Updated Protocols

Lol... Why even bother if it's the following

"

Accepted Tests

Guests can now take advantage of at-home antigen tests (even unsupervised ones!) to satisfy this requirement. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand. To learn more about our accepted tests, visit our FAQ."

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Take your immunity meds and stay healthy. Within weeks we went from all unvaxed welcome to no testing if less than 9 days. 

It does not take a medical degree to predict what will happen with covid infections. 

Keep that deck three open for quarantines  

I agree with you. The part of me that thinks it’s a pain to get tested in time is happy but there’s another part of me that’s really worried about what’s going to happen. I tested positive after a cruise last April and I got really sick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Accepted Tests

Guests can now take advantage of at-home antigen tests (even unsupervised ones!) to satisfy this requirement. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand. To learn more about our accepted tests, visit our FAQ.

So silly! At this point, they're just covering themselves from lawsuits so that they can say "we didn't know they forged the test results!" Whatever. I'll take all the relaxed protocols I can get!

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, jschultz0829 said:

Accepted Tests

Guests can now take advantage of at-home antigen tests (even unsupervised ones!) to satisfy this requirement. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand. To learn more about our accepted tests, visit our FAQ.

So silly! At this point, they're just covering themselves from lawsuits so that they can say "we didn't know they forged the test results!" Whatever. I'll take all the relaxed protocols I can get!

I think it’s probably more to make some vaccinated feel safer on the ship.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, suizas said:

i'm trying to find it on Royals site now...  I cruise Sept 11th, so the timing is great!

We just got an email for our Sept 11th cruise.  Any cruise over 9 days still must test.

Well, I think one thing to remember is that no one wants to sail sick (...I assume). Out of 9 cruises, I've had one I got a bad cold on mid-cruise (didn't want to get out of bed "bad"), and there's nothing more miserable than shelling out money for a cruise, only to be sick in your room. Here's hoping people are honest with their tests from the get-go.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Until you end up booted from your balcony cabin on day 3 of 9 and end up in inside deck 3 quarantine. 

I'm young(er). I eat healthy. I take plenty of vitamins and workout daily. I've had covid at least twice now (at least once before the vaccine and once after being vaxxed). The worst of it was a fever for a day. If I were to get it on a cruise, I wouldn't go to the med center. I'd take some Nyquil and wait it out. So, for me, I'm not worried.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, jschultz0829 said:

I'm young(er). I eat healthy. I take plenty of vitamins and workout daily. I've had covid at least twice now (at least once before the vaccine and once after being vaxxed). The worst of it was a fever for a day. If I were to get it on a cruise, I wouldn't go to the med center. I'd take some Nyquil and wait it out. So, for me, I'm not worried.

You will be fine but  you stay in cabin w/ room service? (Most folks are so concerned about ruining their vacation, they won't call medical and will go about spreading it.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Question..... Now that you no longer have to have a negative test for less than a 9 day cruise, what about BacktoBack cruisers  whose first leg is a 6 day then followed on same ship by an 8 day cruise  (total of 14 consecutive days).?   Don't need a test for 1st leg.  And don't need a test for the 2nd leg.  But you are on the ship for 14 days!

2 minutes ago, Zawmor said:

Question..... Now that you no longer have to have a negative test for less than a 9 day cruise, what about BacktoBack cruisers  whose first leg is a 6 day then followed on same ship by an 8 day cruise  (total of 14 consecutive days).?   Don't need a test for 1st leg.  And don't need a test for the 2nd leg.  But you are on the ship for 14 days!

Good question!

1 minute ago, boscobeans said:

We are and have been FULLY vaxed and still will self-test the night before we cruise.

No sense NOT TO.

Less chance of being quarantined or possibly transmitting to others.

That’s great! I wonder how many vaccinated cruisers will test, for the good of those sailing with them?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Zawmor said:

No testing for vaccinated on a B2B

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Blur said:

Lol... Why even bother if it's the following

"

Accepted Tests

Guests can now take advantage of at-home antigen tests (even unsupervised ones!) to satisfy this requirement. Proof of a negative test can be the printed or digital results, a clear photo of your self-test result, or your actual self-test in hand. To learn more about our accepted tests, visit our FAQ."

Theatre of the bizarre.  It is just funny to watch.  

Whatever they want to say, the result is the correct result.  Time to move along.  Heck way past time to move along.  The science has been saying this for months.  

JC

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1