Saint Greg's New York City and Magic to Bermuda - Live - August 27-September 5 2022

Saint Greg

44 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

This was nice to see in the inbox this morning.

Have Mets surpassed Yankees as premier team in New York?

“If you just look at these two organizations, I think what a lot of Yankee fans aren’t coming to terms with or accepting is the fact that, in my opinion, as it stands right now the Mets are just a better-run organization,” Ryan said, 1:23 in player above). “It happened so drastically with the sale of the team and Steve Cohen coming in, but now you have the Mets with an owner who’s willing to spend every dollar to put a winner on the field. And you see that with the Scherzer contract, extending Lindor – who has silenced his critics as of late, he’s been unbelievable.”

https://www.audacy.com/national/sports/have-mets-surpassed-yankees-as-premier-mlb-team-in-new-york?utm_source=RDC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=RDC MLB - Baseball&utm_content=Audacy_MLB _Newsletter&mi_u=209603&mi_ecmp=Audacy_MLB _Newsletter

I guess they didn't watch last night's game  😁

8 minutes ago, hapytobehr said:

I did....time will tell...............

Steveco has only owned the team for a year. They finally have an owner who cares about winning more than the bottom line. I know what direction the Mets are going. It’s just a matter of whether or not the Yankees can keep up.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 10:50 AM, ninjacat123 said:

I used to work at South Street Seaport in NYC and loved the view from Pier 17.  Now there is a concert venue on a rooftop that looks incredible.  Even if you don't do the concert, Pier 17 has some great views to enjoy with a cocktail.  

https://www.pier17ny.com/

If you want an iconic view of Manhattan, The River Cafe in Brooklyn is very awesome!

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60827-d482173-Reviews-The_River_Cafe-Brooklyn_New_York.html

this is my first time sailing out of NYC, are there hotels close by? Usually when we go to NYC (only a few times so far), we have stayed over in NJ and ride the bus over so this will be a new experience for us. I am thinking since we are about 4 hours away we should drive in to NYC or NJ the day before we sail. 

31 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Steveco has only owned the team for a year. They finally have an owner who cares about winning more than the bottom line. I know what direction the Mets are going. It’s just a matter of whether or not the Yankees can keep up.

31 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

You made me giggle.....Actually I'm a NY fan.  i root for the Mets just not when they play the Yankees.  😊

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, bubba83 said:

this is my first time sailing out of NYC, are there hotels close by? Usually when we go to NYC (only a few times so far), we have stayed over in NJ and ride the bus over so this will be a new experience for us. I am thinking since we are about 4 hours away we should drive in to NYC or NJ the day before we sail. 

Hotels close to Pier 17?  Not sure since I lived in an apartment when I was working there.  I looked up this place on Booking.com

https://www.booking.com/Share-KPwypa

7 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

This was nice to see in the inbox this morning.

Have Mets surpassed Yankees as premier team in New York?

“If you just look at these two organizations, I think what a lot of Yankee fans aren’t coming to terms with or accepting is the fact that, in my opinion, as it stands right now the Mets are just a better-run organization,” Ryan said, 1:23 in player above). “It happened so drastically with the sale of the team and Steve Cohen coming in, but now you have the Mets with an owner who’s willing to spend every dollar to put a winner on the field. And you see that with the Scherzer contract, extending Lindor – who has silenced his critics as of late, he’s been unbelievable.”

https://www.audacy.com/national/sports/have-mets-surpassed-yankees-as-premier-mlb-team-in-new-york?utm_source=RDC&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=RDC MLB - Baseball&utm_content=Audacy_MLB _Newsletter&mi_u=209603&mi_ecmp=Audacy_MLB _Newsletter

Easy answer.   27. 39.

• Like 1

Now the orange is the rooftop bars. The navy is coffee. The green is dessert…and maroon is breakfast. It looks like a mess but zoom into whatever area you’re in and it clears up nicely.00104CEB-4ED1-449B-8C75-6498EFB25E81.thumb.jpeg.27fd8cdce697ec1a386a2a746f60ab77.jpeg

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 6

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Now the orange is the rooftop bars. The navy is coffee. The green is dessert…and maroon is breakfast. It looks like a mess but zoom into whatever area you’re in and it clears up nicely.00104CEB-4ED1-449B-8C75-6498EFB25E81.thumb.jpeg.27fd8cdce697ec1a386a2a746f60ab77.jpeg

So many pins, so little time! Looks like you'll be coming back! 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I have flown over NY many times....landed once...driven thru a few times....but never got to visit!  Now...not so much on my list...but I will get to visit thru your review!!  Love your map with all your places mapped out!  Thanks for sharing....love your reviews!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

I really just want that bowl. I think the wowfull waffles look better.

6F453895-41CB-4109-AF48-C92C4F515AA9.thumb.jpeg.f6981e0aa041685f9820f261d5f91246.jpeg

I hope you've done your research (based on this report I am guessing that you have), because there is so much good food at CitiField that it can be overwhelming. Be sure to get there early and figure out which places to hit first as lines can get long. I've missed several innings for a Shack burgers once or twice. I love the little craft beer cart near 132 that has lots of regional NY State beers available and never a long line. If you're drinking, bring ID, they card EVERYONE. I've seen some people turned away who were twice my age, and I am middle aged. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, x lindsay x said:

I hope you've done your research (based on this report I am guessing that you have), because there is so much good food at CitiField that it can be overwhelming. Be sure to get there early and figure out which places to hit first as lines can get long. I've missed several innings for a Shack burgers once or twice. I love the little craft beer cart near 132 that has lots of regional NY State beers available and never a long line. If you're drinking, bring ID, they card EVERYONE. I've seen some people turned away who were twice my age, and I am middle aged. 

Oh yeah I’m planning on being there when the gates open. I won’t leave my seat much if at all during the game.

• Like 1

@bubba83 Regarding hotels nearby the cruise terminal. The terminal is on the West side of Manhattan.between 46th and 54thStreets.

There is a Holiday Inn Express on West 48th St. within walking distance of the pier. We have stayed there. The rooms are small and the breakfast area can be busy with pre cruise guests. There is also a hotel ,Ink, in the area. At least it was before Covid. When looking for a hotel,consider keeping your search on the West side, 46th- 54th Streets. Of course you could stay further away as the hotels that ninjacat123 indicated in the link in their post, but that would have to include a cab,Uber or Lyft ride to the pier.

Greg- Not being a Debbie Downer, but being realistic. On the NYC local news yesterday evening, a subway passenger was stabbed at a very busy station near Rockefeller Center yesterday during the day. I will reiterate to you and any first time visitors to the City. Be aware,be careful,be safe.

MJ🙋🏻

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@bubba83 Regarding hotels nearby the cruise terminal. The terminal is on the West side of Manhattan.between 46th and 54thStreets.

There is a Holiday Inn Express on West 48th St. within walking distance of the pier. We have stayed there. The rooms are small and the breakfast area can be busy with pre cruise guests. There is also a hotel ,Ink, in the area. At least it was before Covid. When looking for a hotel,consider keeping your search on the West side, 46th- 54th Streets. Of course you could stay further away as the hotels that ninjacat123 indicated in the link in their post, but that would have to include a cab,Uber or Lyft ride to the pier.

Greg- Not being a Debbie Downer, but being realistic. On the NYC local news yesterday evening, a subway passenger was stabbed at a very busy station near Rockefeller Center yesterday during the day. I will reiterate to you and any first time visitors to the City. Be aware,be careful,be safe.

MJ🙋🏻

And when taking the subway, don't stand close to the edge of the tracks when the train comes in.👍

• Like 7

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

And when taking the subway, don't stand close to the edge of the tracks when the train comes in.👍

And when walking around, look ahead.....not up at all the pretty buildings and neon signs.

Don't be "a doorstop" when walking.  Us natives will crash into you!  You'll think we're rude.  We're not...we just need to get where we're going.  Remember....NYers walk, and we walk fast.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

You'd think I was some bumpkin from Goober, Idaho who has never been to a city or on a subway.

Nah....just about all people who don't live in Manhattan don't know how to walk like a New Yorker. It's a "cars vs feet" thing.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1