Checking in alcohol during embarkation

edgeman61

We will be in Vancouver for a couple of days prior to our Pacific Coastal cruise at the end of this month.

We would like to buy a bottle or two of spirits that we cannot get back in the U.S.

Will Princess allow us to check them in to be held until disembarkation in Los Angeles?

Thanks for any responses.

1 hour ago, geoherb said:

The official policy is that only wine is allowed at embarkation. Whether they enforce that policy or not is arbitrary. 

Spirits will be tagged and stored for the passenger and delivered to the passenger's stateroom on the last evening before disembarkation.  Same applies to any liquor purchased from the gift shop or from port calls.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Spirits will be tagged and stored for the passenger and delivered to the passenger's stateroom on the last evening before disembarkation.  Same applies to any liquor purchased from the gift shop or from port calls.

I'd add as long as the guest is up-front about it and declares it.  Attempting to sneak it on and get caught most likely means the alcohol is forfeited.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I'd add as long as the guest is up-front about it and declares it.  Attempting to sneak it on and get caught most likely means the alcohol is forfeited.

I don't think I’ve ever heard of alcohol being permanently forfeited….anyone who doesn’t speak up still gets it back from what I’m told. 

5 minutes ago, vjmatty said:

I don't think I’ve ever heard of alcohol being permanently forfeited….anyone who doesn’t speak up still gets it back from what I’m told. 

That's been my experience as well.  Generally they don't really seem to care when passengers are returning from port calls.  But people who have been caught with alcohol at embarkation normally gets it tagged and it is returned to them on the last day of the cruise.

19 hours ago, SiliconCruiser said:

Depending on ship and crew. 1st time I had knock on door the last night and was handed my bottle with tag on it. 2nd time. Last night I walked back to the cabin to find my bottle sitting on the deck outside the cabin door.  Was lucky it was still there.

Bob

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, 4x4bob said:

Depending on ship and crew. 1st time I had knock on door the last night and was handed my bottle with tag on it. 2nd time. Last night I walked back to the cabin to find my bottle sitting on the deck outside the cabin door.  Was lucky it was still there.

Bob

I've just taken it to the stateroom when I got back on the ship.