Holland America announced special Culinary Cruises

BermudaBound2014

This might not be 'new' news to the HAL loyalists, but the article was just printed today. Apparently HAL is bringing aboard special chefs onboard special sailings of the Westerdam, Zaandam, Koningsdam, Nieuw Amsterdam, & Nieuw Statendam for "Culinary Cruise". Dates in the article linked:

image.png.3ffd0df4d07a5e288ce36cb56b7ee651.png

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/holland-america-lines-2022-culinary-130000377.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good to see those HAL culinary council chefs working onboard.....HAL should load up their contracts with requiring the Culinary Council chefs to do so many "required cruises" during the year.  

(Can you picture Rudi holding his pager waiting for his Dive In Burger?)

• Like 1

If the turn out this evening in the Lido, while the Culinary Council dinner was on the MDR, this will be a flop!  I have never seen Lido so busy.  Maybe the Norwegian Dinner helped, but the Cukinary Council is an instant 'avoid at all costs' for us.

More often than not, the items that I have been served with the recipes of  these "experts" have been more misses than even OK.  Hits?  There has not been one!  Rudi's conception and execution of Sel de Mer is an an outstanding exception.  

Princess fares much worth than HAL with this celebrity chef competition.  Chef Curtis Stone's items on the Princess ships on which I have sailed have been dreadful.  One was so bad--never did this before--after two bites, I rejected the dish and told the Steward to put it into the garbage.  

10 hours ago, richstowe said:

Bummer . Chef Burke will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam the cruise after mine .

Would have been fun. Maybe he'll be on my cruise setting up .(Yes I know that's silly)

and the one after, doing the wash up 🤣

• Haha 2