Update 09/06/22: Vaccination and Testing Requirements

LACruiser88

1 minute ago, Loveh2ofl said:

I just received the email too - we're booked on the jan world cruise and got an exemption but if we can't get one wrt to booster (we're fully vaccinated) - will be canceling a trip of a lifetime in the next couple of days.

It would probably be smart to wait a few weeks and get the new booster which will be a lot safer against the new variants. There is no real reason to not get a booster.

We just got an email to inform us our Regal transatlantic from Rome is the Enhanced Guidelines cruise so will be subj to negative test taken 3 days before cruise.  

We fly from London to Rome the day before the cruise, arrive Rome in the evening.   I guess we can do our Antigen tests in London the day before our flight to Rome?   That would be day 3, the next day flying to Rome would be day 2, and the next day boarding the cruise would be day 1.  

Can someone kindly check my math / understanding of the timeline to meet the test requirement.

Edited by nho9504
Typo

3 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

We just got an email to inform us our Regal transatlantic from Rome is the Enhanced Guidelines cruise so will be subj to negative test taken 3 days before cruise.  

We only arrive Rome from London the evening before the cruise.  I guess we can do our Antigen tests in London the day before our flight to Rome?   That would be day 3, the next day flying to Rome would be day 2, and the next day boarding the cruise would be day 1.  

Can someone check my math / understanding of the timeline to meet the test requirement.

Boarding is day 0.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

We only arrive Rome from London the evening before the cruise.  I guess we can do our Antigen tests in London the day before our flight to Rome?   That would be day 3, the next day flying to Rome would be day 2, and the next day boarding the cruise would be day 1.  

Can someone check my math / understanding of the timeline to meet the test requirement.

I’ve always understood it’s 3 days before embarkation day. For example, if embarkation day is on a Saturday, you can test as early as Wednesday.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Loveh2ofl said:

I just received the email too - we're booked on the jan world cruise and got an exemption but if we can't get one wrt to booster (we're fully vaccinated) - will be canceling a trip of a lifetime in the next couple of days.

That’s a shame. I would think, with the world cruise, they would want you up to date, just because of the different government restrictions, but this could change.  You’re final payment is probably coming up this month. Check with your

TA/CVP or PCL if you booked directly.

See what your options are. 

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

That’s a shame. I would think, with the world cruise, they would want you up to date, just because of the different government restrictions, but this could change.  You’re final payment is probably coming up this month. Check with your

TA/CVP or PCL if you booked directly.

See what your options are. 

Princess has to jump through a lot of hoops getting various governments to allow them to cruise there. It seems that "science" depends on where you are.

8 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

We fly from London to Rome the day before the cruise, arrive Rome in the evening.   I guess we can do our Antigen tests in London the day before our flight to Rome?   That would be day 3, the next day flying to Rome would be day 2, and the next day boarding the cruise would be day 1.  

Can someone kindly check my math / understanding of the timeline to meet the test requirement.

Yes, @KenTheCruiseris correct.  You could test anytime on Weds, Thurs, Fri

if your sailing is on a Saturday.  You could even test on Saturday, IF you get the results back in time

• Like 1

Redo my math.

Boarding day is day 0, 11/17 Thursday. 

We can do the antigen test on day 3, 11/14  Monday the earliest.  Right?

I think it is much saver to do the test in London than do it in Rome in the morning of day 0, 11/17.  Besides test report issued in London will be in English. No translation needed. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, eajung66 said:

Hi, how are you doing your pre-cruise testing?  Online?  I've got the government issues tests at home but know only certain sources will be accepted and someone has to watch you do it so just wondering what the best options are that will be accepted. I didn't want to pay Optum RX as suggested on their website $70 when I already have brand new unopened test kits at home. I'm on the Enchanted 10/15 so a month behind you... 

We are traveling to NYC before the testing timelines, so we decided to go to a clinic in Manhattan.  My HMO will reimburse me for the costs. I realize this is  probably not an option for everyone.  

I had read the US government has stopped the proctored sessions, but I am not sure.  But if the sessions are still available and your test is not expired, I would think that would be acceptable.  Here is an article that might help. it’s still,a few months old though. 
https://thepointsguy.com/guide/government-covid-test-for-international-travel/

28 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Me too.  You’re probably on a longer cruise like we are.  Enhanced cruises are longer and more cases are probable. Hence, masks are possible.  I’m glad they are sending specific requirements out to everyone on the Enhanced cruises. 

Here’s the verbage for those on Enhanced cruises, so you know what to expect… for now anyway.

Quote:

Welcome! We're thrilled that you have chosen Princess Cruises for your vacation. We can't wait to help you create those "only on Princess" moments.

Since you are sailing on an Enhanced Guidelines voyage we wanted to share some important information for your upcoming cruise:

• You must be fully vaccinated and up to date which means you have received all the doses in an authorized or approved primary COVID-19 vaccine series at least 14 days prior to embarkation. Up to date means that a guest is fully vaccinated, and received at least 1 booster dose, if eligible before embarkation. Guests are considered "up to date" from the date of receiving their booster dose.
  • Please remember to upload your proof of vaccination while getting OceanReady.
  • You must also upload proof of a supervised negative test taken within 3 days of boarding.
  • Guests may also have to wear masks and undergo testing during the voyage.

Additional information on our onboard guidelines can be found at our CruiseHealth site.

Unquote

It is a unclear on what "up to date" is.   If I have had the primary series and 1 booster, that would imply to me that I am "up to date"   However, in Canada, we are up to date if we have taken all of the boosters that we are eligible for(which could mean 2 boosters in many cases).   A lot of people are holding off on the second booster as they would prefer to get the bivalent booster.

18 minutes ago, NownZen said:

It would probably be smart to wait a few weeks and get the new booster which will be a lot safer against the new variants. There is no real reason to not get a booster.

We’re getting the Updated vaccine when it’s available, a month before our cruise, hopefully.

2 minutes ago, tert333 said:

It is a unclear on what "up to date" is.   If I have had the primary series and 1 booster, that would imply to me that I am "up to date"   However, in Canada, we are up to date if we have taken all of the boosters that we are eligible for(which could mean 2 boosters in many cases).   A lot of people are holding off on the second booster as they would prefer to get the bivalent booster.

Up to date is spelled out in the email. It is one booster. We have had two and will be getting the new booster as soon as it is available.

9 minutes ago, tert333 said:

It does say clearly for Enhanced voyages, fully vaccinated and 1 booster.  If you have more or the updated vaccine, that’s great.  
This is for Enhanced voyages. 

26 minutes ago, NownZen said:

We have lots of reasons why we don't want to get boosted - which is why we asked for (and are marked as having) exemptions.  But the new email makes no reference to that possibility and we have to make final payment in the next few days.

13 minutes ago, Loveh2ofl said:

We have lots of reasons why we don't want to get boosted - which is why we asked for (and are marked as having) exemptions.  But the new email makes no reference to that possibility and we have to make final payment in the next few days.

Understand. If you have an exemption, just check with whomever you booked with for clarity, in your situation.

Best of luck to you.

• Thanks 1

The ArriveCan app/website is clear that fully vaccinated travelers don't need to test. Has anyone found this not to be true? I just wish the Princess website reflected this same information which is why there's so much confusion!

Pre-entry testing is not required

Pre-entry tests are not required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water. You must still use ArriveCAN within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada.

To qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller to Canada, you must:

• have received at least 2 doses of a COVID-19 vaccine accepted for travel, a mix of 2 accepted vaccines
    • or at least 1 dose of the Janssen  (Johnson & Johnson, Ad26.COV2.S (JNJ-78436735)) vaccine
  • have received your second dose at least 14 calendar days before you enter Canada
    • Example: if your second dose was anytime on Thursday, July 1, then Thursday, July 15 would be the first day that you meet the 14 day condition
    • this timing is only required for your second dose, not for third or fourth doses
  • have no signs or symptoms of COVID-19
  • have ArriveCAN receipt with letter A, I, or V beside your name by uploading proof of vaccination in ArriveCAN
Edited by Odonpeg
added sentence

1 hour ago, Loveh2ofl said:

There are two sets of requirements, the internal Princess requirements and the various government requirements. Princess cannot change the government requirements so it is simple--if you refuse to get boosted, then cancel the cruise.

13 minutes ago, NownZen said:

There are two sets of requirements, the internal Princess requirements and the various government requirements. Princess cannot change the government requirements so it is simple--if you refuse to get boosted, then cancel the cruise.

Yes and i have been following all our stops - Greece is the only country that still requires a booster - and only for those arriving on ships - if you arrive by plane/train - don't even have to show that you're vaccinated.  The 'rule of 270 days' is gone everywhere.  That doesn't mean countries won't revert.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Odonpeg said:

The ArriveCan app/website is clear that fully vaccinated travelers don't need to test. Has anyone found this not to be true? I just wish the Princess website reflected this same information which is why there's so much confusion!

Pre-entry testing is not required

Pre-entry tests are not required for fully vaccinated travellers entering Canada by land, air or water. You must still use ArriveCAN within 72 hours before your arrival to Canada.

The excerpt you posted refers to regular watercraft as in ferries or pleasure craft.  There are special provisions for cruise ships.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

This shows updated as of today, but I can't find what is different from before???

I know this will sound silly, but probably one of the big changes to the site was dropping all the rules in effect prior to  Sept 6.  

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

The excerpt you posted refers to regular watercraft as in ferries or pleasure craft.  There are special provisions for cruise ships.

Thank you for clarifying. I didn't realize they were distinguishing between the two. 

• Like 1