Club Orange on the Rotterdam

hmorrow

14 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

I called that number on Friday.  They said it was available, and would sell it to me, with no travel agent, involved, but they would NOT refare, to the obstructed view, and let me keep my same V that I originally booked. They said, Holland doesn't refare, period.  Lots of other people above were refared? Again , what you said, previously.  Different rules, for different people

Ah, I think I see the problem.  They can’t refare the booking because it wasn’t through Holland America.  You’re asking for a drop in price from an amount you agreed to pay to another vendor.  HAL can’t arbitrarily change that contract because they aren’t the ones who have the booking.  You would need to cancel with the TA then rebook through HAL to get the price differential.  Or convince your TA to amend the booking, which it sounds like they’re not willing to do.  Good luck.

Edited by *Miss G*

5 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Ah, I think I see the problem.  They can’t refare the booking because it wasn’t through Holland America.  You’re asking for a drop in price from an amount you agreed to pay another vendor.  HAL can’t arbitrarily change that contract because they weren’t the ones you booked with.  You would need to cancel with the TA then rebook through HAL to get the price differential.  Or convince your TA to amend the booking, which it sounds like they’re not willing to do.  Good luck.

I think I suggest that.  The ta said it wasn't available. Clearly they don't understand simple requests.

On 8/25/2022 at 7:49 PM, waiting2retire said:

I believe it is usually $25 pp/pd on cruises under 14 days and $15 pp/pd on cruises 14 days and over. As with everything, I’m sure there are exceptions, but this is what I have found to be the case. 

That is my understanding.  We paid $15pp/day but it is a 21 day cruise.  It is $25pp/pd for shorter cruises.  

20 hours ago, *Miss G* said:

Ah, I think I see the problem.  They can’t refare the booking because it wasn’t through Holland America.  You’re asking for a drop in price from an amount you agreed to pay to another vendor.  HAL can’t arbitrarily change that contract because they aren’t the ones who have the booking.  You would need to cancel with the TA then rebook through HAL to get the price differential.  Or convince your TA to amend the booking, which it sounds like they’re not willing to do.  Good luck.

I originally booked directly with HAL, and then transferred it to the travel agent, for more obc.  He’s always been quite good in the past.

I’m getting ready to call the club orange number and see what they say about availability.

My problem is, if I cancel and rebook, I’m likely to lose my aft balcony…..

On 8/27/2022 at 1:58 AM, colin v said:

I mentioned you to Elena yesterday. Were you a big group of 11?  Either way she was thrilled to hear your shout out!

Yes, we were! Great to hear from her, thank you very much for your mention!

21 hours ago, C&K2Cruise said:

That is my understanding.  We paid $15pp/day but it is a 21 day cruise.  It is $25pp/pd for shorter cruises.  

My TA is saying $25 or $35 pp per day on our cruise, which is 16 days in length.
I'd be willing to do it if it were $15 pp, just for the upgrade to a better cabin within the category.

23 minutes ago, jodi58 said:

We just booked a 14 day cruise and it was $15.00 a day.  Wish they would be consistent!  

We called the number someone posted above and spoke to someone at HAL.
She said Club Orange was available, $15/pp per day.
She also upgraded us to an aft verandah.
She said she'd notify our TA of the changes.
We did get charged another $30 pp for insurance ... 

• Like 2

Just paid $25 p/p/day Club Orange for 11-day cruise.  My HAL PCC stated that cruises over 13 days have a Club Orange charge of $15 p/p/day.

Club Orange updated my lowest verandah category (VH) to highest category (VS) that saved $270 (Cost difference $820 less Club Orange $550).  Add in a few free mimosas each day for additional savings.

• Like 3

I FINALLY got this fixed. Refared,  added club orange, and got the tips included. Should have been refared even lower, but I'm still saving money and got the orange, so it's a win.  After 5 cruises booked, are completed, with  the the agent, who said this couldn't be done, I'll be getting another agent, or just doing it myself, since I orchestrated the whole thing, anyhow.(with ya'lls help.) Thank all of you!

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

I FINALLY got this fixed. Refared,  added club orange, and got the tips included. Should have been refared even lower, but I'm still saving money and got the orange, so it's a win.  After 5 cruises booked, are completed, with  the the agent, who said this couldn't be done, I'll be getting another agent, or just doing it myself, since I orchestrated the whole thing, anyhow.(with ya'lls help.) Thank all of you!

Yay!  Did you go through the CO/Paid Upgrade number or was it through your travel agency?

27 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

I'm so happy this finally worked for you but why do people need to go out of their way to make things harder?  It should have been easy.  I think some TA's want the commission but not the work that goes along with it.  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

I'm so happy this finally worked for you but why do people need to go out of their way to make things harder?  It should have been easy.  I think some TA's want the commission but not the work that goes along with it.  

I know....Right? 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, smileyface1948 said:

Can anyone give me the operating hours of the Club Orange Restaurant?

It’s been my experience that it matches the mdr.  On the koningsdam it was 7:30 to 9 for breakfast on port days and 8 to 9:30 sea days.  It opened at night at 5:15 or 5:30 until 9. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, KAKcruiser said:

There are no windows.  

There are windows between CO and the deck 2 passageway between Half Moon Bar and MDR, but they do not have ocean views.  There are also pax sitting at tables (serviced by Half Moon Bar staff) along the passageway and looking out to sea!  

10 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

There are windows between CO and the deck 2 passageway between Half Moon Bar and MDR, but they do not have ocean views.  There are also pax sitting at tables (serviced by Half Moon Bar staff) along the passageway and looking out to sea!  

Collin is correct, although we were the drinkers at the little tables watching people in Club Orange...

2 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

And that's what I would expect people to do is to look out at the sea.  I've spent a fair amount of time in club orange and not once have I seen people staring into club orange.  I would think there would be a lot more of that in the MDR where every seat is not a window seat.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

And that's what I would expect people to do is to look out at the sea.  I've spent a fair amount of time in club orange and not once have I seen people staring into club orange.  I would think there would be a lot more of that in the MDR where every seat is not a window seat.

The 'people watching' that I am referring to is the flow of pax down the passageway to anytime dining on deck 2 aft.  It is not really possible to look into CO through the windows as they are semi opaque.