Just off Apex, any questions?

samplecd02

What class were you in?

What was the wine selection like for your beverage pkg, if any?

Did staff seem adequate to the number of passengers?

I was on Apex on her first British Isles cruise in May after the transatlantic and I will be back in a few weeks for the TA back to FLL.

In May, it seemed that there was a lot of new staff and a lot of staff in the wrong position if you will. We often have breakfast in the OVC and noted the usual service was lacking. Day 2 there were a lot of white shirts on walkie-talkies around and by Day 4, the service had improved. Service in the dining room was in general quite good (I think it is always a little rough on that first night).

Wine was an issue. We went to a high end tasting toward the end of the cruise and the cellar master was speaking to some of the guests informally prior to the tasting, From what she said, they were having significant supply chain issues and didn't see when it would get better. I drank less wine and more cocktails on that trip than I ever have.

• Like 2

If I'm reading your posting history right you were in room 15101 on the Apex? If so that's exactly the room we'll be in for our Apex cruise next January. Would love to hear your impressions of the room overall? Any standout positives or negatives?

51 minutes ago, cangelmd said:

What class were you in?

What was the wine selection like for your beverage pkg, if any?

Did staff seem adequate to the number of passengers?

I was on Apex on her first British Isles cruise in May after the transatlantic and I will be back in a few weeks for the TA back to FLL.

In May, it seemed that there was a lot of new staff and a lot of staff in the wrong position if you will. We often have breakfast in the OVC and noted the usual service was lacking. Day 2 there were a lot of white shirts on walkie-talkies around and by Day 4, the service had improved. Service in the dining room was in general quite good (I think it is always a little rough on that first night).

Wine was an issue. We went to a high end tasting toward the end of the cruise and the cellar master was speaking to some of the guests informally prior to the tasting, From what she said, they were having significant supply chain issues and didn't see when it would get better. I drank less wine and more cocktails on that trip than I ever have.

I was in a Edge Villa with the retreat class.
I am not a wine person, but I do like St Michelle Riesling. Hubby tried a Red that he really liked but cant remember the name of. As far as stock we never  had any issues with ours but we drank more martinis than wine (martini Bar is a dangerous place LOL). I do know one of my fellow passengers did mention on the last day they had ran out of her wine but I think the stock situation is improving.
Our sailing was only a little over half full with around 1600 passengers and we never had any type of staffing issue with anything we needed. I do know the next cruise was at capacity so someone  on that sailing may have a different experience. 
As a side note, since you will be on the Apex in a few weeks, can you say hi to Tada for us at the Martini Bar? (James and Cynthia says hi) He makes the best martinis I have ever had. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karmamule said:

If I'm reading your posting history right you were in room 15101 on the Apex? If so that's exactly the room we'll be in for our Apex cruise next January. Would love to hear your impressions of the room overall? Any standout positives or negatives?

I loved the room. The weather did not treat us well enough to have the plunge pool filled more than a few times in a 10 day cruise but that was because of the itinerary and not the room. The positives were the loads of room and views. The only negative would be that the balcony door would stick a little. Also if you are doing a warm weather cruise  I can see where some of the complaints about the balcony not being shaded would be a problem. If Liam is still the butler and I Ketut is the room steward when  you sail, you will be in for a real treat. They are the best. 

I have attached all the pics I took of the room. I cannot figure out why the pictures are showing up sideways because on my PC they are right side up. Any tips on fixing that would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_0553.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0556.jpg

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0558.jpg

IMG_0559.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

IMG_0565.jpg

IMG_0566.jpg

IMG_0567.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0571.jpg

IMG_0572.jpg

Thanks so much for the response! It's such a treat to hear from someone who has stayed in your exact future room!

When my photos do that I load them into a photo editor then rotate them and save/upload the new copy. Later this afternoon I can do that for your photos if you aren't used to doing that and will repost them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cangelmd said:

I'll be on the TA as well. Look for me, I'll be the guy with the big smile on his face, reading a book, trying to guess the right answer in trivia, and trying his luck at a little poker and craps. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, karmamule said:

Thanks so much for the response! It's such a treat to hear from someone who has stayed in your exact future room!

When my photos do that I load them into a photo editor then rotate them and save/upload the new copy. Later this afternoon I can do that for your photos if you aren't used to doing that and will repost them.

That would be appreciated if you have time. I have to go to work in an hour and Im still really jet lagged. If you arent able, just let me know and I will figure it out :).

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

In the Eden, did they have any shows other than just music performance, like where folks dressed up in costumes?

Hope you tried the Eden Cafe cookies and brownies which I believe are only available during lunch hours on sea days!

They mostly had just music performances though I did hear there was one showing in costumes. This was not like I had previously heard where the costumers interact while you are trying to enjoy dinner. I ate at Eden twice and did not have that issue.
Unfortunately, hubby is diabetic, I didnt really search for any outstanding brownies or cookies in  order to not rub it in his face that I could have it and he couldnt 😉. I did have a strawberry shortcake from El Bacio and that was divine.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, samplecd02 said:

I was in a Edge Villa with the retreat class.
I am not a wine person, but I do like St Michelle Riesling. Hubby tried a Red that he really liked but cant remember the name of. 
As a side note, since you will be on the Apex in a few weeks, can you say hi to Tada for us at the Martini Bar? (James and Cynthia says hi) He makes the best martinis I have ever had. 

Thanks for the quick response, I will try to remember to pass on your greeting! I’m still working my way through the Eden cocktail menu, though, still got 2 more to go!

43 minutes ago, Andrewgary said:

I'll be on the TA as well. Look for me, I'll be the guy with the big smile on his face, reading a book, trying to guess the right answer in trivia, and trying his luck at a little poker and craps. 

I will look for you! My husband will be the guy in the beard playing his first craps games - Hess been practicing his dice throws!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, peanut head said:

Is that the downstairs or upstairs bathroom?  Is it just 1 sink for the 2 of you in a suite?

That is the upstairs bathroom. I TOTALLY forgot to take pictures of the downstairs bathroom. It is a full bathroom with a walkin shower but no tub.
There is also the plunge pool that is below and is also sideways. I promise I will figure this out LOL.

IMG_0559.jpg

Edited by samplecd02

4 hours ago, cangelmd said:

I will look for you! My husband will be the guy in the beard playing his first craps games - Hess been practicing his dice throws!

As long as they hit the opposite wall he'll be fine. It also helps if he can avoid throwing 7s.

Glad that you enjoyed your cruise, even though the weather did not cooperate for the plunge pool.  We board Apex for Greece, Turkey and Israel; then we take her TA back to FLL.  It looks like Greece and Turkey are not happy campers, but Germany is trying to help.  I was more worried about Israel, but now who knows what might transpire.  You had weather and we may have some tension between countries.  Looking forward to your review and glad you did enjoy your cruise and those martinis.  I do not drink hardly at all, but maybe I will entertain that and develop preferences.  

Were you able to get Caymus?

Edited by Lastdance

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Who/What/Where is Caymus?
Oh Never mind, with  a little google search figured out that is a wine. I dont remember seeing it on the menu but I am not a wine drinker.

Edited by samplecd02
answer my own question
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, samplecd02 said:

Who/What/Where is Caymus?
Oh Never mind, with  a little google search figured out that is a wine. I dont remember seeing it on the menu but I am not a wine drinker.

Actually, my DH wants to try it because he has heard good things!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Glad that you enjoyed your cruise, even though the weather did not cooperate for the plunge pool.  We board Apex for Greece, Turkey and Israel; then we take her TA back to FLL.  It looks like Greece and Turkey are not happy campers, but Germany is trying to help.  I was more worried about Israel, but now who knows what might transpire.  You had weather and we may have some tension between countries.  Looking forward to your review and glad you did enjoy your cruise and those martinis.  I do not drink hardly at all, but maybe I will entertain that and develop preferences.  

What do mean Greece and Turkey are not happy campers?  This is the first time I am hearing about any problems.

Did they serve snacks at the Craft Social bar?

I've been on Apex twice last year and I am scheduled to be back on it for Thanksgiving week this year. Both times last year, the app showed snack menu at the Craft Social Bar but in reality, they didn't serve any snacks. I think it had to do with limited service due to COVID.

I like munching on stuff while drinking and watching sports. 

9 hours ago, ETHTrader said:

Did they serve snacks at the Craft Social bar?

I've been on Apex twice last year and I am scheduled to be back on it for Thanksgiving week this year. Both times last year, the app showed snack menu at the Craft Social Bar but in reality, they didn't serve any snacks. I think it had to do with limited service due to COVID.

I like munching on stuff while drinking and watching sports. 

They did not serve snacks that I could tell.

8 hours ago, Cruisecrazy25 said:

Any chance you have pictures of the Daily Activities?  I'm newer to Celebrity and can't remember the name for it!

I do not have any pictures of the daily activities.

9 hours ago, baggal said:

What do mean Greece and Turkey are not happy campers?  This is the first time I am hearing about any problems.

Greece and Turkey are back to disagreeing about Crete. (For the umpteenth time in the last century or two)