Splendor Cat H

vaitape

We're thinking about switching a cruise on Oceania to a cruise on Regent Splendor with a similar itinerary. 

We usually book a Cat A3 on Oceania so we are used to smaller cabins and closets. These cabins do have ample drawer and cupboard space for our needs.

We understand that the closet on Splendor Cat H is not a walk-in.

Our question is: what more storage is there besides the 4 desk drawers? Is there a bank of drawers in the closet or ???

4 hours ago, vaitape said:

We're thinking about switching a cruise on Oceania to a cruise on Regent Splendor with a similar itinerary. 

We usually book a Cat A3 on Oceania so we are used to smaller cabins and closets. These cabins do have ample drawer and cupboard space for our needs.

We understand that the closet on Splendor Cat H is not a walk-in.

Our question is: what more storage is there besides the 4 desk drawers? Is there a bank of drawers in the closet or ???

Brooke --  Only 2 drawers -- below the safe

Screenshot 2022-08-19 211123.png

Edited by PaulMCO

Thank you for responding Paul and including a photo as well!

Well darn, 6 drawers is less than what we're accustomed to on O in an A3. Maybe if we relocate the stuff on top of the safe and use that to stack some stuff like shorts, t-shirts it might work. 

• 4 weeks later...

When you say 'we' I'm guessing it's two of you - IMO, the Cat H is too small for two people.  A G cabin isn't much more expensive and gives you more room and more storage.  Conversely, although an F2 might be even more expensive it really seems to hit the 'sweet spot' on the cost/comfort chart.

I'd definitely recommend at least a G cabin for not much more $$, and if you can stretch for an F2, I don't think you'd regret it.  The layout is much better in the F cabins, and the ocean-facing bed is sweet.  It's at least worth looking at the numbers, I think... 

• Like 2

Glad to hear this about the G. We dearly love an aft facing cabin so we have booked a G for a B2B this Dec. Over the years we have found anything over 200sq ft comfortable for us and the Mariner and Navigator Es are wonderful so we are going to try the G smaller I know but with our favorite aft view. There are always trade offs.

2 hours ago, Linda VH said:

The bed facing the balcony is a big plus for me.  On a Caribbean cruise we had a very rocky time in a Penthouse in Explorer (bed facing sideways to balcony) and the side to side rocking was very uncomfortable to both of us.

That's helpful to me.  We're doing this on Splendor in January, and I was wondering about this, since all of my cruises have been done sleeping aft to stern, so to speak.  

• Like 1

Of course a person who is very susceptible to see sickness is not totally out of the woods with a bed facing the balcony. If the ship is rolling, the bed will appear to be pitching. Conversely, if the ship is pitching, the bed will appear to be rolling. Different people react differently to pitching and rolling so the effect is highly individualized.

Dave

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

That's helpful to me.  We're doing this on Splendor in January, and I was wondering about this, since all of my cruises have been done sleeping aft to stern, so to speak.  

Wendy,

I thought that was the problem I was having the first night on Splendor in April. Turned out my seasickness was do to the constant vibration in that particular suite. They were able to move us to an identical suite on a different floor and then no more seasickness.

So it ends up that I'm ok in either configuration. Hope you are too!

Martha

• Thanks 1

On 9/16/2022 at 7:22 AM, UUNetBill said:

When you say 'we' I'm guessing it's two of you - IMO, the Cat H is too small for two people.  A G cabin isn't much more expensive and gives you more room and more storage.  Conversely, although an F2 might be even more expensive it really seems to hit the 'sweet spot' on the cost/comfort chart.

I'd definitely recommend at least a G cabin for not much more $$, and if you can stretch for an F2, I don't think you'd regret it.  The layout is much better in the F cabins, and the ocean-facing bed is sweet.  It's at least worth looking at the numbers, I think... 

F2 is my favorite too! Simply love this cabin! Leaving in a few weeks for our next cruise on the Splendor in a F2 and two more booked after that. 

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 10:29 AM, 2012_Alaska_bound said:

Wendy,

I thought that was the problem I was having the first night on Splendor in April. Turned out my seasickness was do to the constant vibration in that particular suite. They were able to move us to an identical suite on a different floor and then no more seasickness.

So it ends up that I'm ok in either configuration. Hope you are too!

Martha

Do you remember the suite number or what deck and location that it was on? We’ll be on the Splendor in a couple of months and I’m a light sleeper.

On 9/19/2022 at 10:34 AM, LewiLewi said:

Do you remember the suite number or what deck and location that it was on? We’ll be on the Splendor in a couple of months and I’m a light sleeper.

It was deck 9. Only one area on deck 9 seems to have this vibration problem. Check Suite Guru sticky at the top of this board to see my review.