Beach Limerz Clarrification

Cruiseoholic000

• 2 weeks later...

I just confirmed our visit with them.  I received a PDF note. It appears there are two options if I'm understanding it correctly.  I wish I could copy and paste it here.   The PayGo option is $45 per person and includes chairs and an umbrella and spending $45 in food and beverage.

We are doing the day pass.  It is $70 pay in advance or $75 day of.  We are paying when we arrive.  The $75 includes use of water toys (kayaks, SUP, floats, etc.), 3 drinks, 2 waters, chairs and umbrellas, lunch with sides and dessert.

If you have more questions, contact them through their website.  They have been great with communication.

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2022 at 1:06 PM, ValerieJo said:

I just confirmed our visit with them.  I received a PDF note. It appears there are two options if I'm understanding it correctly.  I wish I could copy and paste it here.   The PayGo option is $45 per person and includes chairs and an umbrella and spending $45 in food and beverage.

We are doing the day pass.  It is $70 pay in advance or $75 day of.  We are paying when we arrive.  The $75 includes use of water toys (kayaks, SUP, floats, etc.), 3 drinks, 2 waters, chairs and umbrellas, lunch with sides and dessert.

If you have more questions, contact them through their website.  They have been great with communication.

Have you done the day pass yet? Is transport extra and if so how much and how difficult?

See my response in the other thread. Not sure what you mean by difficult . 

Are you able to walk a few blocks off the main drag?  There are no cars allowed on the main street by the pier. The street may be uneven in spots, but that is the case everywhere in a Caribbean town.

Are you able to get in and out of a mini van?

You'll know in advance where the driver is waiting, and what she looks like. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, EatonDoolittle said:

See my response in the other thread. Not sure what you mean by difficult . 

Are you able to walk a few blocks off the main drag?  There are no cars allowed on the main street by the pier. The street may be uneven in spots, but that is the case everywhere in a Caribbean town.

Are you able to get in and out of a mini van?

You'll know in advance where the driver is waiting, and what she looks like. 

“Difficult”, as in difficult to “find” a taxi there and, more importantly, back.

Although we have never been to Limerz, I do recall considering a few years back when it first opened. It appears, like everything else, prices have increased considerably since then and the facility has grown. However it would appear that transport arrangements are now more organized also.

10 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Have you done the day pass yet? Is transport extra and if so how much and how difficult?

We have not done the day pass yet.  We will be going in January.   You contact the owner ahead of time.  They have contracted with a certain cab person to take you back and forth.  According to my information, the cab fare is $7 per person each way.

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2022 at 7:06 PM, ValerieJo said:

Yes these are the increased figures we have been sent. I am concerned though there is a change in response to the faq from last time we went. Then it did to see in answer to a question that the limited the number of the passed issued. No the response says they do not citing that the beach is extensive. 

Due to food allergies we cannot really enjoy the higher-priced pass and we first not use water toys.  I am now wondering if there are better options elsewhere for us because to be honest we just need two chairs one umbrella and probably one or two soft drinks each

The Beach Limerz fact sheet 2022-23, I have highlighted the key info

BeachLimerZ®

“Whe r e Fo od & Dri n k Mak e Wav e s ”

(268) 7364711 (268) 7211769 (268) 562-8574 / 2022/2023

DAY PASS INFORMATION

Day Passes are USD75 PP (incl. Gov’t tax) and include:

(a) Use of Water Sports equipment (kayaks, body boards, SUPs,

snorkeling equipment) and Water Toys

(b) Use of Chaise Lounges and Beach umbrellas

(c) DRINKS - Rum Punches 3, OR Wadadli Beers 3 AND Waters

2 PP

(d) LUNCH - Chicken or Fish or Hamburgers

Sides – Fries or Rice or Garden Salad.

Dessert - House made Bread Pudding drizzled w/coconut rum

sauce.

Children under 12 but over 5 pay USD35; children 12 - 15 pay

US45.

LUNCH for Children: Chicken Fingers and Fries or Mac and

Cheese or Pita Pizza.

DRINK for Children: 2 Fruit Punch +1 Water

Groups of 10 or more pay USD70 PP (including tax). Please note

this discount does not apply if your group of 10 includes children

under 16.

** We are located seconds from Fort James itself and some guests

enjoy a walk around the old Fort which itself dates back to the

early 18th century and retains most of the old structure including

canons.

Distance from port - about 1.5 miles. Currently the recommended

taxi fare is US$7 PP each way if 4 or more passengers. Less than

four the fare is $8.00 PP

** DAY PASSES ARE USD70 IF PURCHASED IN ADVANCE

AND USD75 IF PURCHASED ON SITE AT BEACHLIMERZ

The deposit for the regular DAY PASS is USD40 PP. Please note

that the deposit is USD20 for children over five (5) but under (12)

and is USD23 for children over twelve (12) but under sixteen (16).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PAYGO INFORMATION

PAYGO is USD45 PP (incl. Gov’t tax):

Spending at least USD45 PP at the Restaurant-Bar, you will have

beach chair and umbrella included.

The deposit for the PAYGO is USD25 PP.

We accept MasterCard / Visa / but we prefer Paypal.

If you would like to pay with PAYPAL please use the following

LINK:

https://paypal.me/BeachLimerzANU?country.x=IT&locale.x=en_US

BeachLimerZ®

“Whe r e Fo od & Dri n k Mak e Wav e s ”

FAQs

• What time do you open?

We open at 9:30AM. Opening hours may be adjusted depending on ship’s arrival

time.

• What is your cancellation policy?

(i) A 100% refund less a 10% administrative fee if you got to Antigua and your captain did

not allow you to leave the ship due to weather conditions or any other reason.

(ii) Should it be raining heavily accompanied by thunderstorms and you arrive at the

restaurant but are unable to lie on the beach and go into the water for most of the day

due to safety concerns, we will do a partial refund**

(iii) Except where otherwise expressly stated herein we will issue you a full refund less a 10%

administrative fee if our contractual obligations to you are affected by any event which we

could not, even with all due care, foresee or avoid e.g. storms, war, a pandemic etc.

• Do you limit the number of day passes?

Not really. We are a small semi secluded facility and our focus is relaxation but with

much fun. We don't have motorized watersports equipment -leatherback turtles

nest on the beach and we try to protect them at all costs. Further we do not have an

arrangement with any of the tour companies and so have never had scores of visitors

descending on us.

5 hours ago, Buckeye10640 said:

So the PAYGO option is basically $45 pp spend required on food and drinks, with chairs and umbrella provided.  Am I understanding that correctly?

I need to check that as it used to be $20 of your PAYGO went towards the chairs. We certainly won’t go if we had to spend $90 on food and drink and are looking around for other options. 

• Like 1

They are very prompt in responding.  Here is there response (I also asked clarification on the fact they no longer limit the number of passes they sell.

So its $45 pp spend required on food and drink but now no charge for chairs

PAYGO is USD45 PP (incl. Gov’t tax):

Spending at least USD45 PP at the Restaurant-Bar each , you will have beach chair and umbrella included.

The policy is... we dont limit the numbers ....but who will book first will have the best position..

Future bookers might want to check how many bookings are "ahead of them" as there is now a risk given they are happy to accept higher numbers it will not be an ideal spot you get - its all about location, location, location 🙂 

• 1 month later...

I find the pay as you go very confusing. I wrote to them for an explanation but still doesn't sound right to me.  Pay $45 which includes chair/umbrella but then spend $45 on food and get chair/umbrella free.  Makes no sense to me.  So we'd have to spend $180 to spend the day there or $90 and get no food or drinks.  What I don't understand is I thought chair/umbrella was included in the $45/person price.  I decided to go somewhere else.......to much stress trying to figure out this place........LOL

• Like 2

On 12/6/2022 at 11:33 AM, beachbuddy said:

I find the pay as you go very confusing. I wrote to them for an explanation but still doesn't sound right to me.  Pay $45 which includes chair/umbrella but then spend $45 on food and get chair/umbrella free.  Makes no sense to me.  So we'd have to spend $180 to spend the day there or $90 and get no food or drinks.  What I don't understand is I thought chair/umbrella was included in the $45/person price.  I decided to go somewhere else.......to much stress trying to figure out this place........LOL

Yes thanks for your post I'm thinking the same thing

On 12/8/2022 at 7:35 AM, pamkev said:

Yes thanks for your post I'm thinking the same thing

We’ve been there several times and the owner is great.  They have modified the PAYGO option since Covid.  My understanding is each person pays $45 and it entitles you to a chair, a shared umbrella, and up to $45 in food/drinks. If you do not use up the $45, you lose it. If you exceed the $45, you pay the difference at the end of the day.  Seems very fair.

beachbuddy - don’t stress over the little stuff, it’s suppose to be a relaxing vacation

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 10:33 AM, rjrpar said:

We’ve been there several times and the owner is great.  They have modified the PAYGO option since Covid.  My understanding is each person pays $45 and it entitles you to a chair, a shared umbrella, and up to $45 in food/drinks. If you do not use up the $45, you lose it. If you exceed the $45, you pay the difference at the end of the day.  Seems very fair.

beachbuddy - don’t stress over the little stuff, it’s suppose to be a relaxing vacation

This is correct  as to how it works, we were just there a week ago using Paygo. I may be in the minority but I would not return. It is very secluded, so much so that there were no employees or really anyone around there when their taxi driver (Hilarie) dropped us off. To her credit, Hilarie did hang around until staff showed up.  Plastic beach chairs were cracked and broken. We did have lunch, the food was OK. They were  setting up for an outdoor wedding to occur later in the afternoon  so it was noisy the entire morning.  The bar itself is really cute though. 

Edited by Buckeye10640
  • Thanks 1

I'm not stressed over it.  There are many gorgeous beaches in Antiqua so not worried about it.  However, I don't interpret it the same as you.  I'm thinking you pay $45 and then have to spend at least another $45 for drink or food.   I just don't think it's written very clear but at any rate, we decided to go elsewhere.

Edited by beachbuddy

• 2 weeks later...

I spoke to them today and this is exactly how it works.  

We made a $25 deposit to hold our chairs and will provide $20 when we arrive. In turn, we will have a $45 credit to spend at the bar or restaurant. 

7 hours ago, VonChap said:

I spoke to them today and this is exactly how it works.  

We made a $25 deposit to hold our chairs and will provide $20 when we arrive. In turn, we will have a $45 credit to spend at the bar or restaurant. 

Is this 45 per person -- or $45 for a couple?

22 hours ago, RogueMonk said:

Is this 45 per person -- or $45 for a couple?

That is per person.  Includes seating, umbrella, water sports equipment, etc.  Then, you have the $45 credit to spend at bar/restaurant 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2022 at 11:44 PM, Buckeye10640 said:

This is correct  as to how it works, we were just there a week ago using Paygo. I may be in the minority but I would not return. It is very secluded, so much so that there were no employees or really anyone around there when their taxi driver (Hilarie) dropped us off. To her credit, Hilarie did hang around until staff showed up.  Plastic beach chairs were cracked and broken. We did have lunch, the food was OK. They were  setting up for an outdoor wedding to occur later in the afternoon  so it was noisy the entire morning.  The bar itself is really cute though. 

Any suggestions on what to eat/drink or what to avoid?  We were there pre covid and loved it.  Going back in a few weeks

2 minutes ago, bren61 said:

I just sent an email to Beach Limerz to give us all more clarity on the Paygo option, so when I get a reply I will share it with you all.

Hasn’t this already been discussed above? what more do you need to know?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, grod19 said:

Any suggestions on what to eat/drink or what to avoid?  We were there pre covid and loved it.  Going back in a few weeks

We just had some beers and soft drinks,  and I had a sandwich and chips I think. My husband wasnt feeling so hot,  took a little to much advantage of our drink package and evening sail with rum punch the night before....lol. As mentioned the bar was cute but I would not go back for the beach. If I were spending a week on the island, I might go back to check out the bar again in the evening.