Athens to Airport

RetiredandTravel

Is anyone familiar with getting to the Athens airport from the SB cruise terminal.

Is there enough time to get to the airport  for a 12 noon international flight?  Its on a Sunday which I would think would help and read its about 40 minutes.

Is it possible to request leaving in the early group from the ship on Seabourn?

ty

Edited by RetiredandTravel

Of course, the most important item is one you don't mention.

What time can you disembark from the ship?

Get off the ship at 6am - no problem.  Get off at 11am - no way.

The best indicator is what the cruiseline recommends for your flights home, as they factor in the anticipated arrival time.

SB provides a shuttle to airport if you get the flights through them. The shuttle is also available for a fee if you get flights on your own.  They will also offer transport plus a tour for those with late flights.

These options are made available on board, not on the website.  There is something similar for all disembarking pax in all ports.  You will get a sign up form 2 or 3 days before the end of the cruise.  

If you have any concerns, ask the staff at Seabourn Square when you board.

Edited by marazul
  • Thanks 1

We embarked/disembarked in Athens in May of 2022.  We used Seabourn FlightEase, booked direct flights, business class from our home airport.  Seabourn provided transfer from airport to hotel to ship and ship to hotel to airport as we booked a pre/post night in Athens.  The transport was via private car/van, the drivers were prompt, courteous and pleasant to deal with.  The trip from airport to downtown was around 45 minutes.  From downtown to ship close to an hour.  The airport and pier are on opposite sides of a mountain so not sure how long that transit would be…our flight left at noon and our driver picked us up around 8:30.

• Thanks 1

I would arrange a private transfer.  Ship transfers can be delayed waiting for other passengers.  Taxis may be non-existent at the particular time you need them.  A pre-arranged transfer removes the agita – and to me that's worth possibly paying a little more.

• Like 2

The OP booked flights through Seabourn. If the flight is at a time when many other pax have flights, there will be a shuttle bus provided. If the flight is at some odd time, a car and driver will be provided.  SB will notify pax of the arrangements when they are on board.  Nothing to worry about. 

Edited by marazul
  • Thanks 1

Thanks all.  Much appreciated.

We usually make our own flight arrangements.  So we will probably go with a private car.  We will be staying at a hotel in Athens for three days prior so maybe we can have them arrange the car.  

If I use a private car can I put in a request for a time to leave the ship once disembarkation has begun?

If anyone has used a private car service in Athens please let me know.

I haven't been able to find a list of the cities that are included in Flightease, does anyone have a list or is it all cities?

There are no disembarkation times by group. You are free to walk out as soon as the ship gets the all clear. 

Practically all embarkation/disembarkation ports are included in FlightEase.  Athens is definitely one of them.

We have used George's Taxi many times and highly recommend them.

taxigreece.com 

• Thanks 1

On 8/27/2022 at 6:06 PM, RetiredandTravel said:

Is anyone familiar with getting to the Athens airport from the SB cruise terminal.

Is there enough time to get to the airport  for a 12 noon international flight?  Its on a Sunday which I would think would help and read its about 40 minutes.

Is it possible to request leaving in the early group from the ship on Seabourn?

ty

I second “George The Famous Taxi Driver” although George himself I suspect is long retired. They are somewhat of an institution for arriving or departing passengers in Athens.

You should be in the taxi no later than 3.5 hours before your flight departure time. 4 hours would be safer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1