New MSC Testing Requirements (Aug 29) Do Not Include Proctored Tests?

Hlitner

Royal Caribbean just dropped testing altogether for U.S. sailings (except to Canada and Bermuda) for the vast majority of their cruises (9 nts or less). And where testing is required, a self-test without "lab" involvement at all is sufficient.

The idea that MSC is at the same time making their test requirements far more stringent is now further ludicrous.

3 hours ago, publicpersona said:

The idea that MSC is at the same time making their test requirements far more stringent is now further ludicrous.

Would you mind elaborating on this?  I have a rapid test scheduled at CVS on Friday for a Saturday embarkation.  Are they more stringent than this?

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Would you mind elaborating on this?  I have a rapid test scheduled at CVS on Friday for a Saturday embarkation.  Are they more stringent than this?

The context of this thread are changes going into affect next Monday for MSC. Nothing discussed here changes what you need for your Saturday Seashore departure. Your CVS rapid antigen test or any proctored home antigen test is fine. See you Saturday!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/21/2022 at 8:12 PM, phissy said:

I cannot find this actual info on MSC USA site. Just spent a few minutes to confirm this info.  I cannot see requirement for Bahamas on MSC Site. I cannot confirm the vaccination requirements either. Strange.

Just found this on Cruise Critic . They have posted current policies by cruise line.

For MSC

Who Needs to Be Vaccinated: All passengers aged 12 and above must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. The vaccination requirement is also applicable to guests who have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 90 days. There is no requirement for a vaccine booster shot. 

Bahamas Sailings: The Bahamas is now requiring proof of vaccinationfor all travellers under the age of 12. Any cruiser embarking from Atlantic or Gulf ports (including Florida) with a port of call in the Bahamas mustpresent full proof of vaccination in order to board. 

Are Any Unvaccinated Passengers Able to Sail? Yes, though passengers who are unvaccinated, or who are unwilling to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination -- will face additional health and safety restrictions, including additional testing (at cost to the cruiser), and the requirement to purchase MSC Cruises Travel Insurance & COVID-19 Protection Services. Fees will be waived for unvaccinated children under 5 who are currently ineligible to be vaccinated.

Mandatory COVID-19 Insurance?: Yes, for non-vaccinated passengers sailing on departures out of Florida only. 

Is A Pre-Arrival COVID-19 Test Required? For short cruises under 5 nights, vaccinated passengers do not have to take a test., but all unvaccinated guests ages 2 or older must take one within 3 days of the sailing. All passengers, including those who are vaccinated, must show proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within three days of embarkation if the cruise is 6 nights or longer. Pre-embarkation or embarkation testing is not required for guests under two years of age.

Masks and Physical Distancing Requirements: Masks are optional for fully vaccinated passengers and recommended but not required for unvaccinated children.

Crew Vaccinated?: Yes

Where can you find this on cruise critic? I'm leaving from naples on October 15. I wasn't aware I had to not only find a test site in naples, but also get a printout?? Ugh

From Cruise Critic email received yesterday 

Cruise Critic

The Weekender.

Dated August 21

Vaccines, Masks and Testing: What Cruise Lines Require in 2022
As the cruise industry health and safety protocols continue to evolve, make sure you're up to date on what your line requires. Not all cruise lines have the same policies.

Has link to open  [See Our List]
There is a list of cruise lines and lists current policies.

Not sure how outdated MSC info is.

I copied list for MSC .