North American residents ONLY

drsel

On 8/30/2022 at 3:17 AM, drsel said:

What will happen if a US travel agent books a Holland America or Princess cruise for a non North American resident?

Will the passengers be denied boarding?

OR

Will the passengers be allowed boarding & the agent get penalized ?

Are you asking because you are concerned about being denied boarding? If so, you won’t 😉.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...
On 9/3/2022 at 10:46 AM, SiliconCruiser said:

My reference was not to drop&go prices, but rather to existing prices for U.S. passenger, and where some agents who cater to non-U.S. passengers will find creative means to offer U.S. passenger prices to passengers from outside of the U.S.

Thanks how exactly do they do this?

11 hours ago, antsp said:

Nothing at all, princess have no idea where you live

I guess they would know where you live when you show your passport on boarding day.  For some of our family/friends group cruises folks have book cabins to include non-US citizens.  No one ever blinked an eye.   

8 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I guess they would know where you live when you show your passport on boarding day.  For some of our family/friends group cruises folks have book cabins to include non-US citizens.  No one ever blinked an eye.   

Your passport doesn't have your address on it 

There used to be very complex rules on this but they seem more relaxed now.  There were at some cruise lines exceptions where non-US citizens would be eliglible to book if there was a US citizen in the booking, the passenger had a US postal address, Canadians and Mexicans sometimes were treated differently and finally where non-US citizens hade previously booked the same cruise line with the same TA

.Regards John

• Like 1

1 hour ago, antsp said:

Your passport doesn't have your address on it 

I was thinking passports show country of citizenship.  And yes, I understand one can reside in a country other than what is shown on the passport.  Either way it is kind of a giveaway though in our experience no one at the cruise terminal seems to really care.  Maybe they aren't allowed to ask, IDK.  

47 minutes ago, john watson said:

There used to be very complex rules on this but they seem more relaxed now.  There were at some cruise lines exceptions where non-US citizens would be eliglible to book if there was a US citizen in the booking, the passenger had a US postal address, Canadians and Mexicans sometimes were treated differently and finally where non-US citizens hade previously booked the same cruise line with the same TA

.Regards John

Maybe that is it.  When we booked family from other countries, it was for cabins shared with US citizens.  

On 6/26/2024 at 2:32 AM, ldubs said:

Maybe that is it.  When we booked family from other countries, it was for cabins shared with US citizens.  

My sister stays in New York, and my wife's brothers are in Toronto but how will that help when they are not coming on the cruise?

Edited by drsel

On 6/25/2024 at 6:28 PM, wallyj said:

I recently asked my US travel agency about booking non U.S. passengers and was told that restriction is no longer in place and said he books passengers from all over the world without issues. Was lifted awhile ago.

Anyway, I am glad that these restrictions have been lifted .

Do you know when exactly they were lifted?

48 minutes ago, drsel said:

Anyway, I am glad that these restrictions have been lifted .

Do you know when exactly they were lifted?

I did not ask the travel agent when the restrictions were lifted. I recently asked him because my cousin is taking friends who are Thai citizens to Alaska. I asked if he would be able to book them in their own cabin and he say yes as the restriction was lifted at least a few years ago.

Please enquire with your TA as my sister said she asked another agency and was advised each Thai passenger would need to be booked with a U.S. citizen in each cabin for them to be able to do the booking.

12 hours ago, drsel said:

My sister stays in New York, and my wife's brothers are in Toronto but how will that help when they are not coming on the cruise?

Well, if they aren't going on the cruise then they can't book a shared a cabin.  I was commenting on our experience.