Online check in

pop5

7 minutes ago, pop5 said:

Been couple of years and can't remember... What time can you log in on check in day to choose boarding time? 

at 12:01 am.  I normally do it around 6 and never have problems getting the first time.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for bumping a slightly older thread, but my question pertains to this. What is the earliest time slot they let (non suite) people board the ship? Do people with disabilities board earlier? (My stepmom is in a wheelchair.) 

We would like to get on board the ship as early as possible to start making the most of our day (I understand we will need to keep our carry on luggage with us until much later in the day.) 

I am an early bird and normally go to bed around 10pm and up around 6-7am. Should I stay up til midnight to make sure we get an early time slot or does the wheelchair bypass time slots? 

I think 10:30am is the earliest boarding time (at least for Independence and Harmony out of Port Canaveral). I just got a 10:30am for our October cruise, and I checked-in around 6:15am. Use the Royal app on your phone because you can just go in and select the boarding time, and go back later and finish the rest of the check-in. There is a priority order for boarding, with Suites, Pinnacles, Diamond+, Diamond (I think) and Key boarding before the time-slot boarding begins. I'm not sure if wheelchair boards earlier.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Cyndi874 said:

Sorry for bumping a slightly older thread, but my question pertains to this. What is the earliest time slot they let (non suite) people board the ship? Do people with disabilities board earlier? (My stepmom is in a wheelchair.) 

We would like to get on board the ship as early as possible to start making the most of our day (I understand we will need to keep our carry on luggage with us until much later in the day.) 

I am an early bird and normally go to bed around 10pm and up around 6-7am. Should I stay up til midnight to make sure we get an early time slot or does the wheelchair bypass time slots? 

Depends on the ship/port but we normally get the earliest check in which is 10:30.  As a rule, I check in online about 7 am and never have an issue getting the earliest slot.

• Like 1

10am for Oasis. I read by 1:30am that was full but 10:30 was available most of the day. A suite can check in one hour before or after their checkin time so you’d probably be ok doing it in the morning and getting 10:30 then you can show up at 10 with the earliest check in time.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cyndi874 said:

Earliest check in is 10am but it goes quickly.  I checked in for my cruise just after midnight but those on my rollcall that checked in five minutes later could only get 10:30 as the 10 was gone.  Checkin opens at midnight local time of the port city the ship is sailing from.

They are still not doing the priority boarding for crown and anchor levels.  There is priority for suites and pinnacles but then it is just everyone else.  Those in wheelchairs or needing assistance to board are typically directed to another area and on some ships board via a different gangway.

• Like 1

Keep in mind the timeslot you get when you do online check-in at the 45-day mark is not your "boarding time" but it is your "port arrival time".  This is the time you should show up at the terminal to complete the check-in process.  After that, you will be directed to a waiting area until the ship is ready to board.  That wait might be less than 30 minutes, but it could be longer depending on how quickly the ship is cleared by customs.  

• Like 2