Yacht Club newbie question time

Elsammo46

Is it possible to have meals in your room like it is on NCL's Haven? If so can it come from any specialty restaurant or just the YC restaurant menu for the night? How does one set this up, just speak to your butler about it I assume? Is in-room dining any additional charge?

How far in advance would you have to inform staff if you wanted something off-menu for dinner? Obviously I know I couldn't have lobster tail every night, I just feel like some nights I'd want something different. Is it possible to have something from a specialty restaurant brought up? I assume you'd just ask the restaurant matredee. 

Are energy drinks included in the beverage package that comes with the YC experience?

Which nights are the formal nights usually held on?

Are drinks free shipwide with the included YC package or only in the YC are of the ship?

Forgive the amount of questioning! Thank you to anyone who responds!

Edited by Elsammo46

No main dinning room for room service just room service menu. You can ask but I’ve been told no before. Energy drinks are included.

free drinks are ship wide. You have to ask about special requests but probably day before.

yacht club is great no crowds always relaxing, enjoy!

3 hours ago, Elsammo46 said:

Which nights are the formal nights usually held on?

The formal night is referred to as Gala Night and really isn't so formal. On our cruise it was held on the first sea day.  There was a whole array of dress from tuxedos and formal wear to cocktail dress and more resort casual.  It may depend on your port of embarkation and also your itinerary.  I was sailing the Caribbean.  Perhaps a Spanish or Italian embarkation port/itinerary would sport a more formal Gala night as they tend to out dress the Americans, who lean more casual in their attire.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches
  • Like 2

One thing you may not know is that YC menu changes every night, unlike the Haven. My family did get a bit bored in the Haven restaurant, but never had a complaint in YC. I honestly don't think it would be very comfortable to have a meal in your room, depending on what type you get. I was in YC Deluxe and had coffee and pastries, but there is only a coffee table and not a dinner type table. I guess if you don't mind holding your plate in your lap or just having it on the coffee table it is certainly possible.

16 hours ago, Elsammo46 said:

Is it possible to have meals in your room like it is on NCL's Haven? If so can it come from any specialty restaurant or just the YC restaurant menu for the night? Been told NO before (not from specialty and not from YC restaurant -- can only arrange for if you are sick or quarantined) 

How far in advance would you have to inform staff if you wanted something off-menu for dinner? The DAY before Obviously I know I couldn't have lobster tail every night, I just feel like some nights I'd want something different. Is it possible to have something from a specialty restaurant brought up? NO

Are energy drinks included in the beverage package that comes with the YC experience? YES

Which nights are the formal nights usually held on? The first Sea Night

• Like 2

On our MSC cruises, the only time we were allowed to have dinner in our RS was when seas were very rough.
DH could not make it to YC dining room, could not maintain his balance.

I went up and asked if I could get 2 entrees to go. Hostess took order and
 contacted our Butler . He brought it to cabin.

We did have breakfast delivered every morning. ( from Room service menu)

1 minute ago, mmbcater said:

Not all drinks are included-if you go to Venchi's chocolate-expect to pay. If you go to the Specialty restaurants-expect to pay... Otherwise you good to go...

I thought the drinks in the specialty restaurants  (with the possible exception of the Mexican) were included.🤔

11 hours ago, mmbcater said:

Not all drinks are included-if you go to Venchi's chocolate-expect to pay. If you go to the Specialty restaurants-expect to pay... Otherwise you good to go...

That used to vary by ship but can't say what is going on now.  Example, Seaside most venchi drinks free for YC as was Gelato over ship.  Mera, no.

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

That used to vary by ship but can't say what is going on now.  Example, Seaside most venchi drinks free for YC as was Gelato over ship.  Mera, no.

The Seaside policy changed with the corporate policy change on Venchi, unfortunately.  Luckily for us, it didn't change until Seaside went to the med.

13 hours ago, mmbcater said:

You can have drinks in Butcher's Cut, Ocean Cay (basically MSC venues and not those contracted out like Hola!) up to the $15 price point.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dexddd said:

47 minutes ago, JAGR said:

The Seaside policy changed with the corporate policy change on Venchi, unfortunately.  Luckily for us, it didn't change until Seaside went to the med.

Venchi used to be included for Yacht Club just like crepes and gelato were included. Things slowly (inconsistently) started to change and now they are no longer included. When I sailed Seaside, those things were all included. 

Meraviglia was not included at any point from what I remember since that is Jean-Philippe, not Venchi. 

Ice cream at the Smiling Fish was included on my last 2 cruises for Yacht Club guests but I've never seen that officially listed anywhere. I didn't even know until I tried to pay during my first trip to Ocean Cay. I thought that I got lucky but on the 2nd day (overnight) it was the same and my cruise 3 months later was also the same. 

• Like 1