Excursion expertise needed !!

LobsterStalker

Hello all.

Second time doing the ABC's .

I am really struggling with finding something to do on Bonaire this time around. We don't generally do a lot of excursions ,Some nice snorkel tours or Often times just look for a nice beach to chill for the day , or if it is a place we have been to multiple times we sometimes would enjoy just staying on and enjoying the more empty ship for the day .However In this case we are going to be doing B2B (Symphony followed by Explorer) , and I think that will be enuf ship time for sure. Also with Curacao and Aruba being such beautiful beach stops, the subpar beach we experienced last time around in Bonaire is not too enticing.  Have looked through Viator , as well as ship sponsored tours and haven't seemed to come up with much of value.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

Open to all ideas.

Thx

@topspotHow deep is the water that you snorkel in with them? I'm a real fraidy-cat snorkeler. I can handle floating on the surface but diving down freaks me out (and not being able to see the bottom would freak me out too!). Do you have to dive down a lot to see things (that's the impression I got from the video on their web site). Thanks!

• Like 1

You do not have to dive down to see, in fact I can not dive do to an ear issue.  You will be in deep water, when you first enter water from the sailboat, it is deep, but then you swim closer to shore.  They will have pool noodles for you to use, and snorkel vest if you'd like.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, topspot said:

You do not have to dive down to see, in fact I can not dive do to an ear issue.  You will be in deep water, when you first enter water from the sailboat, it is deep, but then you swim closer to shore.  They will have pool noodles for you to use, and snorkel vest if you'd like.

You'll be in deep water and floating over protected coral beds the entire time you are in the water.

NEVER put your flippers down or even try to stand, you'll damage the very delicate corals. 

When owner Dee leads the floats, she gives a very informative tutorial on dos and don'ts of kicking and flippers in order to protect the reef system. 

• 2 weeks later...

Did you just bring your own snorkel and beach stuff and rome around until a spot looked good?  This seems like a great idea.  Did you find any nice spots for beach, or snorkel, or food/beverages?  We are there all day.  

Edited by rizkeeper

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/9/2022 at 1:02 PM, UKCatFan said:

Checkout Bonaire Cruisers. You can rent a golf cart for the day and go see lots of sights on the island. You can stop at many beaches along the way and just enjoy or snorkel. We are doing this on our Equinox cruise in November.

http://www.bonairecruisers.com/

I couldn't find prices on their website.  Any idea how much to rent golf cart for the day?

Guest SunnyDrea

A drift snorkel at Klein Bonaire is excellent. Take a water taxi over and enjoy one of the best snorkel experiences.  

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I couldn't find prices on their website.  Any idea how much to rent golf cart for the day?

I think it is $95/2 person cart. If you are interested you should go ahead and contact them because I think they fill up fast.

On 9/5/2022 at 1:19 PM, LobsterStalker said:

Hello all.

Second time doing the ABC's .

I am really struggling with finding something to do on Bonaire this time around. We don't generally do a lot of excursions ,Some nice snorkel tours or Often times just look for a nice beach to chill for the day , or if it is a place we have been to multiple times we sometimes would enjoy just staying on and enjoying the more empty ship for the day .However In this case we are going to be doing B2B (Symphony followed by Explorer) , and I think that will be enuf ship time for sure. Also with Curacao and Aruba being such beautiful beach stops, the subpar beach we experienced last time around in Bonaire is not too enticing.  Have looked through Viator , as well as ship sponsored tours and haven't seemed to come up with much of value.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

Open to all ideas.

Thx

I highly recommend klein bonaire.  Afterwards go to Divi or Eden and have a bite to eat plus more snorkeling.  Try to find an excursion that goes to the national park both for snorkeling and off roading.

On 10/1/2022 at 12:49 PM, Sunshine3601 said:

I just did reserved yesterday, $100 for a cart for 2 or $130 for a cart for 4. No deposit required for booking. You can go snorkeling and use their cart. You rent for the entire day

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2022 at 5:10 PM, Lojay2 said:

I just did reserved yesterday, $100 for a cart for 2 or $130 for a cart for 4. No deposit required for booking. You can go snorkeling and use their cart. You rent for the entire day

Wow, when we contacted BC, they indicated they do not have 4 passenger golf carts. I'll have DH try again and see what their resonse is. Really wanted to head south for a few hours and then do a beach stop before we returned to town and got back onto the ship.

Darcy