Port Everglades Cruise Terminal and Parking

Floridastorm

Booked on Celebrity Equinox embarking 9/17/22 for 9 days in the southern Caribbean. Since we live in northern Florida we'll drive to the port and park our car for the 9 days at the cruise terminal. Does anyone know which terminal # that Celebrity goes out of and especially for Equinox? (Terminals 2, 4,18,19, 21, 25, 26, 29). Using the Port Everglades Terminal Parking, instead of offsite parking, as the terminal parking is inside and only a little more per day than the sites that are outside and a couple of miles away requiring a shuttle.  I believe that all of the terminal parking, no matter which terminal #,  has direct access to the ship via an easy walk. However, I'm not sure.

Thank You folks for any info provided. 👍

4 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

Booked on Celebrity Equinox embarking 9/17/22 for 9 days in the southern Caribbean. Since we live in northern Florida we'll drive to the port and park our car for the 9 days at the cruise terminal. Does anyone know which terminal # that Celebrity goes out of and especially for Equinox? (Terminals 2, 4,18,19, 21, 25, 26, 29). Using the Port Everglades Terminal Parking, instead of offsite parking, as the terminal parking is inside and only a little more per day than the sites that are outside and a couple of miles away requiring a shuttle.  I believe that all of the terminal parking, no matter which terminal #,  has direct access to the ship via an easy walk. However, I'm not sure.

It will be obvious when you arrive at the port, I know that . Parking deck right across the way.   Wife and I are on this cruise…flying down and staying Friday in town.  Cab to port, it is always very easy to tell..signs etc with terminal info. 

Edited by PTC DAWG

A stupid question - I’m on the Equinox traveling solo for 28 days starting 1/21. I plan to park in the deck (ouch on the cost) but am worried about my luggage when I get off the ship. I’m sure I won’t be able to get all of that luggage to my car by myself. Will the porters take luggage to the garage for you if you tip them nicely?

In general..not always an easy walk..sometimes rainy, sometimes sunny.  If not close by to the terminal or near a tram stop, you can drop off luggage and circle back. Much easier to take a taxi into the port but we will be driving for BEYOND...short cruise we will travel light!

Best ever was when we had the terminal next to Convention Center..Prking kot right in front..easy walk on...not the usual set up.

24 minutes ago, carolyn22 said:

Will the porters take luggage to the garage for you if you tip them nicely?

Yes.  We did that last December.   (One thing to note: I can't speak for all the terminal garages, but the mid-terminal garage has tiny elevators, and not very many of them.  After disembarking, it was a zoo trying to get on one.) 

54 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

We just returned from Equinox. We went out of #25. When you go through the security gate at the entrance to the port, they will tell you which terminal to go to. They also check your passports. We also parked in the terminal parking garage and it is a bit of a hike. Paying for parking is contact-less and the Port Everglades website recommends that you carry you parking ticket with you on the cruise and pay before you go to your car. There are machines near the elevator which are very simple to use. There were a couple of employees helping out because some of the machines weren't working.

1 hour ago, carolyn22 said:

A stupid question - I’m on the Equinox traveling solo for 28 days starting 1/21. I plan to park in the deck (ouch on the cost) but am worried about my luggage when I get off the ship. I’m sure I won’t be able to get all of that luggage to my car by myself. Will the porters take luggage to the garage for you if you tip them nicely?

We considered driving once and I was floored at how much parking was. I would at least price out what off site Park and Fly is at the airport, just to compare. The airport is certainly close enough for an Uber from the Park and Fly to be fairly cheap. We also do a one way car rental on certain trips - I would price those out too, especially if you can use a company like Enterprise that will pick you up and drop you off at home - 28 days is a LONG time to pay for parking!

Edited by cangelmd

3 hours ago, cangelmd said:

We considered driving once and I was floored at how much parking was. I would at least price out what off site Park and Fly is at the airport, just to compare. The airport is certainly close enough for an Uber from the Park and Fly to be fairly cheap. We also do a one way car rental on certain trips - I would price those out too, especially if you can use a company like Enterprise that will pick you up and drop you off at home - 28 days is a LONG time to pay for parking!

I’ve looked into the park and cruise hotels, but most of them are north of $300 in January (high season for Florida) and for the ones I’ve found you can only park 7-10 days for free. After that they are charging around $10 day. So it’s actually cheaper for me just to pay $15 a day in a garage. 

The parking lots near the airport start at $10 a day, and I’d still have to pay Uber fees to and from the port. In the long run, I’m just not sure it’s worth the hassle to me. 

I’m driving from Virginia and will first be visiting my cousin and his wife who live a little south of Sarasota. I actually thought about doing the one car way rental, but everything I was looking at was around $90 or so going to Fort Lauderdale. Coming back the one way rental was over $100. While it would save me a few hundred bucks, again, I’m not sure it’s worth the hassle. 

I’d love to ask my cousin and his wife to take me and pick me up (using my car), but it’s a 3 hour drive from their house to the port - resulting in two 6 hour drives - and that is just too much to ask of them. 

So I guess I’m going to have to suck it up and pay for the garage. At least it’s covered, hopefully secured, and very close to the ship. 

Having said all of that, thank you so much for your suggestions!  I hadn’t thought about the off-site lots at the airport so I was happy to explore that option. 

1 hour ago, carolyn22 said:

I’d love to ask my cousin and his wife to take me and pick me up (using my car), but it’s a 3 hour drive from their house to the port - resulting in two 6 hour drives - and that is just too much to ask of them. 

So I guess I’m going to have to suck it up and pay for the garage. At least it’s covered, hopefully secured, and very close to the ship. 

Having said all of that, thank you so much for your suggestions!  I hadn’t thought about the off-site lots at the airport so I was happy to explore that option. 

If the schedule works for your cruise (and they are still in business--I know someone who was using them for a transatlantic I went on this spring but know nothing beyond that) you might also consider  https://www.cruiseconnection.travel/ as they have pickup/dropoff near where your cousin is and it seems like maybe it wouldn't be too much to ask to be driven to the pickup location.  🙂  I think there may be one or two other similar services as well.  (I live in the same area and so I bookmarked the company's site for possible future use on my solo cruises!)

2 hours ago, Stem to Stern said:

https://www.bookparkngo.com/
Best option for us.
No elevators.

No long hikes to/from terminal.

Cheapest per day price.

Includes free shuttle.

Driver will load your cases.

Not sure that I want to leave my car in an outside lot in the elements with minimum security for 9 days. Is is a little less expensive in the remote lots though. Maybe I will check it out if it is that difficult getting from the terminal garage to the ship. We old timers don't do treks like we used to. 

7 hours ago, CruisinNole said:

We just returned from Equinox. We went out of #25. When you go through the security gate at the entrance to the port, they will tell you which terminal to go to. They also check your passports. We also parked in the terminal parking garage and it is a bit of a hike. Paying for parking is contact-less and the Port Everglades website recommends that you carry you parking ticket with you on the cruise and pay before you go to your car. There are machines near the elevator which are very simple to use. There were a couple of employees helping out because some of the machines weren't working.

Is there a garage directly adjacent to or across from terminal 25? We have 1 piece of medium sized luggage each that rolls. Of course we're not as young as we once were. Approximately how far is it to the ship? Is it possible to drop your bags at the ship and then drive your car to the terminal garage? 🛳️

1 hour ago, bottomfeeder said:

If the schedule works for your cruise (and they are still in business--I know someone who was using them for a transatlantic I went on this spring but know nothing beyond that) you might also consider  https://www.cruiseconnection.travel/ as they have pickup/dropoff near where your cousin is and it seems like maybe it wouldn't be too much to ask to be driven to the pickup location.  🙂  I think there may be one or two other similar services as well.  (I live in the same area and so I bookmarked the company's site for possible future use on my solo cruises!)

I will definitely check it out. Thank you!!

We have parked at ParkNgo on Eller Dr. They take you to and from terminal in a shuttle…unload and load luggage. If you make an advanced reservation…you estimate arrival times…earlier you do this the cheaper it is. The only bad thing is that they park the car  and hold onto the keys. I have photographed the exterior or the car and do a walk around when I pick it up…just in case. But there service is great and cheaper than at the terminal 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

Is there a garage directly adjacent to or across from terminal 25? We have 1 piece of medium sized luggage each that rolls. Of course we're not as young as we once were. Approximately how far is it to the ship? Is it possible to drop your bags at the ship and then drive your car to the terminal garage? 🛳️

I have only arrived by cab at this port, but the garage is right there in plain sight.  I am almost positive you can drop bags at curb near terminal, and then go and park.  Not sure how they handle it on departure.  Porter may be willing to take to car for a nice tip.  

We did 2 cruises out of port Everglades in January. One was 12 days and one 11 days. We drove to the port and parked at port Everglades. We considered parkngo but decided to park in a covered building and near the ship. Yes, it was $15 a day but off site parking wasn’t cheap and all of it left your car sitting in the sun and subject to hail, etc 

on our first cruise, the slip we were in was changed to a distant part of the port. I dropped our bags and my wife and I went to park in the garage. There was a shuttle waiting and I was back to the terminal in 5 minutes. After the cruise we rode the same shuttle to the garage - no lines and we were there in just a couple of minutes. 
on the second cruise our slip was right across from the garage. Easy walk. After the cruise we walked with our bags to the garage and we’re there in a couple of minutes. 

• Like 2

I will always park at the port. Several years ago I took a shared van and someone that got off before me took our bags (and we never found them). From then on NO ONE EVER touches my my bags. An uber is fine but any type of shared van is something that I will never do again.

16 minutes ago, judatt said:

We did 2 cruises out of port Everglades in January. One was 12 days and one 11 days. We drove to the port and parked at port Everglades. We considered parkngo but decided to park in a covered building and near the ship. Yes, it was $15 a day but off site parking wasn’t cheap and all of it left your car sitting in the sun and subject to hail, etc 

on our first cruise, the slip we were in was changed to a distant part of the port. I dropped our bags and my wife and I went to park in the garage. There was a shuttle waiting and I was back to the terminal in 5 minutes. After the cruise we rode the same shuttle to the garage - no lines and we were there in just a couple of minutes. 
on the second cruise our slip was right across from the garage. Easy walk. After the cruise we walked with our bags to the garage and we’re there in a couple of minutes. 

I like parkngo..in part because DH has mobility issues and it is nice to have someone else handle the bags... our daily cost is less than $10 day.. the difference adds up on a long cruise. Everytime we have used them our bags are loaded quickly and usually only a few minutes wait for any additional passengers.. the wait on the back end has been short as well.. Again having someone lift my 50pound suitcase into the shuttle and then into my trunk.. is worth it..and not walking for DH...   We used to park in the terminal but I prefer this route... but it is nice that there are parking options ... keeps the lines leaving the garages..shorter.

As a side note..apparently hail is unusual in Florida something about the aveage temperatures melting ice before it hits the ground and if an issue it will be in the spring. Just did a google search ..so blame them if wrong:) 

Edited by kearney

9 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

We dropped our 1 large and 1 medium bags off and then parked in the garage. On return, we paid a porter to take the bags to the garage. I'm a senior but a fairly fast walker and I would say that it took me 10 minutes to walk to the garage. A warning though -- it's hot even at 8am! The garage for terminal 25 is not directly across the street but back towards the entrance to the terminal area. If you look at the Port Everglades website, there's a picture of the terminal area and it will give you an estimate of the distance. 

Any suggestions for this issue:  Leaving Oct 7 from the Miami airport for a nonstop flight to Barcelona. On Oct 12, we are boarding Beyond for TA to Cape Liberty.  Two days later, we will reboard Beyond for a cruise which will eventually end in Fort Lauderdale.  We live in Naples (Ave Maria) FL and always park at Park n Go - it is less than a 1 1/2 hr drive.  I know it would be expensive to do that, but any other transport I can find from Naples is even more expensive (by a long shot).  Our delimma is, if we park at Park n Go, how do we get to the Miami airport?  We have never used Uber and don't know how we would get them to pick us up at Park n Go.  We have thought of maybe taking the Park n Go shuttle to the cruise port and trying to get a cab or Uber there to take us to MIA.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

23 minutes ago, crusin'k said:

Any suggestions for this issue:  Leaving Oct 7 from the Miami airport for a nonstop flight to Barcelona. On Oct 12, we are boarding Beyond for TA to Cape Liberty.  Two days later, we will reboard Beyond for a cruise which will eventually end in Fort Lauderdale.  We live in Naples (Ave Maria) FL and always park at Park n Go - it is less than a 1 1/2 hr drive.  I know it would be expensive to do that, but any other transport I can find from Naples is even more expensive (by a long shot).  Our delimma is, if we park at Park n Go, how do we get to the Miami airport?  We have never used Uber and don't know how we would get them to pick us up at Park n Go.  We have thought of maybe taking the Park n Go shuttle to the cruise port and trying to get a cab or Uber there to take us to MIA.  Any suggestions are appreciated.

I would think an Uber or Cab from Port Everglades may be the best bet. 

sounds like a great trip, enjoy.