Elite Minibar Question

Westsail32

Looking over the Elite benefits I realized my last cruise (first as Elite) I didn’t get a minibar setup.  I had a drink package so I wasn’t in the cabin a lot but it would’ve been nice.  Is this something we have to request in advance?  Is there a choice of what you want?  Thank you.

2 hours ago, Westsail32 said:

Looking over the Elite benefits I realized my last cruise (first as Elite) I didn’t get a minibar setup.  I had a drink package so I wasn’t in the cabin a lot but it would’ve been nice.  Is this something we have to request in advance?  Is there a choice of what you want?  Thank you.

No, you should still get the setup. Did your account show on the website as an Elite?  Did you get the Captains Circle notice about activities such as the cocktail party, etc?  If you were recognized as Elite, then it was an error by your steward.

You can switch out, but with the Plus package, it would be more of a convenience to have these in your mini bar.  When you board, you call RS and tell them if you want to switch the items.

You can exchange, for example, 10 alcohol for other alcohol; 10 non-alcohol for other non-alcohol.

You can exchange the entire minibar for 2 coffee packages OR  a bottle  of wine ($40 max) or 1.5 liter bottles of water.

In hindsight, if you did not receive your mini bar which is delivered on boarding day you should have visited the Captain's Circle Host. Something is wrong with Princess' records or maybe your records.

Elite status requires 15 cruise credits or 150 days on board. Land portions of cruise tours don't count against the 150 days. I would check the captain's circle records on line and verify against your records. 

On our last cruise, we did not get the airline miniatures of booze but were given a 375 mm bottle of Bacardi instead.  “Supply chain problems.”   As usual, we gave the booze to the cabin steward at the end of the cruise.

Thank you everyone for replying.  When I check in with the Steward I’ll mention it and what I like to drink.  I always tip them on the first day too so I’m always treated well.  They’re pretty attentive, only once have I had a steward who “forgot” something, and he corrected it when I reminded him.

Westsail, it is Room Service which handles the exchanges for the minibar.  Not the cabin steward.  

I call Room Service and tell them, for example, that I'd like to exchange all of my non-alcohol beverages and beers for Diet Coke.  I leave all of the drinks I am trading in on the table for Room Service to take away and replace.  

• Like 2

On 8/21/2022 at 2:46 PM, Mike45LC said:

On our last cruise, we did not get the airline miniatures of booze but were given a 375 mm bottle of Bacardi instead.  “Supply chain problems.”   As usual, we gave the booze to the cabin steward at the end of the cruise.

Right, we got 375 ml bottle of Vodka instead of the little ones.

2 hours ago, Westsail32 said:

Thank you everyone for replying.  When I check in with the Steward I’ll mention it and what I like to drink.  I always tip them on the first day too so I’m always treated well.  They’re pretty attentive, only once have I had a steward who “forgot” something, and he corrected it when I reminded him.

Yes, call room service. While the cabin steward may note down your request he/she will just have to pass it along to room service. If their are any issues the request will go 'round in circles. Just pick up the phone and call room service directly.

3 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Westsail, it is Room Service which handles the exchanges for the minibar.  Not the cabin steward.  

I call Room Service and tell them, for example, that I'd like to exchange all of my non-alcohol beverages and beers for Diet Coke.  I leave all of the drinks I am trading in on the table for Room Service to take away and replace.  

This

59 minutes ago, skynight said:

Yes, call room service. While the cabin steward may note down your request he/she will just have to pass it along to room service. If their are any issues the request will go 'round in circles. Just pick up the phone and call room service directly.

And this!

16 hours ago, suzyed said:

Right, we got 375 ml bottle of Vodka instead of the little ones.

We got the same thing and it's sitting on the cupboard shelf at home. 

When you've got the plus package the mini bar setup isn't worth all that much. 

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

We got the same thing and it's sitting on the cupboard shelf at home. 

When you've got the plus package the mini bar setup isn't worth all that much. 

We trade for a bottle of wine. This will also be of less use with the package. 

• Thanks 1