Shuttle Buses

amajaa

Evening All,

I will wade through the above on Friday when I have a day off from work and provide some updates.  Before I do can anyone message me with where the dock was at:

• Malta
  • Villerfranche
  • Monaco
  • Mallorca
  • Gilbraltar
  • Athens
  • Barcelona
  • Venice, and where the water taxi dropped off.
  • Dubai

***PEDANTRY ALERT*** 

Sorry to ask but I like these things correct when it comes to a map and shuttle buses.  Occupational hazard.  If I don't know I will not add it.

*** END OF PEDANTRY***

It will take me a few days but I will do it.  The PDF someone attached is quite useful but the Mark 1 eyeball is even better!

6 minutes ago, Red Leicester said:

Evening All,

I will wade through the above on Friday when I have a day off from work and provide some updates.  Before I do can anyone message me with where the dock was at:

• Malta
  • Villerfranche
  • Monaco
  • Mallorca
  • Gilbraltar
  • Athens
  • Barcelona
  • Venice, and where the water taxi dropped off.
  • Dubai

***PEDANTRY ALERT*** 

Sorry to ask but I like these things correct when it comes to a map and shuttle buses.  Occupational hazard.  If I don't know I will not add it.

*** END OF PEDANTRY***

It will take me a few days but I will do it.  The PDF someone attached is quite useful but the Mark 1 eyeball is even better!

For Malta it is in Valetta just up the road from the Barrakka lift. Believe its classed has The Grand Harbour. Monaco is Quai de la Nouvelle Digue. Palma De Mallorca is Puerto Palma. Gibraltar only uses one part for cruise ships (North Mole, Gibraltar Harbour). Athens is port of Piraeus. Port of Barcelona is the only one. Venice is Santa Chiara, water taxi operate just across from the ship don't remember the drop off point sorry. Dubai P&O used Port Rashid but just the other week QM2 arrived at Dubai Harbour next to Palm Jumeirah.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kkmdh said:

Coming into Steinwerder on March 12th...best plan for getting into town a bus or is there a boat?

Maybe check out this https://www.whatsinport.com/Hamburg.htm

There is a link   on there  Poert location on googlemaps   which shows a railway station

fairly near the dock that goes to the town centre.

Perhaps post back how you get on - we are going later this year but not sure where

docked yet.

On 2/15/2023 at 12:23 AM, devonuk said:

A few updates for your list… Arecife is a complete waste of money and a bit of an embarrassment to use even if you’re on a select fare, for those that have used it recently you’ll know what I mean 🤦‍♂️

Hamburg… the Iona had so many passengers yesterday that there were 3 drop off locations in play. Rotterdam tomorrow… Iona again, no shuttle is being provided at all. 
Ps… In Hamburg we moored at the Konprinzkai Sternwerder terminal which doesn’t allow for easy access into the centre and a bit of a hike if you fancy walking in. 

We used it last week in Areciffe. Not a complete waste of time when it's raining. Not embarrassed in the slightest.

14 hours ago, kkmdh said:

Coming into Steinwerder on March 12th...best plan for getting into town a bus or is there a boat?

We caught the local ferry from Steinwerder - 15ish minutes walk (Google Maps) to Argentinienbrucke stop, got a cheap day ticket, simple, peaceful, uncrowded, with lovely views of Hamburg. My friend spent half of the day on ferries up and down the coast. Some people found the MSC shuttles quite a scramble. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Cardiff girl said:

We caught the local ferry from Steinwerder - 15ish minutes walk (Google Maps) to Argentinienbrucke stop, got a cheap day ticket, simple, peaceful, uncrowded, with lovely views of Hamburg. My friend spent half of the day on ferries up and down the coast. Some people found the MSC shuttles quite a scramble. 

we're on MSC like the above poster and dock in Hamburg on a Sunday when I believe there are no ferries. I think we're going with the MSC shuttle. 

Yes I think boats are not running since it is a Sunday.  So far MSC saying they are not offering a shuttle, but have read elsewhere that they will, but not advertise it until right before...I am hoping many of the shops and museums will still be open though?

41 minutes ago, kkmdh said:

Yes I think boats are not running since it is a Sunday.  So far MSC saying they are not offering a shuttle, but have read elsewhere that they will, but not advertise it until right before...I am hoping many of the shops and museums will still be open though?

I think you'll find that virtually all shops shut in Germany on a Sunday. Not a great day for a visit. 

• 1 month later...
On 9/25/2022 at 7:13 PM, Red Leicester said:

On Britannia in the Baltics and in summary thus far:

Kiel - no shuttles, docked in the centre, leave the port, head right and follow the blue line in the pavement.  No shuttle bus needed and none provided.

Stockholm - shuttle provided and £5 per person each way.  Select was free, Mrs RL and me were not charged and are on a Select fare.  Journey time was 15 mins and drops off / picks up outside the Opera House.  Plenty of buses and coaches, buses certainly accessible to all but could only take one wheelchair at a time.

Helsinki - shuttle provided and £4 per person each way.  Select was free, Mrs RL and me were not charged and are on a Select fare.  Journey time was 10 mins and drops off / picks up outside Makasiiniterminaali.  This is a 2-3 min walk to the market and 10 mins from the main department store. Plenty of buses and coaches, buses certainly accessible to all but could only take one wheelchair at a time.

Cards scanned getting on bus in both directions.  Always a bus waiting at port and in the towns / cities.  Masks not mandated and no warned by most.

As ever if you are tall and getting on the bus (rather than the coach) then mind your head getting into the back seats and also watch for luggage racks above in any seat.

Do you, or anyone here, know the Stockholm port name where the Britannia docks? The last time we visited Stockholm with NCL, we were docked quite a way away in Nymashamn but based on descriptions here, it seems the Britannia docks actually in, or near, Stockholm itself. 

2 hours ago, kcdionysus said:

Do you, or anyone here, know the Stockholm port name where the Britannia docks? The last time we visited Stockholm with NCL, we were docked quite a way away in Nymashamn but based on descriptions here, it seems the Britannia docks actually in, or near, Stockholm itself. 

Last September it docked at berth S167, Stadsgarden.

I think the shuttle bus was £4 for saver passengers. To the best of my recollection, it dropped off and picked up again on Strömgatan, near the opera house.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerB said:

Last September it docked at berth S167, Stadsgarden.

I think the shuttle bus was £4 for saver passengers. To the best of my recollection, it dropped off and picked up again on Strömgatan, near the opera house.

Excellent. Thanks for that. Right in the middle of Stockholm… which is cool. We were miles away before on the NCL ship. 

One other question you might know the answer to… I’ve looked up parking at Southampton departure port via CPS and it’s showing as no availability. Anyone else experienced this? Any ideas where else to try? Has anyone parked in another terminals car park and walked across maybe? 

45 minutes ago, kcdionysus said:

Excellent. Thanks for that. Right in the middle of Stockholm… which is cool. We were miles away before on the NCL ship. 

One other question you might know the answer to… I’ve looked up parking at Southampton departure port via CPS and it’s showing as no availability. Anyone else experienced this? Any ideas where else to try? Has anyone parked in another terminals car park and walked across maybe? 

Try Parking4Cruises.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, kcdionysus said:

You're welcome.🙂

For parking you could look at Triangle or, as Majortom states, Parking4Cruises. There are other options such as hotels with parking and even the long stay car parks in the town, at a push.

When are you travelling?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TigerB said:

You're welcome.🙂

For parking you could look at Triangle or, as Majortom states, Parking4Cruises. There are other options such as hotels with parking and even the long stay car parks in the town, at a push.

When are you travelling?

Middle of May. It will only be the 2nd time out of Southampton and last year, we tried the MSC Virtuosa. But because of the Ukraine war, and covid, the ship was empty (900 pax vs 6000 capacity) so parking was a doddle. 

But thanks again, I’ll look those up and see what’s available. 

6 hours ago, kcdionysus said:

check on here https://www.portsofstockholm.com/vessel-calls/

I have searched and Britannia only appears once, and she is listed as calling at 167

map of berths us here https://www.portsofstockholm.com/siteassets/stockholm/kartor/map_of_cruise_berths_2022.pdf 

C9B109BB-3A71-4D6F-B622-381C73775695.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kcdionysus said:

It’s marked on my map, shameful plug for

it.  https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/edit?mid=1hywWVUmk7zVTXMCdSkR5iAKYEGXTA_s&ll=46.57312007528419%2C-24.486358000000013&z=4

Britannia last September berthed in what Google Maps calls Masthamnen Cruise Terminal.  Ten min bus ride.  The transit in and out is straight into my top five port arrivals and departures. 

• Like 1