Embarkation Day

Dudeljo

Hi,

never went on an Azamara Cruise before. 

I'm wondering: how do you know what time you're expected to be embarking? Can you choose a time slot when you check in online? When can you do this, how many days in advance?

Or do they send you an e-mail with a time slot? When will you know? How many days/weeks in advance?

Is it only possible to be there during your time slot? Or when you, for instance, arrive early, can you come on board or do you have to wait outside? 

I'm asking this because I have to make a reservation for a transfer to the port. 

Thank you.

Gr. Jo

Firstly I would hold on making the transfer reservation to port until you have done your online check in so you know the times.

Typically about 4-6 weeks before your cruise you get an email if you have given the cruise line your address inviting you to do online check in.  At that time you will be presented with an option of time slots.  You do not say what port you are embarking at.  The rules and what happens if you arrive early varies from port to port.  Some do not allow you to enter the terminal.  Currently no one can board before about 14.00 or so.  

Thank you. Very informative. I will embark in Rome. I will arrive at the airport at 9.10 am (at least that's the schedule) so I can take my time at the airport, have Italian breakfast, shop a little and have no stress. Like it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dudeljo said:

I'm asking this because I have to make a reservation for a transfer to the port. 

Thank you.

Gr. Jo

The drive is about 90 minutes. When making your booking, ensure your driver is licensed to actually enter the port to drop you at your ship.

We used the same firm on two consecutive occasions some years ago. The first time we were dropped at the ship. The second time we were dropped well outside the port area because the driver was not licensed to enter the port area! We were not even anywhere near the shuttle which we then had to find some distance away, via a local bus. Ended up boarding close to two hours later than expected!

This is useful thread.

We're sailing from Athens later this month and we forgot to do check in until about a week or so ago.  The earliest time we were offered was 2pm.  We thought this was becuase we were later checking in.  We're used to sailing with Celebrity and Oceania since covid and they start at 11am and haven't sailed Azamara since 2019.

Is 2pm now the earliest then as we'll need to arrange our taxi accordingly?  Was hoping a little earlier as we're in a suite but if 2pm earliest, we'll enjoy Athens in the morning and grab some lunch before heading to the ship.

Edited by missminnie

23 hours ago, santrah said:

I have a question too....we are in a suite and are embarking in Monte Carlo can we drop our luggage off during the morning following  checking out of our hotel and return later to check in and board later in the day ?

Certain you can’t drop luggage and return, nor complete check in and boarding to then leave the ship on embarkation day. 
Tried doing this many years ago in Istanbul.  Quite sure someone else will be along to confirm or deny.

52 minutes ago, RW75 said:

Certain you can’t drop luggage and return, nor complete check in and boarding to then leave the ship on embarkation day. 
Tried doing this many years ago in Istanbul.  Quite sure someone else will be along to confirm or deny.

Although what you’ve said seems accurate, in Barcelona I’m not sure how they would have known when I checked in my bags as the areas seemed separate and disjoint in that there wasn’t any direction to where checkin was.  

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RW75 said:

have only been able to do this when the first night was an overnight in  the embarkation port

On 9/5/2022 at 3:23 PM, kent4489 said:

I agree that it probably depends on port. We sailed in June from Ravenna and were given an open time from 1pm-4pm. 

We sail from Ravenna on Oct 7 and were given a specific time to check in, 2:30. Perhaps we’ll show up early? 

18 hours ago, Carol01 said:

We sail from Ravenna on Oct 7 and were given a specific time to check in, 2:30. Perhaps we’ll show up early? 

I'm not sure. Most people on this board say that you should show up at allotted time. We only had around 300 passengers so maybe that's why they gave us an open time. We had booked a CC suite, so maybe that's the reason. I don't know. As it turned out, we arrived at 12:45 (we had a private driver from Bologna). There were others already there. They checked our bags right in and we went inside to check in. Then they seated us in a "holding area", suite passengers on one side, everyone else on the other. After a short wait, they boarded the suite passengers first. All very organized and not too long of a wait.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, malony33 said:

I'm embarking from Fort Lauderdale. I am an AZAMARA newbie in a veranda. Does anyone know the ins and outs of boarding at this port?

Many thanks.

Believe the schedules from next November are the first time Azamara have use Fort Lauderdale.  There are basic details on the embarkation info page. 
https://www.azamara.co.uk/fort-lauderdale-florida-cruises#boarding-directions