruise COVID-19 test within two days prior to sailing.

• Thanks 1

yep, you only need the two shots...not boosters....

From the HAL website FAQ

(Updated) Am I still considered fully vaccinated if I did not get a booster shot?

Yes – guests are still considered fully vaccinated with completion of a primary vaccination series at least 14 days before embarkation.

Just now, bluesplayer said:

Seems ArriveCan says you only need to be fully vaccinated;  if fully vaccinated no need for testing pre-cruise.  Yet the HA site says you need to have a negative Covid test prior to embarkation?  What is correct?

There are a separate set of Canadian rules for cruising. 

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/publications/diseases-conditions/entering-leaving-canada-cruise-ship-covid-19.html

7 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

Thank you!!!  You are correct.  Negative testing is still required for cruise ship passengers.  I was confused when ArriveCAN said marine passengers.  Not applicable to cruise ship passengers.  Thanks for clearing this up!  Guess the sea lions are considered "marine passengers" !!  lol

It’s up to each country so it’s not a blanket “I’ve had two shots so now I’m good” statement.  I’ve been researching this and a number of countries don’t consider you fully vaccinated if a certain amount of time has passed since your last shot.  They want you boostered too.

28327C07-271B-471B-ABF7-995127A9FDF1.thumb.jpeg.c31a1325c66a17bd2f84304995c22bc9.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, bluesplayer said:

Seems ArriveCan says you only need to be fully vaccinated;  if fully vaccinated no need for testing pre-cruise.  Yet the HA site says you need to have a negative Covid test prior to embarkation?  What is correct?

That is  not for cruises though.  For cruises, you still need to get a negative covid test.

17 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

...... I’ve been researching this and a number of countries don’t consider you fully vaccinated if a certain amount of time has passed since your last shot.  They want you boostered too.

Since you have been researching (and I can't keep up with the rapid fire changes), which countries don't consider you fully vaccinated?  I was unaware that there are any countries remaining which require a booster (except perhaps Spain and the Netherlands?). 

Edited by BermudaBound2014
  • Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 1:33 PM, *Miss G* said:

It’s up to each country so it’s not a blanket “I’ve had two shots so now I’m good” statement.  I’ve been researching this and a number of countries don’t consider you fully vaccinated if a certain amount of time has passed since your last shot.  They want you boostered too.

28327C07-271B-471B-ABF7-995127A9FDF1.thumb.jpeg.c31a1325c66a17bd2f84304995c22bc9.jpeg

Huh? 🤔

Just now, BermudaBound2014 said:

By "some" do you mean two (Spain and the Netherlands)??

In your research, have you come across others I can add to my list? 

It has been a while since i researched and that is why I did not name countries.  I sailed in the spring and haven’t t reviewed the criteria since then.  It is subject to change so best to check a few weeks out and don’t book based on the continuation of the current criteria. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

By "some" do you mean two (Spain and the Netherlands)??

In your research, have you come across others I can add to my list? 

I have only researched the countries I am visiting in the next two months so here is what I have, alphabetically:

Canada - fully vaccinated proof required (booster not required)

Germany - proof of vaccination not required

Greece - proof of vaccination not required

Italy - proof of vaccination not required

Montenegro - proof of vaccination not required

Netherlands - booster required if primary vaccines are beyond 270 days

Spain - booster required if primary vaccines are beyond 270 days

Turkey - proof of vaccination not required

United Kingdom - proof of vaccination not required

I would like to qualify the above by saying that:

- All cruise lines demand pre-embarkation covid testing for Greece but I cannot find evidence of that on the government or other websites.

- Canada does require pre-embarkation covid testing.

I found the information pretty quickly through Sherpa’s Travel Tool.  Unfortunately, there is not an option to choose “Cruising” as mode of entry so the information is limited in that respect.  Returned results were specific to my vaccination status, travel dates, and passport country of issue.

Edited by *Miss G*
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

I have only researched the countries I am visiting in the next two months so here is what I have, alphabetically:

Canada - fully vaccinated proof required (booster not required)

Germany - proof of vaccination not required

Greece - proof of vaccination not required

Italy - proof of vaccination not required

Montenegro - proof of vaccination not required

Netherlands - booster required if primary vaccines are beyond 270 days

Spain - booster required if primary vaccines are beyond 270 days

Turkey - proof of vaccination not required

United Kingdom - proof of vaccination not required

I would like to qualify the above by saying that:

- All cruise lines demand pre-embarkation covid testing for Greece but I cannot find evidence of that on the government or other websites.

- Canada does require pre-embarkation covid testing.

I found the information pretty quickly through Sherpa’s Travel Tool.  Unfortunately, there is not an option to choose “Cruising” as mode of entry so the information is limited in that respect.  Returned results were specific to my vaccination status, travel dates, and passport country of issue.

Thank you for sharing your research.

This is just as I thought. Netherlands and Spain are the only places in the EU still requiring vaccination/booster. There have been reports of conflicting of requirements for Greece for quite some time and I think we all know Canada's requirements by now. Things are changing so rapidly it's hard for cruise lines to keep up. 

The world really is opening up! 

• Like 1

Just now, Chickadee910 said:

Seems more confusing than when this mess started. Going on a btb fully vaccinated. Mexican riviera to Hawaii. In January. We are hoping by then to just board the ship and forget about everything til we get back on land.

They have not extended the Covid protection policy past December 31 so I think it is fair to assume that most restrictions will end then. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Mary229 said:

They have not extended the Covid protection policy past December 31 so I think it is fair to assume that most restrictions will end then. 

The only caveat to that is that viruses seem to affect more people in the winter. We have to hope there is no new and more serious outbreak this winter. I am sure they hope they do not have to extend protocols.

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

The only caveat to that is that viruses seem to affect more people in the winter. We have to hope there is no new and more serious outbreak this winter. I am sure they hope they do not have to extend protocols.

They will need to make up their minds soon as final payment date for January 1 is not so far away.