Beach Limerz Clarrification

Cruiseoholic000

3 hours ago, bren61 said:

I just sent an email to Beach Limerz to give us all more clarity on the Paygo option, so when I get a reply I will share it with you all.

In December, Paygo was $45 pp which includes a chair, umbrella, and $45 food and drink credit pp. Spend more than $45 pp and you pay more,  spend less and you just 'lose' that money.  

On 12/20/2022 at 7:46 PM, VonChap said:

That is per person.  Includes seating, umbrella, water sports equipment, etc.  Then, you have the $45 credit to spend at bar/restaurant 

According to the info we received the Paygo option at $45pp does not include sports equipment/water toys.  I didnt actually see anything like that when we were there. 

22 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

Hasn’t this already been discussed above? what more do you need to know?

Yes, it was discussed, but if you read all of the posts, there was still confusion with some & didn't make sense, so I thought I would try to help.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, bren61 said:

I just sent an email to Beach Limerz to give us all more clarity on the Paygo option, so when I get a reply I will share it with you all.

Ok, here is the reply I got back from Gail.

BeachLimerz

6:54 AM (10 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

Can you please verify if I am understanding the PAYGO correctly?

If I come, do I only have to spend $45 for food and drinks and the umbrella and chairs are included? YES

Or do I come & pay $45 then also have to spend another $45 in food & drinks? NO

We would rather just pay when we get there rather than pay a deposit and the weather end up being bad for the day.

Thank you, there are many people confused about this on our forum.

Brenda Shaeffer
cleardot.gif

AD5-WCmUmtUBHTi8wvXGyJmAC4ADjjHZiQUYdAurZ2h8=s80-p

BeachLimerz

6:56 AM (10 hours ago)

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to me
cleardot.gif

In addition obviously if you will pay in advance with PAYGO you will have the chairs and the umbrella reserved for you!! And I will send additional information about our taxi driver...

Regards

Maurizio Pandin
Beachlimerz
Phone 7364711

15 minutes ago, bren61 said:

Yes, it was discussed, but if you read all of the posts, there was still confusion with some & didn't make sense, so I thought I would try to help.

OK. I am  not sure why it is causing so much confusion.

Your email response seems to be the same as was posted last August in this thread, the same as I received last year and the same information as several posters who have actually been have already confirmed. That was the reason I asked if you had a further question.

It is basically a minimum cover charge per person. If you reserve and pay a deposit you are guaranteed a spot otherwise if you arrive and the loungers have  gone you will have to sit at the bar, or move on to another location. Presumably if you sit at the bar there is no minimum charge.

The prices  have certainly gone up from when they first opened but glad they are still in business.

To me the most confusing part about  Antigua was the apparent lack of regulation of the taxis, if you didn’t have a pre-booked driver. It would seem that at least you get a designated driver if you pre-book.

• Thanks 1

On 1/4/2023 at 5:53 PM, bren61 said:

Which is nicer, Valley Church Beach or Beach Limerz?

Another thing that would be good to know is the price of their drinks and food.

Their menus are on their fb page. Ec to usd conversion late is 2.6ec to 1usd

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Tagging on to ask if anyone has been successful lately in just walking up around lunchtime?  We are in port on a Thursday in February, and have morning plans, but would like some beach time in the afternoon.  We don’t really want to pay for the whole day and food we won’t end up eating, but it looks like a nice place for some drinks and a lounger.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

We were in Antigua last Monday. (13 Feb) We did not use the $45 PayGo option. Paid $29 for 2 loungers and an umbrella. We were not in the mood to eat, late port arrival. (1pm) cab was 5/person/ea way. the ride over to the beach was not the most scenic, in fact it was kinda depressing. When we got to the water had a 1/4 mi ride on a Very bumpy dirt road. When we arrived BeachLimerz, it is very nice beach bar... looked like it was rebuilt/refurbished after storms. We rated it 8 outta 10. Staff was friendly, drinks were cold, food that passed by looked great... we (8 of us) were laying out on loungers and were hit by a passing storm... inside and hung out waiting for it to stop... great views, (although didn't realize we were around hill from ship. ) Water is a calm Caribbean sea... very slight drop when entering but once you know of it... No Problem, sandy all the out w/ slight waves.

Took walkdown beach and there is construction going on... then all way to end, Beach bar (think it was called Miller at Beach or Sea) closed down fenced. Did not rebuild from the storm. Looked like a happening place w/ volley ball and grass huts.

THIS IS THE BAR YOU WANT TO GO TO!!!!

pet peeve... gladly accepted $US, change in WI $, even when asked for change in US. Paid for next drink in US/WI mixture. Also used extra to pay cab tip after paying for trip in US.

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

Update...we were there today and their beach is gone!  Completely eroded away.  Jetties have been placed so unable to get in water without walking a long way down the beach.  Restaurant is still nice but it is not the beach day that we were looking forward to,

😢 Any pictures?  We are due to visit next week. Thx for the info

We went to this beach in January and also recommended it to another couple to go with us to share a ride, based on good reviews in this post. Well when we arrived there was not a soul there other than a worker, no beach and water was extremely rough. We turned around, left & went to another beach our driver recommended. This is just my opinion of the place, but may have been a good place to go in the past, not somewhere I would ever go back to.

On 3/23/2023 at 9:51 PM, Alabaster Cruiser said:

Update...we were there today and their beach is gone!  Completely eroded away.

Not to worry, it will come back, hasn't gone very far.  I am familiar with Dickensen Beach.  Normally it is quite wide but on one trip there, the water was almost up to the Sandals fence.  One of the locals explained that it happens from time to time.  Some combination of winds or tides sucks out all the sand but it doesn't go very far.  Some other combination of winds or tides pushes it all back again. Right enough, on my next trip the beach was wide once more.