Anyone Offered to Bid on a Guaranty Cabin

cruzsnooze

We have an inside GTY on an October Enchanted cruise.  We were assigned an inside cabin (exactly the category we'd purchased) and then last week we received the upgrade bid form.  Our choices ranged from Premium Oceanview ($50 minimum) to Premium Deluxe Balcony($255 minimum).  We weren't offered anything in the suite or minisuite categories although those are the only categories that show outright availability right now.  We bid some of the balcony categories since we have no loyalty at all to our current cabin location and we're not especially partial to one location over another (and beggers can't be choosers!).  I'm not optimistic but it's kind of fun to roll the dice and see if we get lucky.

You don't say whether your cabin GTY has already been assigned or not and I don't know if that makes a difference in the process.  I've bid for upgrades on Celebrity and RCL and been lucky but always after my GTY cabins have been assigned.  

Edited by ellenh
extra words
  • Like 1

In our case, as refugees from a canceled San Diego departure, we got a "cabin to be assigned" on a Mexico alternate cruise.  We got an email to bid on an upgrade, and put in a bid on each of the two levels of balcony, above our BD guarantee from the canceled cruise.

After bidding, we were informed that bids were in, and we would learn if they would be successful shortly before the cruise.  Meanwhile, the new trip has been showing as not available for booking.

From the Red Dog Saloon, pre-pandemic.

image.jpeg.c8f686b58505be0148715d819030b317.jpeg

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, CaliforniaDon said:

In our case, as refugees from a canceled San Diego departure, we got a "cabin to be assigned" on a Mexico alternate cruise.  We got an email to bid on an upgrade, and put in a bid on each of the two levels of balcony, above our BD guarantee from the canceled cruise.

After bidding, we were informed that bids were in, and we would learn if they would be successful shortly before the cruise.  Meanwhile, the new trip has been showing as not available for booking.

From the Red Dog Saloon, pre-pandemic.

image.jpeg.c8f686b58505be0148715d819030b317.jpeg

When is your cruise?

14 minutes ago, avonlady6390 said:

I have a guarantee cabin for next month on the discovery have not been assigned a cabin yet received an email offer to bid for upgrades did not do it 

That answers the question, you may get an invitation to bid if you have a GTY. I am also sailing on the Discovery the beginning of Nov.

4 hours ago, CaliforniaDon said:

I'm also a refugee from the San Diego cancellations.   I have 3 B2B's beginning Oct. 1st. on the Discovery.   Immediately after learning of the cancellations, I jumped over to the Discovery.   I ended up with guarantees on all 3 cruises.   1 indoor, and 2 balconies.    I received offers to bid on all 3 cruises.   It appears all 3 cruises are sold out, so I'm not sure what Princess's approach to the bidding process is for, but I bid only to upgrade from the inside cabin.   Not expecting any positive outcome because I bid as low as I could.

I went from 3 nice cabins to guarantees, so it should be interesting.

7 hours ago, cruzin4us said:

I received offers to bid on all 3 cruises.   It appears all 3 cruises are sold out, so I'm not sure what Princess's approach to the bidding process is for

If someone cancels, the a bid might be used to reassign that cabin.