Airport transfer companies in Sydney.

kernow

Looking for recommendations for companies with whom we can book a transfer from Sydney airport to our city hotel. We will be arriving early morning after travelling for 24 hours so don't think we will feel like using the train or queueing for a taxi, it might be easier to have something prebooked.

Thanks.

We pre-booked transfers a couple of times but got sick and tired of having to wait for the vehicle and having to phone several times before it arrived. Because we had pre-paid, we felt we had to wait. I will add that we haven't ever used the company recommended (redy2go) - they could be much better.

We decided years ago that it is better to get a taxi from Sydney airport and we have never had to wait long, or even wait at all. Usually we have walked outside and got straight into a taxi.

I agree with Aus Traveller.

The taxi lines in Sydney move pretty quickly with minimal wait times.

During busy times, they usually have a dispatch person there who will allocate a suitable car, depending how much luggage you have.

So unless you like to have a guy in an ugly suit with a sign with your name on it waiting for you (if you are lucky), then a regular taxi is just as easy.

Same here pre-booked a shuttle and waited nearly an hour for it to turn up. Not convenient for some but we  took the train the next time and it worked out well for us, we travelled the day before the cruise and  the hotel was near the OPT.

Well, there's one company, which I booked through Booking.com (their suggestion) called GoCatch.

AVOID! I wish I'd read their reviews before I continued with the booking, but I trusted Booking.com to use a reputable company. In fact, I think I'd done the booking before I was informed of the company providing the service. This is my review ---

"The instructions were as follows -
Your driver will arrive when your flight lands and wait for 45 minutes.
1 After passport control and baggage claim, make your way to Arrivals.
2 Look out for your driver who will be holding a sign with your name on it.

I thought I paid for a personalized service! I was expecting the driver to be IN THE TERMINAL with the sign with our names on it. We waited and waited. Finally we managed to contact the service by some stranger letting us use his phone. (We don't have mobile roaming) The driver had been waiting for us in some area we had no knowledge of and had left because we "hadn't turned up" The instructions should have stated where to meet the driver. We managed to get there in the end with a replacement driver from the taxi company, but we were very worried for sometime, that we had been "scammed".

15 hours ago, arxcards said:

Geoff, I’m sure you had a good experience with this company but, after doing a search of reviews with this company….Wow!

So many were very negative about them not showing up when travelers arrived at the airport after they pre paid them online and on top of that not refunding those charges. Very scary to me to be honest.

5 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

We pre-booked transfers a couple of times but got sick and tired of having to wait for the vehicle and having to phone several times before it arrived. Because we had pre-paid, we felt we had to wait. I will add that we haven't ever used the company recommended (redy2go) - they could be much better.

We decided years ago that it is better to get a taxi from Sydney airport and we have never had to wait long, or even wait at all. Usually we have walked outside and got straight into a taxi.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and think a taxi will be the safest and most direct method of transportation 🙂

Cheers,

John

2 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Geoff, I’m sure you had a good experience with this company but, after doing a search of reviews with this company….Wow!

So many were very negative about them not showing up when travelers arrived at the airport after they pre paid them online and on top of that not refunding those charges. Very scary to me to be honest.

Thank you for sharing your experiences and think a taxi will be the safest and most direct method of transportation 🙂

Cheers,

John

Good. I am sure a taxi will work well for you. I wouldn't recommend an airport shuttle either. We did that once and were the last people dropped off after the mini bus did the rounds of several hotels.

• Like 1

After a couple of times booking a shuttle and having to wait around for them to turn up and listen to the excuses why they are late i found it a lot easier to walk out of terminal  and either catch the train or jump into a taxi, the taxi wait has never been a long one.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AZjohn said:

Cheers,

John

Actually, they aren't at the top of my list, but my preferred shuttle company doesn't run scheduled group shuttles to city hotels. The OP did not say which hotel, and did not say if they wanted door to door or a timetabled (cheaper) hotel shuttle.

I haven't had bad service from redy2go, but am more likely to be on a cheap airport hotel shuttle to/from the airport with Super Shuttle. Redy2go has been somewhat anointed by Sydney Airport at the same time some of the other companies have struggled to get staff back since covid.

And going to a city hotel, I would also use a cab - but that wasn't the question that was asked.

• Like 1

Have been happy with Redytogo but you do the tour of hotels until you get to yours.  Taxi prices are reasonable.  You can Google the cost from airport to your hotel so you know if it is in the ball park for you.

After doing the 24 hour travel thing a few times, a taxi to take you straight to your hotel is worth a little extra cost.

• Like 1