Name on vaccine card slightly different than passport but the same as my driver’s license

jxtgreek

My wife had a similar situation with her card showing her shortened name and the passport showing another.  Though in her case, her driver's license and passport both showed her longer name.  Since, at that time (last September) you couldn't cruise without the vaccine proof and they said it must match the name on your id,  we didn't want to take a chance.  She went back to Wal-Mart where she got the shots and she was able to get a new card that matched her passport and boarding pass.  Not sure what the case would be now, though it appears they are being much more relaxed.  Either way, you might check where you go the shots to see if it is possible to get another card just to be on the safe side.

Well the names of all your documents must match, so it's up to how closely they pay attention at the pier. Make sure your phone is charged on embarkation day, because you'll want to be able to capture the breathtaking views of the ship sailing away from the pier.

I would get a new vaccination card if it were me, no question.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, jxtgreek said:

My vaccine card and drivers license name are the same.  My passport is slightly different (John vs Johnnie).. Am I in trouble?

Not to be difficult by why would your Passport and Driver's license have a different name on them? One or the other is inaccurate. 

My vaccine card & vaccine e-doc's show my first & last names.  My passport shows first, middle, last.   I'm pretty careful with international flights to make sure my middle name is there.  I hadn't thought about the vaccine card.   So far no one has questioned the difference.   

I do understand this is different than the OP's situation.   

Edited by ldubs

I don't think you are going to have any issue.  The short version is obviously just that, a shortened version of your full name.  It's not like one says John and another says Fred.

Especially because your drivers license has that name too.  Just be prepared to show your license too if you need to, but I would bet you a dozen doughnuts they won't even notice or question it at all.

2 hours ago, jxtgreek said:

My vaccine card and drivers license name are the same.  My passport is slightly different (John vs Johnnie).. Am I in trouble?

Does you driver's license have your picture on it?  If it does I would think 2 forms of photo ID would be sufficient.  Your vaccination card matches your driver's license, the picture on the driver's license matches your passport picture.  You could also bring along a copy of your birth certificate depending upon what name it shows.  I also like ledges1 suggestion of running the information through Verifly.  It you get a green check you only have to show that at check in, no paperwork.

6 hours ago, mz-s said:

Well the names of all your documents must match, so it's up to how closely they pay attention at the pier. Make sure your phone is charged on embarkation day, because you'll want to be able to capture the breathtaking views of the ship sailing away from the pier.

Those Dale Carnegie tapes, did they arrive? Seriously, you state an absolute without a verified case. That's speculation.

To the OP: call Carnival, explain the situation. There will be your answer. Have them email you the results of your conversation and print it off.

2 hours ago, BallFour4 said:

Those Dale Carnegie tapes, did they arrive? Seriously, you state an absolute without a verified case. That's speculation.

To the OP: call Carnival, explain the situation. There will be your answer. Have them email you the results of your conversation and print it off.

The people on Carnival's 1-800 line will tell you whatever it takes to get you off the phone, and will be long gone when you're sitting at the pier arguing with the crew there (who do not work for Carnival and do not have to answer to Carnival).

53 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The people on Carnival's 1-800 line will tell you whatever it takes to get you off the phone, and will be long gone when you're sitting at the pier arguing with the crew there (who do not work for Carnival and do not have to answer to Carnival).

Which is remarkably different from our experiences dating back to the Mardi Gras in 1976... 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BallFour4 said:

Which is remarkably different from our experiences dating back to the Mardi Gras in 1976... 

This is an entirely different world than 1976, Rip Van Winkle.

19 minutes ago, nybumpkin said:

We sailed two cruises this summer, two different lines (one Carnival), both with info uploaded to Verifly. No one asked to see either our cards or the app with our data.

Although I really dislike the thought of uploading my personal information to a third party company's servers, this is probably one instance I'd use Verifly as well. If Verifly accepts it then you're good to go.

26 minutes ago, mz-s said:

This is an entirely different world than 1976, Rip Van Winkle.

Interesting when you run out of content you drop down to name calling. Along with that, you have no idea of my families cruise history that will grow by one more in a few hours. 
In your refusal to accept that someone might not fall into an absolute you suggested you've gone off on a trail to include challenging an unknown. 
 I originally stated to the OP there might not be an absolute you'd stated, and to find out via a phone call and verify via email. 
 Your response was to challenge the efficiency of their team and then call me a name. 
 Finally, the employees here in the terminal in Galveston are part-time employees for Carnival, they were hired and trained by them and are a great group of people. 

Edited by BallFour4

9 hours ago, BallFour4 said:

Interesting when you run out of content you drop down to name calling. Along with that, you have no idea of my families cruise history that will grow by one more in a few hours. 
In your refusal to accept that someone might not fall into an absolute you suggested you've gone off on a trail to include challenging an unknown. 
 I originally stated to the OP there might not be an absolute you'd stated, and to find out via a phone call and verify via email. 
 Your response was to challenge the efficiency of their team and then call me a name. 
 Finally, the employees here in the terminal in Galveston are part-time employees for Carnival, they were hired and trained by them and are a great group of people. 

Thanks for the summary. I am not sure it was necessary.

If you want to show up at the pier with mismatching documents, more power to you. It makes no difference to me.

On 8/24/2022 at 9:57 PM, BallFour4 said:

Just curious, are you coming back to the Save the Turtles post?