No more towel animals: How many more cabins do the stewards have to clean?

fstuff1

If you are being serious, I did a little historical Cruise Critic reading just now, and it sounds like they work in pairs, and it ranged from around 20-35 per pair back in 2010-2013. Maybe someone has asked recently, or could make a point of asking on their next cruise.

They do not work in pairs.

Towel animals were discontinued for a few reasons, one of which was the environmental impact of washing the towels.

The number of cabins assigned to a room steward varies according to ship occupancy.  On our cruise last month our steward had 16 cabins.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Why would they be assigned extra cabins because they aren't making towel animals?

There is no reason why (and I suspect that you already know that). However, we have to remember that some posters feel compelled to start threads...not for the information, but to see what sort of reaction they can stir up.

• Like 5

If the cabin steward has the time, them they can make towel animals.  If they don't have time, they wont.  I personally don't want them wasting their time on making them for us as I will just destroy it right away. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

They do not work in pairs.

Towel animals were discontinued for a few reasons, one of which was the environmental impact of washing the towels.

I do request the towel animals and I don't feel badly about it.  I'm in a cabin by myself so I rarely use all of my towels.  And if they're in short supply, he can short me; I'll reuse the ones he used to create the animal.

Maybe it costs my room steward an extra minute or two, but I've compensated him for it.  The towel animals usually get a better reaction on my social media than the scenic pics.

Edited by phillygwm
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

With the time saved in no longer have to do towel animals, how many additional cabins are assigned to each steward?

16 standard cabins or 10 Haven suites.

The Haven suites are by far the more difficult job. Even though the room steward is paired with a butler, the time and effort to clean a Haven room to the expected standards is daunting since most have additional passengers where beds have to be set up every night and torn down every morning. 

• Thanks 1