Has My Time Dining Issues Improved?

We liked My Time Dining on Allure prior to Covid. It was easy and no issues.

We are sailing on Voyager in October and originally had MTD. Then changed it to 8pm dining.

Early dining is very early for us and late is late for us.

But I figured with long port days 8pm works.

I am wondering if some of the MTD issues have been worked out yet?

1 hour ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

We are sailing on Voyager in October and originally had MTD. Then changed it to 8pm dining.

Considering that Royal Caribbean has an active fleet of 26 ships, there's no definitive answer to your question.

3 hours ago, motheroftwocats814 said:

I would also, maybe, advise the issues you expect to get fixed? what wasnt working?

if wait time is an issue, or length of time to get food, we were about to tweek timing of dinner to greatly improve results on our 2 mtd on allure and symphony, both however were precovid.  The goal is to try and avoid the busiest time to arrive.  after our first night, we came 15 earlier the second night and repeated for smooth results.  We would have scheduled specialty at the time we wanted and if we had any other issues, probably the wj.  

I have given up on MTD since it starts are 6:45.  I just do specialty and Windjammer.   

Besides more and more the main dining rooms are chilly and noisy and the food is meh at best with portion sizes and temperature.   I no longer enjoy what seems like banquet food.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I have given up on MTD since it starts are 6:45.  I just do specialty and Windjammer.   

Besides more and more the main dining rooms are chilly and noisy and the food is meh at best with portion sizes and temperature.   I no longer enjoy what seems like banquet food.

Totally opposite experiences for us in the MDR no matter the time of day.  Exactly why we don't base our cruise decisions based on others positive or negative opinions or experiences. 

• Like 2

Just now, davekathy said:

Totally opposite experiences for us in the MDR no matter the time of day.  Exactly why we don't base our cruise decisions based on others positive or negative opinions or experiences. 

that's fine I suppose, just I know that on the last 4 RCI cruises each day the Windjammer got busier and busier at night.  A lot of folks did not the noise level or the cold air conditioning.

23 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

that's fine I suppose, just I know that on the last 4 RCI cruises each day the Windjammer got busier and busier at night.  A lot of folks did not the noise level or the cold air conditioning.

Great. MDR was very busy for TD early seating on our B2B cruise (both legs) on the Explorer in March. Like most things dealing with the dining venues, all subjective. We aren't buffet fans and find the quality of the food, food temp, and portions in the MDR to our liking. Same with the temperature in the MDR.  If not we'd politely let the waitstaff know. On occasion we have had to ask one of the waiters to close the curtains/blinds on a window as the sunrise/sunset was blinding us at our table. 

Edited by davekathy

The issue seems to be caused by staring mtd so late so a long line is formed already at 645 and never really gets better until close to closing time.

That has been my experience on every royal cruise since covid (about 20). However my two cruises in July (Mariner and harmony) I am not sure why, but the issues were resolved. I could show up just after opening and get right in.

The one exception Was lobster  night. Even that the line was not excessive. The starting time was still after early dining was complete so the issue could still arise, but I was pleased to see it was not chaos trying to get into the dining room and hope that trend continues.

We had MTD for over 25 cruises since Aug 21 but  our experience completly changed in  march and april. We did 3 back to back on the Mariner in late March and did three more BTBnin late April. WE always get reservations for 730 months ahead as we know ships entertainment etc and change while aboard if needed. The problem first started as  the compass gave early seating a 30 minute window on the start and many came in 30 minutes to 45 minutes late and when the 1st my time arrive a large number of 1st seating were still at the tables. Lines. backed up  over ramp between elevators all the to the art displays and they coverted the left reservation line to  both being first come first served.THis occurred next two nights  and saw  maitre d and got changed to second seating deck five  where we have stayed. Noticed in April had same problem several nights but cleared up around 800pm. They took some larger groups in line at my time and moved them to some available tables  in late seating on several nights.

Never had the problem until the overlaped 1st seating  which is usually completly full and my time and not enforcing arrival times to 15 minutes.Also when many got aboard and saw show times hundreds just showed up and got in both lines 15 minutes before my time opened.