Trying to clarify when we can book specialty dining

MudderBear

On 8/25/2022 at 12:28 PM, The Mikado said:

It’s amazing that our app says the same thing yet all the desirable times for specialty dining are taken. 

We cruise October 1st. 

Have you tried scrolling through the times? It starts at a default time, but you scroll with your finger 🙂 

6 hours ago, jwattle said:

Have you tried scrolling through the times? It starts at a default time, but you scroll with your finger 🙂 

Yes, it says that selections for specialty dining will be available closer to departure. We sail Oct1st. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

How did you book that?  For example, if you have friends as Travel Companions and add them to Dining Party and book four into SD, the payment page is going to use your credits and not theirs.

I used the app.  I had already added the other couple as traveling companions.  Touch them to "check mark" them to add them to the reservation.  I had 4 dining credits to use.  When it came time to pay, it used the 4 dining credits as payment.

2 minutes ago, bafinegan said:

I used the app.  I had already added the other couple as traveling companions.  Touch them to "check mark" them to add them to the reservation.  I had 4 dining credits to use.  When it came time to pay, it used the 4 dining credits as payment.

Right.  It wasn't clear you had more than two earlier.  We have multiple as well on an upcoming voyage.  Your friends can book another SD evening and use their credits and it all comes out in the wash.  But, DMW doesn't work well for two couples who only have four credits among them.

Edited by Steelers36

3 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Right.  It wasn't clear you had more than two earlier.  We have multiple as well on an upcoming voyage.  Your friends can book another SD evening and use their credits and it all comes out in the wash.  But, DMW doesn't work well for two couples who only have four credits among them.

We actually  have 6 dining credits and they have 2.  But we 4 had already booked the Crown Grill.  Hubbs and I just decided to "gift" them the second dinner in Sabitinis.  These are good friends and our cruise buddies.  We always have a blast with them.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, The Mikado said:

Yes, it says that selections for specialty dining will be available closer to departure. We sail Oct1st. 

You should be able to book it.  Try on both the App and on the website version of Ocean Now. 

Also, try different accounts yours or your partners accounts. See if that works.

Make sure your account on the App is in the green lane. Sometimes there is a CC error or address, phone etc error that would keep you from paying for that SD.

LMK

I’ve tried it several times, the most recent being last night with the “new“ instructions. No dice.

I’m still showing yellow lane departure, which I assume means I’m unvaccinated. I haven’t tried my wife’s account yet but she’s unvaccinated else as well so I’m assuming she’s going to have the same results.

It doesn’t matter now; regular dining has relegated us to being served no earlier than 8:20, so specialty dining will have us seated very late, too. 

Thank you for your attempt to help. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The Mikado said:

I’ve tried it several times, the most recent being last night with the “new“ instructions. No dice.

I’m still showing yellow lane departure, which I assume means I’m unvaccinated. I haven’t tried my wife’s account yet but she’s unvaccinated else as well so I’m assuming she’s going to have the same results.

It doesn’t matter now; regular dining has relegated us to being served no earlier than 8:20, so specialty dining will have us seated very late, too. 

Only other suggestion is to do the Chat with PCL or try calling.  It either is full or you have a problem with the App.

If nothing helps, I’d just go at the time you want and ask if they can book you at that time each night?  If that’s what you want. 

Edited by PacnGoNow

1 hour ago, The Mikado said:

Maybe uninstall and reinstall the app... 🙂

4 hours ago, The Mikado said:

Not necessarily, try her account also on the App.  Did you try on the website version of Ocean Ready? Go to cruise personalizer, checkin, look just below where it shows the MedallionClass App button, just below tiny print…Try our website version. See if you can do DMW in there.  Do not link any bookings.

Just sign in you can also sign in with name dob and booking number.

Sometimes one account will work on here and other one won’t.

When you saw 820 available, did you scroll back to 520 or earlier to see availability? Scroll and click on time you want…what does it say?

Edited by PacnGoNow

5 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Not necessarily, try her account also on the App.  Did you try on the website version of Ocean Ready? Go to cruise personalizer, checkin, look just below where it shows the MedallionClass App button, just below tiny print…Try our website version. See if you can do DMW in there.  Do not link any bookings.

Just sign in you can also sign in with name dob and booking number.

Sometimes one account will work on here and other one won’t.

When you saw 820 available, did you scroll back to 520 or earlier to see availability? Scroll and click on time you want…what does it say?

As far as specialty dining is concerned, the app will not let me do anything.

As far as the MDR, that has been hit or miss. I think I’ve got it now to where I want it to be. No guarantees.

I tried using my wife’s version of the app without success. Her app has the same problem as mine does. It’s also no help to go to the Web app. I get the same messages.

I think the only way to solve this is to try to talk to princess before sailing.

1 hour ago, The Mikado said:

As far as specialty dining is concerned, the app will not let me do anything.

As far as the MDR, that has been hit or miss. I think I’ve got it now to where I want it to be. No guarantees.

I tried using my wife’s version of the app without success. Her app has the same problem as mine does. It’s also no help to go to the Web app. I get the same messages.

I think the only way to solve this is to try to talk to princess before sailing.

Yes, sounds like it.  Probably best to call first thing Monday 6am PT and speak to the Medallion App team.  They have a call back option now.  Or, you could try the Chat also.