Honolulu Hotel

adreyer

I'm looking for a hotel in Honolulu that possibly has these features:

Shuttle from airport

Shuttle to cruise port (NCL)

Close to Pearl Harbor - I guess I would Uber there.

Are there any out there?  I'm trying to decide if I want to let NCL book my airfare and pay for transfers or if I want to do it myself.  Cruise is 3 years out.  I know I can't book anything right now other than the actual cruise, but I can't get it out of my head and I need to do as much research as possible now.  TIA.

7 minutes ago, adreyer said:

I'm looking for a hotel in Honolulu that possibly has these features:

Shuttle from airport

Shuttle to cruise port (NCL)

Close to Pearl Harbor - I guess I would Uber there. Are there any out there? 

No, there are no hotels like that. 

The only hotels with airport shuttles are the two at the airport and you do not want to stay there.

Just pick a hotel in Waikiki and stay there. There are flat rates cabs from the airport and use a cab or Uber to the ship. Tell the group your nightly budget in U.S. dollars and they will suggest hotels.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, adreyer said:

Are there any out there?  I'm trying to decide if I want to let NCL book my airfare and pay for transfers or if I want to do it myself.  Cruise is 3 years out.  I know I can't book anything right now other than the actual cruise, but I can't get it out of my head and I need to do as much research as possible now. 

You are overthinking things. NCL's transfers will be much more expensive, and time consuming, than an Uber/Lyft unless you are 1 person. Uber/Lyft are plentiful all over Honolulu and relatively inexpensive. 

Once you get in range of being able to book airfare take a look at what options you have-- I will wager that booking it on your own will still be less expensive than NCL. 

As mentioned, there are a ton of great hotel options that are on or near Waikiki for all budgets and this will put you very close to the port itself (and not far from Pearl Harbor for a visit). You are still too far out to book hotels so it's sort of a moot point at the moment. 

Honolulu is like visiting any other large major US city-- no need to worry about transportation. 

• Like 2

We always stay at the Outrigger Waikiki....take a taxi/Uber/Lyft.

Book my own air never use cruiseline air. I got a great price on my business class for my one way May 9, 2023. On AA and will use ACA for my return back to LAX. I'm sailing from HNL-Vancouver.

• Like 2

On 8/18/2022 at 12:46 PM, Ashland said:

We always stay at the Outrigger Waikiki....take a taxi/Uber/Lyft.

Four of us will be on Celebrity Solstice in September, 2023. The Outrigger on Waikiki beach looks incredible! Can you give me some more details if you have a moment please? TIA

I wouldn't call the Outrigger Waikiki Beach "incredible", I'd call it "nice". I actually prefer the quieter location of the Outrigger Reef. The Reef is also recently renovated.

The nicest three hotels on the beach are Halekulani, Royal Hawaiian and Moana Surfrider. Not on the beach, but nice are the Hyatt Regency (across the street, but unobstructed) and the Marriott Waikiki.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

We liked the Marriott Waikiki across from the beach, diamond head not to far and the zoo wasn't far either. Was bummed at first on the side opposite diamond head, but they had fireworks that night ( think its weekly) and we had ringside seats. Also had little stores everywhere.

We did the NCL hotel and transfer so no issue getting there. 

Will gladly stay here again when we go for our land based vacation in a few years, if luck holds out.

• Like 2

On 8/19/2022 at 1:08 PM, SilkySal said:

Four of us will be on Celebrity Solstice in September, 2023. The Outrigger on Waikiki beach looks incredible! Can you give me some more details if you have a moment please? TIA

The Outrigger Hotel on Waikiki Beach is very nice, but the tower is very close to the Surfrider Tower of the Moana Hotel. If we stayed at the OWB it would be in an oceanfront room.

• Thanks 1

Sorry for “bothering” 

If you have the chance of Hilton Hawaiian Village or Marriott Waikiki, what will you choose? 
Base price is the same, but on Hilton we must pay the resort fee, 50$+tax, so close to 75$ per day extra. 

We will be staying 2+1 night. 

We have a booking on Hilton now, but I’m not sure if it is the correct choice for us. 
We are booked in Ali 2.n+1.n unknown. 

5 minutes ago, Norwaylady said:

Sorry for “bothering”  If you have the chance of Hilton Hawaiian Village or Marriott Waikiki, what will you choose? Base price is the same, but on Hilton we must pay the resort fee, 50$+tax, so close to 75$ per day extra.

Hilton Hawaiian Village has 8 different towers. It is the largest hotel in the U.S. outside of Las Vegas, So it matters very much which tower you are in. The Rainbow Tower and Ali'i Tower are great, and oceanfront. If you are not in one of those two, I'd choose the Marriott.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

Hilton Hawaiian Village has 8 different towers. It is the largest hotel in the U.S. outside of Las Vegas, So it matters very much which tower you are in. The Rainbow Tower and Ali'i Tower are great, and oceanfront. If you are not in one of those two, I'd choose the Marriott.

🙏🏻 thank you

we are in Ali, mountain view  for 2 nights and the next booking says 1.night room… So that’s mean’s all locations. 

I will see if we can get Ali oceanfront or Rainbow  oceanfront specifically. 

We have been in Disney+universal on larger resorts, worked well but we have also tried larger resorts outside of US. Really not satisfied and not a happy camper…..

So I just want it to be good🙃

6 hours ago, Norwaylady said:

I will see if we can get Ali oceanfront or Rainbow  oceanfront specifically. 

For what it's worth, once you start getting into the Ali'i Oceanfront you are getting into the same pricing territory as the Royal Hawaiian (which is part of Marriott's Luxury Collection). It's still a large resort but its practically boutique compared to the Hilton Hawaiian Village and sits on a nice stretch of the beach. If you are paying the premium you might have a better overall experience there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2022 at 1:12 AM, Norwaylady said:

we are in Ali, mountain view  for 2 nights and the next booking says 1.night room… So that’s mean’s all locations. 

In the Hilton Hawaiian Village I might take the Ali'i (a-lee-e, it means "nobility" in Hawaiian) over the Rainbow tower. The Ali'i is a boutique hotel within the HHV. It has its own check-in, its own private pool, private workout room. We like it (as much as one can like the HHV complex).

I agree with Princeton, do check prices at the Royal Hawaiian if you do pricing for the Rainbow Oceanfront or even Ali'i Oceanfront.