looking at silversea

Lonedaddy

17 minutes ago, Lonedaddy said:

So I figured out the "mysilvesea" and booked my shore excursions.  That is a nice interface, way better than regent, I like the graphics, and I got all that I wanted.   I hope dining goes as smoothly.  What time do the dining venues open 6, 6:30 ? and when are the shows in the theater, 930?  

any links to the a spa thread?

The dining venues open at 7.

1 hour ago, Lonedaddy said:

So I figured out the "mysilvesea" and booked my shore excursions.  That is a nice interface, way better than regent, I like the graphics, and I got all that I wanted.   I hope dining goes as smoothly.  What time do the dining venues open 6, 6:30 ? and when are the shows in the theater, 930?  

There are spa choices in mysilversea just like the excursions; I think you can't actually book until 180 you're days out.  Dining is there as well, but you won't be able to book until 120 day mark.

3 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

Dinners start at 7PM except for Silver Note which is 8PM, at least that is my memory from a recent Moon cruise.

54 minutes ago, A Tucson Guy said:

Dinners start at 7PM except for Silver Note which is 8PM, at least that is my memory from a recent Moon cruise.

Wow I might be toasted by then if I don't eat.

14 hours ago, Lonedaddy said:

Wow I might be toasted by then if I don't eat.

11 hours ago, Stumblefoot said:

Then by all means contact in suite dining so you can have a snack and an appetizer at whatever time you need before dinner in order to avoid becoming toasted.

If you don't want room service, I think the Arts Cafe will have snacks available pretty much all day. So that's another way to get some food in your belly while waiting for dinner.

Or you can do what we did one day. We went to lunch at Seishin and then went to the grill for "dessert" burgers around 2 or 2:30. That held us until dinner.

And in most of the bars they bring canapes in the late afternoon / early evening if you're there drinking before dinner.

Bottom line - it is very difficult to go hungry on a Silversea ship. Enjoy!

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/19/2022 at 6:40 AM, Observer said:

In a recent development, excursions are open on my.silversea immediately upon booking.

The true benefits of Cruise Critic is sharing new information such as this.  I would never have looked at my 2023 cruises this early without your post.  Last night I logged into my Silver Muse Vancouver-Japan-Japan B2B cruises booked next year Sept 6 - Oct 9 and reserved all my included excursions.  One of them already only had 1 space left!  Now to reserve shore excursions for Silver Dawn Nov 14 to Dec 11.

I wonder how many passengers, not being on CC, will miss out on their preferred option?  No me, that's for sure!  Thank you, @Observer.  Carol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Port Power said:

I wonder how many passengers, not being on CC, will miss out on their preferred option?  No me, that's for sure!  Thank you, @Observer.  Carol

You are most welcome. The rule of life is reciprocity. I have gained much useful knowledge from CC, and I am pleased to give back when I can.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/4/2022 at 8:47 AM, Observer said:

You are most welcome. The rule of life is reciprocity. I have gained much useful knowledge from CC, and I am pleased to give back when I can.  

If it weren’t for some of the inputs here I may have balked on my SS cruise.  Hearing from folks that have done both RSSC and SS helped my decision.  To that extent SS should really allow Venetian society referral in situations such as this.  Perhaps refer to specific posts the were made to be considered a referral.  There is definitely a value in that.