Cruising to Canada end of Oct will covid requirement be lifted

Hi Anybody have any idea if the Covid requirements to get to Canada metro ship will be lifted soon I was looking all over but I haven’t been able to find that information it will be nice if it was that would be a nice surprise if anybody knows if you could please post that I greatly appreciate it

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, goldengirl said:

It’s a pain in the ass as you can bot fill out all th forms till 48 hours ahead. If I knew this sooner I would have chosen another cruise

FYI, you can submit the ArriveCan application up to 72 hours in advance, so you have 50% more time than you think.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, njhorseman said:

FYI, you can submit the ArriveCan application up to 72 hours in advance, so you have 50% more time than you think.

We fly into Canada the day of our cruise on a Sunday so we can fill out the ArriveCan on Thursday or Friday ??

Edited by Ashland

8 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We fly into Canada the day of our cruise on a Sunday so we can fill out the ArriveCan on Thursday or Friday ??

Here are the instructions. They say "No more than 72 hours before boarding your flight".

And "You must also submit a second ArriveCAN submission no more than 72 hours before boarding the cruise. This applies even if your second ArriveCAN submission is within 72 hours of the first submission."

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

• Like 1

3 hours ago, njhorseman said:

Here are the instructions. They say "No more than 72 hours before boarding your flight".

And "You must also submit a second ArriveCAN submission no more than 72 hours before boarding the cruise. This applies even if your second ArriveCAN submission is within 72 hours of the first submission."

https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/cruise

Thanks....Having to submit the 2nd one is what seems redundant to me since we'll be boarding the ship less than probably 2 hours from landing...JMHO...that means nothing of course. But we'll of course comply with whatever it takes to board our cruise ship.

On 9/1/2022 at 12:19 AM, goldengirl said:

Hi Anybody have any idea if the Covid requirements to get to Canada metro ship will be lifted soon I was looking all over but I haven’t been able to find that information it will be nice if it was that would be a nice surprise if anybody knows if you could please post that I greatly appreciate it

Hi, I don't believe anyone on Cruise Critic will be able to answer that question.  I could be wrong of course and maybe someone who works for Canadian Govt chats on here and knows these things but I seriously doubt it.  Best thing is to just prepare and fill out the paperwork required. If some kind of press release comes out and says nothing is needed? Well, that would be the big surprise🙂

• Like 1

Well, here you go........this is an article about possible upcoming changes to the requirements for entering the country. Looks like things will change at the end of this month, although it is not set in stone...........but this article was published yesterday.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-canada-to-drop-covid-19-vaccine-requirement-for-entering-country-on/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lois R said:

Well, here you go........this is an article about possible upcoming changes to the requirements for entering the country. Looks like things will change at the end of this month, although it is not set in stone...........but this article was published yesterday.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-canada-to-drop-covid-19-vaccine-requirement-for-entering-country-on/

That is sounding hopeful 

No more mandatory ArriveCan as of 10/1 and no more pre-Cruise testing requirements.  It is up to your cruise line to decide whether or not to lift the pre-cruise testing requirements, but I suspect that they may because of the canadian government decison: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2022/09/government-of-canada-to-remove-covid-19-border-and-travel-measures-effective-october-1.html

• Like 2