Bringing wine onboard

Mrs f.

4 minutes ago, Norseh2o said:

My mistake, we wish that O’s champagne was at least as good as Chandon. 🥂

Oceania has never provided only Champagne as its sparkling wine. It has actually featured a couple good American bubblies over the years.

Since Chandon is the subject, they make sparkling wine in Champagne, California, and in Australia. If you similarly find the U. S. version lacking, then forget the version from Oz!! 🤮 

26 minutes ago, oskidunker said:

Tattinger, please. 

😂😂

The 2021 Champagne crop was about 30% of normal. Worldwide shortage of Champagne at most any price. Shipping issue, empty bottle supply issues, on and on. O won’t be serving up Tatt anytime soon.

Edited by pinotlover

3 hours ago, Norseh2o said:

It’s not a favorite, Chandon, Napa Valley…  🍾 We exchange for a red or white wine. 🙂

Is that  wine ?

I thought  the Concierge & above got Champagne

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

😂😂

The 2021 Champagne crop was about 30% of normal. Worldwide shortage of Champagne at most any price. Shipping issue, empty bottle supply issues, on and on. O won’t be serving up Tatt anytime soon.

Interesting. I was in Truckee and a good restaurant charged $45 for a half bottle of Tattinger.  I also got the same price on Celebrity last year where full bottles were  $110.  Go figure. Any French Champagne might do. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, oskidunker said:

Interesting. I was in Truckee and a good restaurant charged $45 for a half bottle of Tattinger.  I also got the same price on Celebrity last year where full bottles were  $110.  Go figure. Any French Champagne might do. 

I was riddling over that, racking my brain, thanks for a dosage of reality. 😉

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, pinotlover said:

😂😂

The shortage left me riddling over why, I was racking my brain trying to figure it out.  Thanks for the dosage of reality. 😉

Edited by shepherd really
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BarbaraM said:

Our our cruise this year we received Monopole in the stateroom -- the red or white substitutions were the cheapest red/white offered by the glass in the bars.  

It could have been the Oceania Club branded wine. OOF.