Time to arrive at PortMiami to miss transfer bus

-Lew-

Good question.  We’ll be driving to POM and parking there.  Don’t want to be in long lines.  Regent has not yet announced the name of the hotel in Miami.  Final payment is due soon.  Has me wondering.  Should we take the credit and book on our own or should we stick to the original plan with Regent.  In any case we will not use the Regent bus.

• Like 1

We have not yet sailed with Regent, but we've read enough here on CC to know it's very possible to be assigned a less than desirable hotel in a less than desirable location.  We have a number of Regent cruises booked and we've taken the credit on all.  In Miami were staying on points for three nights at Hyatt Centric Brickell Miami.

When we sailed on Splendor last March, the time offered for the boarding pass was clearly designed to deconflict with the transfers which arrived ahead of us as independent travelers.  Didn't work since the pre-boarding processing was hugely backed up.  Similarly, when we boarded Voyager last month using the Regent transfer (to Southampton...doing it on our own would have been quite expensive), we were only offered the set transfer time which, again, seemed to be different than the boarding time offered to independent travelers based on some conversations while on-board.  I should note that the pre-boarding process last month was much simpler than March (and June for another Regent cruise) and should continue to converge on the old normal.

We always try to arrive as early as possible since we don't feel totally relaxed until we are on-board and enjoying lunch.

Edited by Portolan
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, Portolan said:

We always try to arrive as early as possible since we don't feel totally relaxed until we are on-board and enjoying lunch.

I hear you...

On other lines we usually arrive around noon; however, since we're both sailing on the January 21st sailing of the Splendor perhaps we can share a taxi. 🙄 

46 minutes ago, -Lew- said:

I hear you...

On other lines we usually arrive around noon; however, since we're both sailing on the January 21st sailing of the Splendor perhaps we can share a taxi. 🙄 

We're arriving early and staying over with friends so that won't be an option.  But I'll look forward to meeting you on-board (noonish for us, as well).

We're all in the last few posts, talking here about the same sailing I think,  Splendor Jan.21st.  We won't be on the bus, either since we also will be driving to the port and parking our own car.  But sure would like to know how to miss that bus, ha ha, so to speak. 

I also wish they'd get our hotel straightened out before final payment, which is now 12 days from now...

Has anyone allowed Regent to pick up their luggage from their room, and transport it to the ship in Miami and then take a taxi or  uber to the ship. We would like to avoid a full bus. Would Regent object?

Will you then find your luggage in your ship cabin?  Has anyone used this method of travel?

2 hours ago, Avidtravler said:

Has anyone allowed Regent to pick up their luggage from their room, and transport it to the ship in Miami and then take a taxi or  uber to the ship. We would like to avoid a full bus. Would Regent object?

Will you then find your luggage in your ship cabin?  Has anyone used this method of travel?

I have done that in other ports multiple times and then let the Regent rep know we won't be on the bus but our luggage will go with them.  It's not been a problem because they're tagged.

13 hours ago, ChatKat in Ca. said:

I have done that in other ports multiple times and then let the Regent rep know we won't be on the bus but our luggage will go with them.  It's not been a problem because they're tagged.

That's a good idea, Kathy.  I'll ask about that if we end up taking this trip in January.

One thing I might suggest is not trying to "beat the crowds" but rather just roll into the port around 2pm or so.  Yes, you will not be able to have lunch on board but there shouldn't be any lines to check in (and I suspect you will still be able to find something to eat in the Coffee Connection.  Otherwise, just have a big breakfast/lunch at your hotel! 😀)

9 hours ago, rkaratsu said:

One thing I might suggest is not trying to "beat the crowds" but rather just roll into the port around 2pm or so.  Yes, you will not be able to have lunch on board but there shouldn't be any lines to check in (and I suspect you will still be able to find something to eat in the Coffee Connection.  Otherwise, just have a big breakfast/lunch at your hotel! 😀)

Good point.  With our own car, I'm thinking we'll be stuck getting there early, unless we take a "scenic" tour of downtown Miami.  Maybe we could zip over to South Beach for brunch or something, depending on where our hotel is (if they ever tell us.)

Wendy, I dropped DW curb side at terminal J in Miami with our luggage at 10:50. Went and parked the car in terminal J’s parking garage (super convenient). Back to the terminal entrance at 10:55. Luggage had already been taken by the porters. Through security and screening checks by 11:10. Final docs checked and key cards issued by 11:15. At pool grill with bubbly by 11:20. No special cabin involved. There were only a handful of passengers in any line. 

Busses had not arrived!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 10:52 AM, -Lew- said:

We have not yet sailed with Regent, but we've read enough here on CC to know it's very possible to be assigned a less than desirable hotel in a less than desirable location.  We have a number of Regent cruises booked and we've taken the credit on all.  In Miami were staying on points for three nights at Hyatt Centric Brickell Miami.

Love the Hyatt Centric. Wonderful hotel and location.