Shareholder OBC questions

scurrymd

16 minutes ago, scurrymd said:

My husband and I are doing a B2B cruise next month and I’ve just learned about the OBC for shareholders. If we were to buy 100 shares now, would we be able to get the credit for those cruises?

Probably.  Don’t delay.  You need to send in a copy of brokerage statement showing ownership but I would presume that the purchase order would suffice.

when next month exactly?

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Probably.  Don’t delay.  You need to send in a copy of brokerage statement showing ownership but I would presume that the purchase order would suffice.

when next month exactly?

The 22nd. 

28 minutes ago, snorkelcruiser said:

I didn't know about the shareholder credit.  What do you get with 100 shares?  Thx

According to the RCL Investor website, shareholders with at least 100 shares receive:

- $250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights

- $100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 13 nights

- $50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less

- Applicable on any eligible Royal Caribbean International or Celebrity Cruises voyage.

- Excludes any charter or Galapagos sailings

On 8/30/2022 at 9:26 PM, scurrymd said:

My husband and I are doing a B2B cruise next month and I’ve just learned about the OBC for shareholders. If we were to buy 100 shares now, would we be able to get the credit for those cruises?

Yes.  Get copy your confirmation of purchase and send in.  Sometimes takes a bit of time to process but persistence pays off.  You can also call if you don’t receive after filing. 

I just bought last week, and had my shareholder credit within a few days. You get an email of an updated receipt with the OBC added, which is nice, since it also had detailed fare breakdown and confirmed that I have all-included on a couple of cruises. The other nice thing is that it appears in your cruise planner, so you can use it to pre-book excursions or packages at a cheaper price ahead of time. Of course, RCL dropped $3 a few days after I bought it, so I gained $300 in OBC but lost $300 in share value. 

10 minutes ago, rj59 said:

I just bought last week, and had my shareholder credit within a few days. You get an email of an updated receipt with the OBC added, which is nice, since it also had detailed fare breakdown and confirmed that I have all-included on a couple of cruises. The other nice thing is that it appears in your cruise planner, so you can use it to pre-book excursions or packages at a cheaper price ahead of time. Of course, RCL dropped $3 a few days after I bought it, so I gained $300 in OBC but lost $300 in share value. 

You'll get that back...that's just a paper loss...

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to report that I downloaded and filled in the form and scanned that and the relevant bits of my brokerage statement, emailed those as attachments to them on Saturday, and here we are on Monday and I received an email indicating that the OBC has been credited already.  That's over a weekend even a day faster (1 business day) than the last time I did it! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am reporting that about 2+ weeks ago I submitted shareholder OBC applications for our next 11 cruises (out to April 2024) .  Despite the fact that I book all our cruises through a TA, X sent me 11 emails tonight confirming each of my shareholder OBC being credited to each of our cruises.  🙂 🙂  

8 hours ago, spotte said:

Has anybody had any luck getting the shareholder credits with blue chip bookings? My BCC booking was $1 per person.  

would submit. The worse that can happen is they say not applicable.

Edited by kathynorth