Skipping Boarding?

11 minutes ago, Darstime said:

On the Royal Caribbean web site it says that if you put in your credit card you can pass the check in

So how will that work? Has anyone ever had this happen to them and how to get your key card?

You can't skip the embarkation process. Regardless when you provide your credit card info. You still are required to show up at your scheduled check in time. You'll need to show your passport or drivers license and birth certificate, vaccination card and SetSail pass. Your SeaPass card will be in your cabin.   

• Like 1

Doing the online check-in saves a LOT of time on embarkation day.  

I had an IT problem on one of my cruises last fall -- no matter what I did, I could NOT access check-in for one cruise.  I tried the app, I tried online, I tried different browsers, I tried different wifi networks -- there was just something about this one reservation that totally glitched in the check-in process.  

At the pier, when I didn't have a SetSail Pass to present, everything came to a full stop.  The person with the tablet had to walk me over to the other side of the terminal to people at a desk with computers.  The desk person had to enter my address and phone, my emergency contact person's info, my passport, my credit card, all that jazz.  Then they printed a SetSail Pass, and the person with the tablet had to walk me back over to their podium and complete the rest of the check-in process (taking my picture, checking my vaccination card, etc.).  

The whole thing probably added 5-10 minutes to the check-in process, and it made everyone behind me in line wait that extra time as well. They really should have a separate area marked off for people who have not done the online check-in, because that whole time the tablet person was waiting for me at the computer desk, they could have been checking in a dozen other people.

But really, did the tablet person need to puppy sit you while the person behind the computer did the check in?  Seems they could have just as easily gone back & checked those dozen other people in & had you just go back to them when you were done.  Nice little quick break?

36 minutes ago, brillohead said:

Doing the online check-in saves a LOT of time on embarkation day.  

I had an IT problem on one of my cruises last fall -- no matter what I did, I could NOT access check-in for one cruise.  I tried the app, I tried online, I tried different browsers, I tried different wifi networks -- there was just something about this one reservation that totally glitched in the check-in process.  

At the pier, when I didn't have a SetSail Pass to present, everything came to a full stop.  The person with the tablet had to walk me over to the other side of the terminal to people at a desk with computers.  The desk person had to enter my address and phone, my emergency contact person's info, my passport, my credit card, all that jazz.  Then they printed a SetSail Pass, and the person with the tablet had to walk me back over to their podium and complete the rest of the check-in process (taking my picture, checking my vaccination card, etc.).  

The whole thing probably added 5-10 minutes to the check-in process, and it made everyone behind me in line wait that extra time as well. They really should have a separate area marked off for people who have not done the online check-in, because that whole time the tablet person was waiting for me at the computer desk, they could have been checking in a dozen other people.

Your experience is why I always print out hard copies of all required documents before every cruise. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, dada2199cc said:

Royal's latest mandate is NO SKIPPING at boarding, but you can hop (on one leg) and a brisk walk is fine!

Skipping, running, jumping: NO.

Hopping (one leg), brisk walk: YES.

This may change without notice.

These policies have been implemented to “enhance your cruising experience”

• Haha 2